Hello and Welcome... What's your name? Tell me about You...

Re: Hello and Welcome... What's your name? Tell me about You

Postby Mojojita » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:19 am

Welcome to all these wonderful virgin burners! TG, you took the words out of my mouth, reading these posts and having virgins around always lets me see TTITD with new eyes.
Ut ballista es interdico, tantum interdico mos fui ballista.
User avatar
Mojojita
 
Posts: 1031
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:17 am
Location: Under your bed

Re: Hello and Welcome... What's your name? Tell me about You

Postby Savannah » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:36 am

OldDocWilliamson wrote:Hi, I'm "OldDocWilliamson" but as you'll see in my sig, I am not a doctor, it's just a nickname. I hail originally from Canada (kinda allover, Ottawa, Calgary, Edmonton, Peachland, Moncton) but last 30 years in Los Angeles and Phoenix. First time burner this year. I've been aware of BM for longer than I can remember, which lately seems to be in the same class as the Ellen Degeneris character in Finding Nemo. Still working on logistics and finances of attending BM 2013, including considering RV rentals, and looking for potential RV-mates to split the costs. So far it's me and my longtime friend from Victoria, British Columbia. (I have sleep apnea so will probably be running a small electric breathing assist device all night, which is not as intrusive as it sounds, but want to do full disclosure before luring otherwise unsuspecting folks.)

I thought, merely abstractly, about a yurt, but seeing someone mention theirs here, Sounds like it could/would be a lot cheaper than the $2500 to $6000 for a motorhome. I suppose I'll have to research that too.
Tips on RV (yes, I've read the RV survival guide) or yurts or anything else will be appreciated.
I'll curb my tendency to blab too much, and shut up now. :)

Sincerely,


Welcome, OldDocWilliamson. :) Glad to hear you've read the RV Survival Guide. This is another good thread about how to keep an RV experience manageable.

Exp. RVers: Suggestions for House rules for renting an RV
viewtopic.php?p=622764

You can post in 2013 Share Resources once you've got your RV reserved and list the city you'll be leaving from and the places you're likely to pass through. Some heavy sleeper may be happy to bunk with you and your friend. :) There will also be a rideshare board on the Burning Man site later in the year.

Santa Gary wrote:Hi! Santa Gary here. Old man that will be attending first Burning Man in 2013. Photographer by trade, I actually consider myself a retired guy that has to frequently come out of retirement to make a dollar or two. I'll be coming from Alabama so looking for someone to share a trip.


Hi Santa Gary!

I trust you've seen the Photographer's Guide? If not, here ya go . . .
http://www.burningman.com/press/photo_guide.html

I am not sure if the Alabama Burner mailing list is active, but you might try joining it. Maybe you'll meet a rideshare. There will also be a rideshare board on the main Burning Man website, as I was telling OldDocWilliamson . . .

http://regionals.burningman.com/us_al.html
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
User avatar
Savannah
Moderator
 
Posts: 10525
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:33 pm
Burning Since: 2000

Re: Hello and Welcome... What's your name? Tell me about You

Postby Asquared » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:12 pm

hi all! i'm amy.

have had some slow time at work recently and spent the last couple reading literally every thread on this board (ok, not literally). so many thank yous to you vets for all the helpful info. i am a super planner by nature - trying so hard for radical self reliance while still maintaining the spirit of spontaneity.

i'm a giddy schoolgirl, and we're still 6 months out!

i live in LA, and my virgin campmate is coming from australia. so excited!

<3
"Settle down you two and play nice - or no dubstep for either." mdmf007
"Just look for camp 'Bad Mother Fucker' and ask for Jules." Supafly_fresh
User avatar
Asquared
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:40 am
Location: DTLA
Burning Since: 2013

Re: Hello and Welcome... What's your name? Tell me about You

Postby gyre » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:16 pm

Hi, Amy

We can always use more of the calm, reasoned voice that australians bring.
User avatar
gyre
 
Posts: 15346
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:01 pm
Location: ΦάÏ

Re: Hello and Welcome... What's your name? Tell me about You

Postby Earthwalker » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:03 pm

Amy, you basically just summed me up: obsessive planner, and giddy like a school girl!

