What to wear? What not to wear? Where to find and how to make anything from goggles to fantastic pieces of playawear.
I'm limited to the 50 lbs I can fly with (wardrobe and what gear I don't store/intend to buy in Reno), every new thing I find through the year means taking something out. It's tragic. The more mix-and-match a piece can be, the longer it'll stay through multiple suitcase repackings.
I try to get a few burns out of anything glamorous before pieces get donated to a costume camp to be reborn. Coats usually go the same way- though I'm sure I'll run into one that I want to hang onto eventually.
- Posts: 34
- Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:39 am
- Location: Toronto, Ontario
It is the way
as I go ever less tangled
- Posts: 1910
- Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:34 pm
Simon of the Playa
- Posts: 16254
- Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:25 pm
- Location: Rochester, Nevada.
- Burning Since: 1996
- Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins
I've been wearing the same ensemble since 2003: cotton muslin pajama pants with deep pockets, cotton t-shirt, apron and 2.5 yards of unbleached cotton muslin. I work 12 hour days regardless of weather conditions, so this has served me well.
Chief Poopervisor of the Pottie Project
- Posts: 2822
- Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2003 1:07 pm
- Location: LOS of the Pottie doors
- Burning Since: 1999
- Camp Name: Pottie Central
Pretty much all the night costumes I have made myself are always on the list (skirt made out of pool tubing, black shirt infused with blinky lights, skirt with flowers hot glued on) but day ware is mainly loud silk-like shirts and long light skirts and are updated year after year
If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving is NOT for you!
- Posts: 18
- Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:11 pm
- Burning Since: 2008
Care Bear onesie
My tutu collection
A blue faux fur jacket that was gifted to me!
I think a better question is: are there items that you take every year but never seem to wear? I always bring two tubs of costumes and only end up wearing 3/4 of one.
- Posts: 68
- Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:58 pm
- Location: Durango, CO
- Burning Since: 2010
- Camp Name: Anita Cocktail
Ah, but it is so good to have options!
- Posts: 18147
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2004 6:23 am
- Location: Wild, Wild West
- Burning Since: 2001
- Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art
Return to Clothing & Playawear
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest