First time coming from Chicago

First time coming from Chicago

Postby cryptohex » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:01 pm

Hello all,

I'm Doug. I'm 26 and a new dad from the northwest suburbs of Chicago. After trying and failing to get tickets for 2012, my crew and I got tickets for 2013! The 4 of us have been to a few local event in the Chicago area, most notably the Xmas tree burn in Feb the last 2 years. I'm a maker, a designer, an IT guy by occupation. I love to tinker. I love camping and backpacking. I race cardboard boats (yes, you read that correctly). I record a weekly podcast with the guys I'm going to BM with. Its called The Other Brew, it's our excuse to drink a new beer each week, It just turned 1 year old. I seem to thrive on planning and executing projects and trips (man am I going to crash when we get back in Sept).
My projects and burning man planning folders have been growing for months, but now that I have a ticket, its open season to start working on things: plywood picnic table, used billboard vinyl shade shelter, fixing the old army tent we have, EL wire cornhole boards (I might have to make them cubs themed for re-usability at home), build a bike rack (the previous attempt out of PVC only lasted 1 trip to CO and back), Tensegrity hammock stand, solar oven, solar ice maker (i just found those plans), grey water fountain/evaporator, and more. We'll see what other ideas spring up after I go to Maker Faire in San Francisco this year! Another first, Iv'e only been to the NYC one. I'm a bit excited about that too!
Burning Since: 2013

Re: First time coming from Chicago

Postby TomServo » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:19 pm

Welcome to eplaya! BM makes for a good test ground. I'm sure you'll feel right at home!
anything worth doing is worth overdoing..
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: BloodBath&Beyond

Postby some seeing eye » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:18 pm

Sounds like you will fit right in!
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion
some seeing eye
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Postby Savannah » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:11 pm

Hi Doug! :D