Except I'm a boy...:)

Coming from San Diego myself

Welcome!
Please forgive me...this cubicle has stolen portions of my mind and my soul
User avatar
Earthwalker
 
Posts: 312
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:16 pm
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Trifucta

Re: Hello and Welcome... What's your name? Tell me about You

Postby Savannah » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:10 pm

Asquared wrote:hi all! i'm amy.

have had some slow time at work recently and spent the last couple reading literally every thread on this board (ok, not literally). so many thank yous to you vets for all the helpful info. i am a super planner by nature - trying so hard for radical self reliance while still maintaining the spirit of spontaneity.

i'm a giddy schoolgirl, and we're still 6 months out!

i live in LA, and my virgin campmate is coming from australia. so excited!

<3


Someone who read a whole bunch of threads, and says thank you! :shock: (Oh my God, you guys!) Amy the Super Planner! Welcome, Amy. I sense that you may rock . . .



We are rather accustomed to people who read none of the site and then say "Do you have any tips?" :lol:
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
User avatar
Savannah
Moderator
 
Posts: 10525
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:33 pm
Burning Since: 2000

Foretold Long Ago

Postby gyre » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:32 pm

And a giddie schaolgirl shall lead them ...
User avatar
gyre
 
Posts: 15346
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:01 pm
Location: ΦάÏ

Re: Hello and Welcome... What's your name? Tell me about You

Postby Asquared » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:01 pm

seriously, I can see it being impossible for self reliance the first year without the plethora of info from you all. contradictory to most e-places, I do hope to bump into some of you on the real playa.

savannah - I sense you rock as well. lets have a boogie together!
"Settle down you two and play nice - or no dubstep for either." mdmf007
"Just look for camp 'Bad Mother Fucker' and ask for Jules." Supafly_fresh
User avatar
Asquared
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:40 am
Location: DTLA
Burning Since: 2013

Re: Hello and Welcome... What's your name? Tell me about You

Postby Savannah » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:20 pm

Asquared wrote:seriously, I can see it being impossible for self reliance the first year without the plethora of info from you all. contradictory to most e-places, I do hope to bump into some of you on the real playa.

savannah - I sense you rock as well. lets have a boogie together!


This can be arranged. :lol: Come to the ePlaya Meet & Greet on Wednesday of the Burn @ 6pm, Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro. It's a potluck, so bring food, booze or ice if you can, but don't stay away if you find yourself without.

Barbie Death Camp is usually in the vicinity of 3:30 and E Street on the map; exact location TBA on these boards in a few months. :)
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
User avatar
Savannah
Moderator
 
Posts: 10525
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:33 pm
Burning Since: 2000

Re: Hello and Welcome... What's your name? Tell me about You

Postby canexplain » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:12 pm

Savannah wrote:
Asquared wrote:seriously, I can see it being impossible for self reliance the first year without the plethora of info from you all. contradictory to most e-places, I do hope to bump into some of you on the real playa.

savannah - I sense you rock as well. lets have a boogie together!


This can be arranged. :lol: Come to the ePlaya Meet & Greet on Wednesday of the Burn @ 6pm, Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro. It's a potluck, so bring food, booze or ice if you can, but don't stay away if you find yourself without.

Barbie Death Camp is usually in the vicinity of 3:30 and E Street on the map; exact location TBA on these boards in a few months. :)


Hey Savannah, is it too hot on the Playa for sugar candies, namely New Orleans style pralines? I have been obsessed with trying all sorts of varieties lately and some are pretty decent. I have been wrapping them individually but that would be counter productive to moop disposal me thinks. I could just have some sheets of goodies, break off chunks and hand out sweets? Just wondering. The last thing I want to do is have to hand out spoons to eat em :shock:
Coachella Wk2 04/19-04/21
Wakarusa 05/30-06/02
Bonnaroo 06/13-06/16
Dave Matthews Band 08/23-08/24
BurningMan 08/26-09/02
VooDoo 11/01-11/03
Bridge Benefit 10/???
User avatar
canexplain
 
Posts: 299
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:26 pm
Location: Aurora Colorado
Burning Since: 2013

Re: Hello and Welcome... What's your name? Tell me about You

Postby Earthwalker » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:26 pm

Savannah wrote:
This can be arranged. :lol: Come to the ePlaya Meet & Greet on Wednesday of the Burn @ 6pm, Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro. It's a potluck, so bring food, booze or ice if you can, but don't stay away if you find yourself without.

