Burning Man 2013 Tickets Info

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Re: Burning Man 2013 Tickets Info

Postby Elorrum » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:46 pm

it costs nothing to not go to the Superbowl. Deal!
What's the name of the act? The Aristocrats.
Elorrum

Postby Killbuck » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:48 pm

Yes! Bring Anti-chicken wings.

BTW if chicken wings and anti-chicken wings come into contact, it releases a gigantic explosion of buffalo sauce.
http://sideshow2014.weebly.com Bringing Sideshow back to the playa, and part of the Embrace Crew, 2014.
Killbuck

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: Sideshow

Postby Krokodyle » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:53 pm

BrisBurner wrote:ps We're totally happy with the price of tickets. Normal two day music festivals in Australia cost the same amount. I know this is different, but still totally worth it.

Coachella Music Festival passes started at $350 and work their way up. You wanted to car camp, too? $800. Sure, it's a different event, and they've got bands to pay, but $400 for the week at BM was totally reasonable, in my opinion.
I can't help it, I'm a born lever-puller.
Krokodyle

Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: (Endorphin) Orphans Too

Postby Krokodyle » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:54 pm

Killbuck wrote:BTW if chicken wings and anti-chicken wings come into contact, it releases a gigantic explosion of buffalo sauce.

That would certainly keep the playa dust down...
I can't help it, I'm a born lever-puller.
Krokodyle

Camp Name: (Endorphin) Orphans Too

Postby PIXIP » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:54 pm

here is another satisfied Israeli on the road to Black Rock.
דרישת שלום מישראל
PIXIP

Postby ShortC » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:04 am

Does anyone know if all of the Low Income tickets are gone? I've tried to apply for a week and never get a return email packet. I've checked my server's spam and junk filters. Nothing.
ShortC

Postby Savannah » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:03 am

Applicants should receive a response within 4-6 weeks of submitting their application. LIT doesn't appear to be closed yet.

if you haven't received an email copy of your application within 24 hours of submission please email lowincome(at)burningman(dot)com with your full name and email address used on your application. It may take up to six weeks to review applications after submission - please do not email asking about the status of your application before then as answering those emails takes us away from reviewing applications.

http://tickets.burningman.com/

However, if you do not have a yes or no by the end of 6 weeks, write in.
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby ShortC » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:47 am

Savannah wrote:Applicants should receive a response within 4-6 weeks of submitting their application. LIT doesn't appear to be closed yet.

if you haven't received an email copy of your application within 24 hours of submission please email lowincome(at)burningman(dot)com with your full name and email address used on your application. It may take up to six weeks to review applications after submission - please do not email asking about the status of your application before then as answering those emails takes us away from reviewing applications.

http://tickets.burningman.com/

However, if you do not have a yes or no by the end of 6 weeks, write in.

As previously stated, I can not get past the "received an email copy of your application within 24 hours of submission" stage.
ShortC

Postby trilobyte » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:52 am

ShortC - sounds like you may have a problem with your mail provider. Try logging into your provider's web site and checking the spam folder there (if it's accessible to you). They may be doing their own provider-level blocking that caught it before it ever hit your inbox. While you're logged into their site, see if you're able to add addresses to some kind of trusted senders/whitelist. If that's not an option, see if they'll let you add filters (with GMail, for example, you add a filter and then choose the action 'never send to spam'). Then add the address *@burningman.com.

If you check the site and the acknowledgement email isn't in your provider's spam filter, then send a quick note to the low income ticket address (not to ticketsupport@). Don't ask about the status of your application (you don't want to get lumped in with those people), just explain that you didn't receive the email copy of your application (and have checked your spam filters). Ask if they can simply confirm that your application was received, or if you should re-submit.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Re: Low Income Tickets

Postby ShortC » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:14 pm

I have checked with my ISP and even though I have completed the initial packet request on 4 separate days, no replies in their or my spam/junk folders. I requested help two days ago, explaining my problem, and am still waiting for a reply.
ShortC

Postby Earthwalker » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:43 am

Anyone have any idea where they're at in terms of moving the 40k general tickets? Just curious if my four hours spent staying at my computer screen exactly at noon on Wednesday was necessary

Either way I suppose it was worth the peace of mind knowing I have tix
Please forgive me...this cubicle has stolen portions of my mind and my soul
Earthwalker

Camp Name: Trifucta

Postby Rice » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:44 am

Earthwalker wrote:Anyone have any idea where they're at in terms of moving the 40k general tickets? Just curious if my four hours spent staying at my computer screen exactly at noon on Wednesday was necessary

Either way I suppose it was worth the peace of mind knowing I have tix

All of the 40K tickets were sold in about 6.5 hours. I would say it was worth it ... :D
Love Rice

Roach: "I feel like in this day and age, every girl should know how to build a flamethrower."
Rice

Burning Since: 2007

Postby Janet Planet » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:41 am

trilobyte wrote:The credit card name on the purchase must match the user name of the Burner Profile.
If the ticket is to be shipped, then you are absolutely correct, the name on the order doesn't really matter once you have tickets in hand. Of course, they won't be in hand for 4-5 months, and if the tickets are sold or gifted you'd need to change the name and address on the order to make sure it gets sent to the right place when they're mailed out.
Tickets held at will call are the only ones where it really matters what name is on the order in the long run, because that individual has to show up at the gate with The necessary ID in order to claim the tickets.

