Both my bank and the bank helpdesk operator I had on the phone while making the transaction disagree with that scenario. Every field I had entered initially were correct to the T - I then tested the variations to no avail (Like spelling "St", "St.", and "Saint" in Saint Louis, using dashes int he phone number, etc). I use that CC every day for nearly all purchases, pay it off monthly, and I know it works everywhere in my life with the exception of yesterday's transactions. It is a "business" card, and at retailers I am sometimes prompted for a PO# by the cashier - assuming this was the issue, I tried a different card that I use rarely, and the exact same error message occurred.
I don't need an explanation, I just hope others didn't have their ticket hopes dashed by the same scenario as it was very frustrating. I hope the details help your ticketing system develop going forward.
Much thanks for the reply, I'll consider the issue unexplained and not important to me (possibly important to others).
Going out tonight for pitchers, pizza, and trivia - and I expect my recent ticket will have me retelling playa-tales to a captive audience for hours. I'll make sure to exclaim "Here's one for Trilobyte", and provide no explanation to the table. CHEERS!