Barbie Death Camp is usually in the vicinity of 3:30 and E Street on the map; exact location TBA on these boards in a few months. :)


Is that invite open to others? :) I'd love to stop by and bring some gift love as a small token of appreciation for all the guidance I've received in my short time here.

Thanks! :coffee:
Please forgive me...this cubicle has stolen portions of my mind and my soul
User avatar
Earthwalker
 
Posts: 312
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:16 pm
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Trifucta

Re: Hello and Welcome... What's your name? Tell me about You

Postby Asquared » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:14 am

splendid :) anywhere called barbie death camp is a spot I want to be.

earthwalker, if you bring some kale I'll be your best friend. I'm vegetarian - I think that will be the biggest challenge of playa living.
"Settle down you two and play nice - or no dubstep for either." mdmf007
"Just look for camp 'Bad Mother Fucker' and ask for Jules." Supafly_fresh
User avatar
Asquared
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:40 am
Location: DTLA
Burning Since: 2013

Re: Hello and Welcome... What's your name? Tell me about You

Postby Earthwalker » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:28 am

I'm on the "vegetarian path" hahah. Meaning, I went from "meat lover" to MAYBE once a week, or twice. Haven't quite sworn it off, one reason being that every time I say I can't/shouldn't do something, for some odd reason it makes me REALLY want to do it!

But we got a vitamix and have been making some super yummy smoothies with tons of greens. From what I've seen, and I could be way off, a lot of the places that serve up food, serve meat free. Seems like it would be tough to keep meat at safe temperatures out there.

Take a look at this theme camp below (as found on BM theme camp listing). I would imagine they'll be here again this year since the carrot v bunny thing seems to be an annual occurrence:

More Carrot (BRC Farmers’ Market)More Carrot continues in our tradition of bringing fresh vegetables and fruit to our lovely dust-covered Burning Man brethren. We offer a morning farmers’ market stall, a roving bicycle-based farmers’ market, ping pong and many opportunities to exclaim with joy, “I love fresh produce in the playa!” Join us in your finest orange and green for a pre-party and march the evening of the Billion Bunnies March as we take a public stand for Carrots’ rights! More Carrot. Less Stick.
Hometown: International: mostly Australian, UK & US
URL: http://www.facebook.com/BRCfarmersMarket
Contact: newburn.jessie@gmail.com

Fresh produce!!!
Please forgive me...this cubicle has stolen portions of my mind and my soul
User avatar
Earthwalker
 
Posts: 312
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:16 pm
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Trifucta

Re: Hello and Welcome... What's your name? Tell me about You

Postby Earthwalker » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:40 am

Amy...out of curiosity, how are you getting to BRC? Just trying to settle on a route myself so curious which way other SoCal's plan on going. Right now I"m thinking 395 to 6, 360, 95, and something like that. Generally referred to as "spooky desert" on the BM website. It avoids mountains (395) and likely road construction (5/80), plus going up 5 is just a generally horrible experience (I drive to Bay Area pretty often)

Tim :)
Please forgive me...this cubicle has stolen portions of my mind and my soul
User avatar
Earthwalker
 
Posts: 312
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:16 pm
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Trifucta

Re: Hello and Welcome... What's your name? Tell me about You

Postby Savannah » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:51 am

canexplain wrote:
Savannah wrote:
Asquared wrote:seriously, I can see it being impossible for self reliance the first year without the plethora of info from you all. contradictory to most e-places, I do hope to bump into some of you on the real playa.

savannah - I sense you rock as well. lets have a boogie together!


This can be arranged. :lol: Come to the ePlaya Meet & Greet on Wednesday of the Burn @ 6pm, Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro. It's a potluck, so bring food, booze or ice if you can, but don't stay away if you find yourself without.