The day before the general sale, my credit card was hacked and canceled. Two friends who had planned on getting just one ticket each got one for me (I'm gifting one to my sister) in the sale, AND to hedge my bets I got two tickets on my husband's credit card (same shipping address).
When I asked about this on the Facecrack page 8 minutes before the sale, Trilobyte said "Registration info needs to match purchase info or the order may be canceled". That "MAY be canceled" scared me into hedging my bets; now I have 4 tickets and only need two.

So, to make absolutely sure, before I put two into STEP,
Trilobyte, is there a possibility that my husbands credit card order may still be canceled? I don't want to throw the two extras into STEP and then have the two I need get canceled.
Janet Planet

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Grandma Frum's Painful Candy

Postby canexplain » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:25 am

Krokodyle wrote:
BrisBurner wrote:ps We're totally happy with the price of tickets. Normal two day music festivals in Australia cost the same amount. I know this is different, but still totally worth it.

Coachella Music Festival passes started at $350 and work their way up. You wanted to car camp, too? $800. Sure, it's a different event, and they've got bands to pay, but $400 for the week at BM was totally reasonable, in my opinion.

To be fair, I am going to Coachella and if it were just me, the cost to camp and see the shows is around $450 camping right next to the gate (ADA which it seems BMan doesn't acknowledge which makes sense considering the event). But I totally agree with you: $400 for a week at BMan is more than worth it. I actually think it is a plus too that there are not vendors around every corner trying to sell you something. As-far-as day-to-day expenses, even as a n00bie, I can see if I plan well, BMan won't cost me a ton for food and drink during the week.....
Coachella Wk2 04/19-04/21
Wakarusa 05/30-06/02
Bonnaroo 06/13-06/16
Dave Matthews Band 08/23-08/24
BurningMan 08/26-09/02
VooDoo 11/01-11/03
Bridge Benefit 10/???
canexplain

ADA at Burning Man

Postby Janet Planet » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:15 pm

Canexplain says:
(ADA which it seems BMan doesn't acknowledge which makes sense considering the event)

Burning Man is as disability-friendly as possible considering the environment it's held in.
There is a theme camp for people with disabilities if they choose to camp there, there are tours of deep playa on mutant vehicles for people with disabilities, there are special portapotties that are locked to everyone except people with disabilities.

A good search of the BM website and ePlaya will turn up a lot of information for burners with disabilities.

Radical inclusion, all the way!
Janet Planet

Postby canexplain » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:19 pm

Geez thanks. I have read this board more than any other board to prepare for the event so guess I just missed it. Along with that thought, I have never had to "study" for a show ever like this one b4 :) ......I just can't walk a long way so I am bringing a cruiser anyway. Sorry for the misinformation.
Wakarusa 05/30-06/02
Bonnaroo 06/13-06/16
BurningMan 08/26-09/02
VooDoo 11/01-11/03
Bridge Benefit 10/???
canexplain

Postby Janet Planet » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:20 pm

canexplain wrote:Geez thanks. I have read this board more than any other board to prepare for the event so guess I just missed it. Along with that thought, I have never had to "study" for a show ever like this one b4 :) ......I just can't walk a long way so I am bringing a cruiser anyway. Sorry for the misinformation.

It's not a show!
Go back and study some more.
Janet Planet

Postby Eric » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:43 pm

Janet Planet wrote:So, to make absolutely sure, before I put two into STEP,
Trilobyte, is there a possibility that my husbands credit card order may still be canceled? I don't want to throw the two extras into STEP and then have the two I need get canceled.

Janet - there is a link to Ticketing Support in my sig below. Contact them, they're the correct people to give you an accurate answer.
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

Regarding Ticket Scalpers and Scammers

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby Janet Planet » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:13 pm

Thank you Trilobyte!
Janet Planet

Postby International Incident » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:55 pm

Janet Planet wrote:Thank you Trilobyte!

Now Eric is being called Trilo... high praise?
International Incident

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: P6 - a Barbie Death Village production

Postby Sham » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:58 pm

That's craziness. We all know that Eric is not his real name! :lol:
Sham

Postby Elliot » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:07 pm

:D
"Trilobyte" has become a title, something like " Your All-Knowing Highness, Lord Moderator". :wink:
Elliot's Bicycle Service, Camel Saddlery and Beverage Salon 5 & G as before, probably.
Ali Elliot Fy Fasan, proprietor

Caravansary Black Rock 2014

ImageImageImage
Millicent The Bus; pedal-vehicles on Playa and in Kinetic Sculpture Races.
Elliot

Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Elliot’s Bicycle & Beverage Emporium

Re: ADA at Burning Man

Postby theCryptofishist » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:26 pm

Janet Planet wrote:Canexplain says:
(ADA which it seems BMan doesn't acknowledge which makes sense considering the event)

Burning Man is as disability-friendly as possible considering the environment it's held in.
There is a theme camp for people with disabilities if they choose to camp there...

