TWO BRITS LOOKING TO SHARE A RIDE TO BM

Materials, expertise and rides...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let folks know here.

TWO BRITS LOOKING TO SHARE A RIDE TO BM

Postby RAAB » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:08 am

Hey

Me and my buddy have made that first step and bought the tickets and set our sights on burning man. The Man will burn.
But we're way over in the UK and need to get out in the middle of the desert.

We plan to fly out to the US (any thoughts on which airport's?) and it would be great to share a ride out to Black Rock City.

We're also keen to get involved so any projects looking for volunteers, and to meet people from different places, then let me know

Look forward to hearing from people but I'll keep my eye's on the forum too

The Man will burn
RAAB

Burning Since: 2013

Re: TWO BRITS LOOKING TO SHARE A RIDE TO BM

Postby theCryptofishist » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:16 am

RAAB wrote:We plan to fly out to the US (any thoughts on which airport's?) and it would be great to share a ride out to Black Rock City.

We're also keen to get involved so any projects looking for volunteers, and to meet people from different places, then let me know

The easiest is to fly into Reno, rent a car, or a box truck, then drive the rest of the way. Catching rides can be complicated. When you count persons and their stuff, a regular 4-door takes 2 people in comfort, 3 in sardine style.
As for projects, you might want to sign up on Spark--Trilobyte will come along with more details--or look at the art and performance 2013 sub-forum and see if there's something that is appealing. Also, you might want to list your skill set.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby lucky420 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:27 am

Hola and hello...

and you might try reading the survival guide over at burningman.com it's chock full of info.

p.s. you can access that by hitting the Burning Man logo at the top of this page
Oh my god, it's HUGE!
lucky420

Burning Since: I'm not sure
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Postby RAAB » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:51 am

theCryptofishist wrote: The easiest is to fly into Reno, rent a car, or a box truck, then drive the rest of the way. Catching rides can be complicated. When you count persons and their stuff, a regular 4-door takes 2 people in comfort, 3 in sardine style.
As for projects, you might want to sign up on Spark--Trilobyte will come along with more details--or look at the art and performance 2013 sub-forum and see if there's something that is appealing. Also, you might want to list your skill set.

Thanks Cryptofishist

We need all the advice we can get. First year, long way to come, seems daunting... definitely going to be worth it
RAAB

Burning Since: 2013

Postby Dr. Pyro » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:33 pm

If you're over 25, the Avis/Budger dealership in downtown Sacramento is very burner-friendly. This far in advance you might be able to rent a van or minivan. PM me if interested and I will pass along who you need to talk to.
Dr. Pyro

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Return to 2013 Share Resources