Barbie Death Camp is usually in the vicinity of 3:30 and E Street on the map; exact location TBA on these boards in a few months. :)


Hey Savannah, is it too hot on the Playa for sugar candies, namely New Orleans style pralines? I have been obsessed with trying all sorts of varieties lately and some are pretty decent. I have been wrapping them individually but that would be counter productive to moop disposal me thinks. I could just have some sheets of goodies, break off chunks and hand out sweets? Just wondering. The last thing I want to do is have to hand out spoons to eat em :shock:


It's worth a shot. People have a sense of humor about imperfect playa cooking, though. Everything good tastes even better out there.

It does get quite hot on the playa; 90F is common in the day, over 100F can happen, 113F is the hottest I think I ever experienced, but it was rare. (Wasn't that bad, no humidity!) In 2009 I (accidentally) kept a batch of fudge in perfect condition by forgetting it under a seat in my cargo van. :lol: For better results: keep candies cool propped above the ice in a waterproof container inside a cooler (or whatever you decide). Coolers should be in the shade (obvious, I know) and off the ground a few inches on a pallet or something (something less obvious).

Asquared wrote:splendid :) anywhere called barbie death camp is a spot I want to be.

earthwalker, if you bring some kale I'll be your best friend. I'm vegetarian - I think that will be the biggest challenge of playa living.


Here's one thread to get you started. The Food & Drink forum has more.

HARDY Produce for the Playa?
viewtopic.php?f=276&t=55748

Earthwalker wrote:
Savannah wrote:
This can be arranged. :lol: Come to the ePlaya Meet & Greet on Wednesday of the Burn @ 6pm, Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro. It's a potluck, so bring food, booze or ice if you can, but don't stay away if you find yourself without.

Barbie Death Camp is usually in the vicinity of 3:30 and E Street on the map; exact location TBA on these boards in a few months. :)


Is that invite open to others? :) I'd love to stop by and bring some gift love as a small token of appreciation for all the guidance I've received in my short time here.

Thanks! :coffee:


Yes, of course, or I would never broadcast it all over the Welcome thread, nor would there be long threads like this below (it hasn't been posted in for a few weeks). :)

Eplaya Meet and Greet 2013 - What are you doing?
viewtopic.php?f=323&t=62918

It's a jolly occasion; goes for 3+ hours, but show up near the start time for best results (the greatest number of people, lots of food, & champagne has not yet erased memories of meeting one another).
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
User avatar
Savannah
Moderator
 
Posts: 10525
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:33 pm
Burning Since: 2000

Re: Hello and Welcome... What's your name? Tell me about You

Postby Earthwalker » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:07 am

Haha, that's what I was assuming, SAvannah. But...didn't want to assume too much, show up and have folks like "hey, who is this guy?" :oops:

Assuming I have any clue what time or day it is, I will be there!

Thank you :)
Please forgive me...this cubicle has stolen portions of my mind and my soul
User avatar
Earthwalker
 
Posts: 312
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:16 pm
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Trifucta

Re: Hello and Welcome... What's your name? Tell me about You

Postby meincoif » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:54 pm

Hiya! I've been sneaking around the eplaya for years now, so I think it's probably time I properly introduce myself. My first burn was in 2003, and it truly was "Beyond Belief." It was love at first sight, home at first roll-in-the-dust. Thanks for all of the wisdom, advice, and snark that got me through my virgin year (mostly) alive and well! Hailing from Ohio and doing the grad school/get-a-real-job shuffle the last ten years, I've only been able to make it to BRC four times, which will make this year my fiver! And the 10th anniversary of my first burn! And I just turned 30! Exciting times, no?

Anyway, I have a whole handbasket full of ideas for sparkling contributions to our fair city this year to make it extra-special and celebrate my 5-10-30er, and I look forward to sharing some of them with you, dear e-playans!