I think that they had to cut way back on what they offered... Where did I see that anyway...
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby trilobyte » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:51 pm

Janet Planet - possibly, though the Individual Sale scrubbing and review process may be complete by the time that STEP opens.

canexplain - as Janet mentioned, it's arguable that the event is even more friendly to folks with disabilities than most. I'm not aware of any special designated parking/camping areas, but the overall site is equally accessible (it's all flat land). Handicapped accessibility will vary a lot from installation to installation (it's up to the artist). I want to say that there's a ridiculous abundance of things to see and do for people with disabilities, but I'm not disabled and couldn't really tell you that from firsthand experience (maybe other ePlayans could weigh in). You may want to take a look at this page with info for registering a vehicle for people with disabilities. Yep, Burning Man is probably the most work you'll ever do to prepare for a "festival" - but as you'll see, it's a different experience.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby theCryptofishist » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:55 pm

Slope may not be an access factor, but dust drifts are... Like driving through sand in some places. Anyplace you get off your bike to walk it is really hard on those who cannot get off their wheels.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

Postby canexplain » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:39 am

Sorry didn't mean to sound like I have no clue what is going on. I can make it fine but it is just is I have to walk for say a mile I just have to rest. I was just checking and not complaining. There are a number of events I go to that are "so easily accessible" there is really no need for ADA camping or the like. For Janet (my gf calls my ex gf Janet from another Planet haha). Sorry I didn't choose a more appropriate word. Could you help me out? Is is a week camping, a religious experience, my last chance at redemption? Like a lot of the vets have posted: It's what you want and things you may not even know you want. It can be heaven or hell or a bit of both. So to say it's a SHOW, to me it is. It's a small snippet of life and a variety of people. What better show is that? As a n00b, I try to follow the accepted thoughts or rules, but gal, to me it's one fucking great show. Just saying .... cr****
Wakarusa 05/30-06/02
Bonnaroo 06/13-06/16
BurningMan 08/26-09/02
VooDoo 11/01-11/03
Bridge Benefit 10/???
canexplain

Postby Ratty » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:59 am

And sayin it well. Most eplayans have something they care about. They can be passionate for food, drink, costumes, tents, lighting, no feathers, no kids pets or sparkle ponies, art work, art cars, what you 'call' TTITD or just about anything in the universe. Call it it whatever you like. For me it is a great show. I take part but it's a show just the same. See you at the 'Greeters' entrance.
Pictures or it didn't happen. Greycoyote
"I a recovering swagaholic. I have to resist my grabby nature" VultureChow
"Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on" Savannah
"I'm a motherfucking skeptic tank" SimonofthePlaya
Ratty

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Street Sign Replacement Camp

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:00 am

Well, if you walk a mile and you're near a camp, it's likely they'll offer you a place to sit. If you're on open playa, you can sit on the playa floor, or unfold a camp chair that you've been carrying. Unless you have a shooting stick. Then all bets are off.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

Postby BeachBum » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:31 pm

canexplain wrote: ... So to say it's a SHOW, to me it is. It's a small snippet of life and a variety of people. What better show is that? As a n00b, I try to follow the accepted thoughts or rules, but gal, to me it's one fucking great show. Just saying .... cr****

canexplain,

Congrats on getting tix and trying to figure out the event.

I like the old philosophy of the event, which helped it become what it is: "There are no spectators, only participants" Often yelled in all caps.

Half the fun is getting into it, and participating. A recommendation for you, if you need some ADA type help, is to get your hands on an electric assist trike that can make it through soft, rutted powder, and decorate the crap out of it. Make it awesome, both for daytime and lights for nighttime. Maybe add wings or other fanciful stuff, like a mini-MV. This can also be done for bikes, as well as trikes. The whole idea is to be part of the show! Not just a spectator proud of dong the festival circuit, that may engender disrespect.

It's legal there to have an "electric bicycle" up to ~1 HP (Google the NV def), which includes tricycles. This could substantially help you do the multiple miles most people travel each day, and people would respect you for making it awesome. Check the appropriate threads on these subjects for info.

Best wishes!
BeachBum

Postby Earthwalker » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:07 pm

Has anyone heard anything about how many of the 40K general sale tickets remain? I know me and everyone in my camp sat nervously for four hours trying to get through right when the sale opened, out of fear that we wouldn't get tix. We all managed to get them. Just curious if it was necessary to do that, or if there are still a good number out there.

Anyone seen a BM Sold Out announcement? Or would that only come after ALL sale sessions are final?

:P
Please forgive me...this cubicle has stolen portions of my mind and my soul
Earthwalker

Camp Name: Trifucta

PreviousNext

Return to 2013 Tickets Discussion