"failed to match with our merchant bank"

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

"failed to match with our merchant bank"

Postby Solito » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:55 pm

I got tix - yay! Thanks for being awesome.

Good News aside, I got them because my playamate managed to survive the q and finalize the transaction. I was not so fortunate, and completed the q two full times and got the same dead end both times:

The message below occurred after entering my CC info, filling in the Billing addy, ticking the Agreement, hitting the button.

"Your address information failed to match with our merchant bank. Your card has been authorized but we will not capture the funds. Please try another card to complete your order or call your credit provider to verify billing information."

BM-blues.gif
failed to match with our merchant bank

I tried varying several things to no avail, and had my credit co helpdesk online while submitting the form, she could see each transaction as I did them, and confirmed they were all being cleared, but as taking only $1.01 each time. I made about 12 attempts before my 15m expired around 2:45p PST. I then survived the Q agaian at roughly 4:30p PST - During this session I tried the same CC a few more times, and I used a different credit card, again to no avail. I hope nobody else has had this happen to them.

The Man, in the end, granted me clemency for my toils and I shall be amoung the dusty later this year...

Much Love,
Solito.
-Solito

Me encontrare abajo del sol, y solito pues. Hasta cuando me llego a casa - solito no mas, y sin querer.
Solito

Re: "failed to match with our merchant bank"

Postby trilobyte » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:06 pm

Contact your bank immediately - what it means is that the information you submitted does not match what the bank has on file.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby Solito » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:08 am

Both my bank and the bank helpdesk operator I had on the phone while making the transaction disagree with that scenario. Every field I had entered initially were correct to the T - I then tested the variations to no avail (Like spelling "St", "St.", and "Saint" in Saint Louis, using dashes int he phone number, etc). I use that CC every day for nearly all purchases, pay it off monthly, and I know it works everywhere in my life with the exception of yesterday's transactions. It is a "business" card, and at retailers I am sometimes prompted for a PO# by the cashier - assuming this was the issue, I tried a different card that I use rarely, and the exact same error message occurred.

I don't need an explanation, I just hope others didn't have their ticket hopes dashed by the same scenario as it was very frustrating. I hope the details help your ticketing system develop going forward.

Much thanks for the reply, I'll consider the issue unexplained and not important to me (possibly important to others).

Going out tonight for pitchers, pizza, and trivia - and I expect my recent ticket will have me retelling playa-tales to a captive audience for hours. I'll make sure to exclaim "Here's one for Trilobyte", and provide no explanation to the table. CHEERS! :D

-Solito
-Solito

Me encontrare abajo del sol, y solito pues. Hasta cuando me llego a casa - solito no mas, y sin querer.
Solito

Postby Sandstorm » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:37 am

Solito: This may not be applicable to your situation but I thought that I'd make this post in order to potentially help out any other folks who might run into the problem you spoke about in your initial post in this thread.

In the past I have run into the same error that you had yesterday when trying to buy your BM tickets. In my case the issue was the address that was associated with my VISA debit card itself, not the address associated with the mailing/billing address that my bank had for my checking account. Although my bank card was "branded" by my bank they were not the company that actually issued the card. When I signed up for my checking account I was at one address but later moved to another. Although I updated my mailing address with my bank that info did not end up with the company that issued my debit card. Last year when I went to buy my BM tickets I ran into the same error that you did and got around it by putting in my old mailing address and that did the trick. at that time I was still able to receive mail at my old abode, so there was no issue with me being able to receive my physical tickets when BM mailed them to me. After I bought those tickets I went to my bank and told them about my error and the bank rep who was helping me contacted the company that issued the card and after that I never again ran into the error that you had.
Sandstorm

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: TBD

Postby trilobyte » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:04 pm

Solito - it doesn't make a difference whether you agree or not, that message is a result of the error code coming from your financial institution. If your bank has no issues with the address info you provided and there won't be any problems on your bank's end, you'll be fine.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby Humin » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:12 pm

I had the same problem and ended up without tickets. I'm not too worried, there should be plenty of tickets floating around before STEP
Humin

Burning Since: 2013

Postby dragonpilot » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:30 pm

Humin wrote:I had the same problem and ended up without tickets. I'm not too worried, there should be plenty of tickets floating around before STEP

+1...keep makin' your plans...plenty of tickets will surface as folks with tickets realize they can't go.
Don't bore your friends with all your troubles. Tell your enemies instead, for they will delight in hearing about them.
dragonpilot

Burning Since: 2005

Return to 2013 Tickets Discussion