Yours Affectionately,
Ruby
User avatar
meincoif
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2003 7:59 pm
Location: Columbus, Ohio

Re: Hello and Welcome... What's your name? Tell me about You

Postby Savannah » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:14 pm

Earthwalker wrote:Haha, that's what I was assuming, SAvannah. But...didn't want to assume too much, show up and have folks like "hey, who is this guy?" :oops:


Haha! Well, people will do that anyway sometimes, but it's not in an unfriendy way--it happens to everybody, because some of us don't have our faces in our avatars, or wear sunglasses in our avatars (Lucky420!) or change up our look before the Meet & Greet. :) Luckily, we wear nametags. If you remain a presence here between now and the Burn, some folks will have name recognition for you. I will. But I'll have to look at your nametag first.

The easiest ePlayan to recognize: Eric. :D

Assuming I have any clue what time or day it is, I will be there!


Yeah, that's a big IF. :) "Playa Time" is a real phenomenon . . . Wednesday night might find you on a pirate ship mutant vehicle with an Ecstatic Dancer from Hungary. Sometimes you have to see it through. :lol:

meincoif wrote:Hiya! I've been sneaking around the eplaya for years now, so I think it's probably time I properly introduce myself. My first burn was in 2003, and it truly was "Beyond Belief." It was love at first sight, home at first roll-in-the-dust. Thanks for all of the wisdom, advice, and snark that got me through my virgin year (mostly) alive and well! Hailing from Ohio and doing the grad school/get-a-real-job shuffle the last ten years, I've only been able to make it to BRC four times, which will make this year my fiver! And the 10th anniversary of my first burn! And I just turned 30! Exciting times, no?

Anyway, I have a whole handbasket full of ideas for sparkling contributions to our fair city this year to make it extra-special and celebrate my 5-10-30er, and I look forward to sharing some of them with you, dear e-playans!

Yours Affectionately,
Ruby


Wow, you're a heck of a Longterm Lurker! (I don't keep track, but it's hard to think of someone else who's been here that long AND has finally said something.)

Welcome, Ruby! :D
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
User avatar
Savannah
Moderator
 
Posts: 10525
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:33 pm
Burning Since: 2000

Re: Hello and Welcome... What's your name? Tell me about You

Postby Earthwalker » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:21 pm

Welcome ruby! Definitely a new lurker record...on any board! :)
Please forgive me...this cubicle has stolen portions of my mind and my soul
User avatar
Earthwalker
 
Posts: 312
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:16 pm
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Trifucta

Re: Hello and Welcome... What's your name? Tell me about You

Postby Earthwalker » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:06 am

I think this board should have a casual encounters section. "hey, your avatar is hot...wanna get naked with me in the deep Playa?"
Please forgive me...this cubicle has stolen portions of my mind and my soul
User avatar
Earthwalker
 
Posts: 312
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:16 pm
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Trifucta

Re: Hello and Welcome... What's your name? Tell me about You

Postby Asquared » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:51 am

alright, alright. i'll put my face up!
"Settle down you two and play nice - or no dubstep for either." mdmf007
"Just look for camp 'Bad Mother Fucker' and ask for Jules." Supafly_fresh
User avatar
Asquared
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:40 am
Location: DTLA
Burning Since: 2013

Re: Hello and Welcome... What's your name? Tell me about You

Postby Savannah » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:31 am

Amy haz a face! I knew I shouldn't have listened to all the rumors. ;)

Earthwalker wrote:I think this board should have a casual encounters section. "hey, your avatar is hot...wanna get naked with me in the deep Playa?"


This whole board is a "Casual Encounters" section. :lol:
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
User avatar
Savannah
Moderator
 
Posts: 10525
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:33 pm
Burning Since: 2000

Re: Hello and Welcome... What's your name? Tell me about You

Postby meincoif » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:51 am

Hmm. I don't know how to feel about setting a longtime lurker record! eek! That said, I haven't been a complete virtual recluse-- just haven't don't proper introductions and all. You know. Anyway, *waves in a friendly non-creepy way* nice to leave the lurker shadows.
User avatar
meincoif
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2003 7:59 pm
Location: Columbus, Ohio

Re: Hello and Welcome... What's your name? Tell me about You

Postby Savannah » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:03 pm

meincoif wrote:Hmm. I don't know how to feel about setting a longtime lurker record! eek! That said, I haven't been a complete virtual recluse-- just haven't don't proper introductions and all. You know. Anyway, *waves in a friendly non-creepy way* nice to leave the lurker shadows.


Haha! . . . on second thought, judging by your post count and how long ago you started posting, you're not really a lurktastic record-setter. Just an infrequent poster. :) Glad you're posting more.
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
User avatar
Savannah
Moderator
 
Posts: 10525
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:33 pm
Burning Since: 2000

Re: Hello and Welcome... What's your name? Tell me about You

Postby Earthwalker » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:12 pm

meincoif wrote:Hmm. I don't know how to feel about setting a longtime lurker record! eek! That said, I haven't been a complete virtual recluse-- just haven't don't proper introductions and all. You know. Anyway, *waves in a friendly non-creepy way* nice to leave the lurker shadows.


Haha, you should feel great! We should all feel great today, because life is beautiful and being alive is the greatest gift we could ever receive, closely followed by the feeling of loving and being loved. Today we should all quiet our minds and instead try to feel what's going on around us. Instead of ignoring our instincts/gut, trust it. Instead of thinking about how we're different from others, let's think about what we have in common. Think about what we can do for others, and not just ourselves; there's plenty of time to think about ourselves tomorrow.

Very grateful today!!

:)
Please forgive me...this cubicle has stolen portions of my mind and my soul
User avatar
Earthwalker
 
Posts: 312
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:16 pm
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Trifucta

Re: Hello and Welcome... What's your name? Tell me about You

Postby Earthwalker » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:13 pm

Asquared wrote:alright, alright. i'll put my face up!


And what a very pretty face it is!! :wink:
Please forgive me...this cubicle has stolen portions of my mind and my soul
User avatar
Earthwalker
 
Posts: 312
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:16 pm
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Trifucta

Re: Hello and Welcome... What's your name? Tell me about You

Postby haleigh » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:42 pm

Hey! I'm Haleigh - Burning Man virgin. I'm currently attending college in the greater Los Angeles area and will be graduating December of '14. Plan on making my first Burning Man shortly after in that next summer with my SO.

Just made an account and looking for some more information! I've been interested in Burning Man since I first heard about it a year or two ago, but have been more heavily researching and talking to Burner's for the past month.

Hope to meet some of you and maybe see you in the next few summers! :D
User avatar
haleigh
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:04 pm
Burning Since: 2015

Re: Hello and Welcome... What's your name? Tell me about You

Postby Savannah » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:44 pm

Hi Haleigh! :D
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
User avatar
Savannah
Moderator
 
Posts: 10525
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:33 pm
Burning Since: 2000

Re: Hello and Welcome... What's your name? Tell me about You

Postby BrisBurner » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:03 pm

Hello,

Been lurking for a couple of weeks but I've finally come in here to introduce ourselves. :) There is just so much info on here, it's so easy to get caught up reading and absorbing and not even writing a thing. But alas here we go...

My name is Mark and I will be coming from Australia with 5 good mates, all squashed into an RV for the week. All virgin burners and all super excited to be coming over to be part of this. Burning man will be the 2nd last week of a 5 week holiday where we'll all be doing different things. We're grabbing an RV in LA the week before, picking up the last traveller in San Fran along with supplies and then sitting tight for the long drive to BM.

So far on this forum I've been enjoying reading about bikes, LED lighting, shades, Rv Survival, theme camps, travel logistics etc. So much to plan but that's a big part of the fun. We've already started a giant 'to buy / to bring' list to make sure we don't forget anything and we've been getting together every couple of weeks to talk travel plans, etc. Been looking at theme camps a fair bit too as many people have recommended to get involved with one if possible. That one is going to be a tricky one.

Anyways I hope to bump into some of you around here and on the playa,

All the best,

Mark
User avatar
BrisBurner
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:11 pm
Burning Since: 2013

Re: Hello and Welcome... What's your name? Tell me about You

Postby Earthwalker » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:05 pm

Welcome mate. Awesome to see so many people coming from all over
Please forgive me...this cubicle has stolen portions of my mind and my soul
User avatar
Earthwalker
 
Posts: 312
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:16 pm
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Trifucta

PreviousNext

Return to Introduce Yourself!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests