Coming from Chicago

Coming from Chicago

Postby bb27bb » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:45 pm

Hey hey!

My name is Brian. Although it's the first time for me and my friends we've been building toward this for a while. We were able to get tickets and have spent the rest of the day gathering information, making plans, scratching plans, forgetting information, remembering that story about that time the thing we were about to do fell through, bathroom breaks and more investigating. So, to be quite honest, we know nothing. We've read a lot and most of our questions have been answered. However, there's a basic newbie question that I can't find anywhere.

Question: When we get a campsite how much space is there? Are they set guidelines? I understand the concepts of villages and camps. But, if we have a group of people, is space determined per person? How much space can we utilize? Just trying to figure out a floorplan for setup and extras.

Thanks so much for taking the time to read my scribble.

You're the best.

B
I don't know you, but you're the best.
bb27bb

Burning Since: 2017

Re: Coming from Chicago

Postby lemur » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:06 am

you get as much as you want, you select any open spot.. if it seems like other people might be annoyed at you picking a spot..in a very congested area... ask around before getting too comfy..

there is no limit, just remember everyone has to share the same space..

you can go as big as you want.. within reason
Don't link to anything here!
lemur

Camp Name: Plug N Play Camp

Postby Savannah » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:15 am

bb27bb wrote:Hey hey!

My name is Brian. Although it's the first time for me and my friends we've been building toward this for a while. We were able to get tickets and have spent the rest of the day gathering information, making plans, scratching plans, forgetting information, remembering that story about that time the thing we were about to do fell through, bathroom breaks and more investigating. So, to be quite honest, we know nothing. We've read a lot and most of our questions have been answered. However, there's a basic newbie question that I can't find anywhere.

Question: When we get a campsite how much space is there?

Lots, but don't be wedded to a spot before you get there unless you have registered as a theme camp.

Are they set guidelines? I understand the concepts of villages and camps. But, if we have a group of people, is space determined per person?

No, not in so many words. There is no precise equation, unless you are an experienced camp head with preferences; some of them have reserved space and do allot a certain amount in their heads per person, but it's not official across the city.

How much space can we utilize?

As much as you genuinely need and can cover without bull@#$%. But don't hog a bunch of space you can't fill or defend, and don't camp in Theme Camp areas. Look at the map in June or July when published. Then pick up a map at Greeter's, too. And talk to your neighbors before you start pounding stakes.

Just trying to figure out a floorplan for setup and extras.

Thanks so much for taking the time to read my scribble.

You're the best.

I'm fair-to-middling.

Welcome to the board!
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby bb27bb » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:20 am

thanks!

that seemed to be my general understanding. waste not, want not and be respectful of the makeshift neighborhood. appreciate your quick responses as all the wheels turning in my head are going in different directions without any guidance. really, I can't wait and am looking forward to, well, everything.

Best!

B
I don't know you, but you're the best.
bb27bb

Burning Since: 2017

Return to Introduce Yourself!