The Individual Sale has started!

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Re: The Individual Sale has started!

Postby LXStylz » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:14 pm

Suzylove wrote:Connection error!!! Does anyone know how long it took to sell out last year?

Their was a completely different process last year, but they were avaliable until around a month before the burn, their is also a last chance sale.

With that in mind, I finally got mine, waited 12:10 to 2:48, but can't wait because I can finally take my girlfriend to her first Burning Man! #BikePoweredGenerator!
LXStylz

Burning Since: 2011

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:14 pm

Suzylove wrote:Connection error!!! Does anyone know how long it took to sell out last year?

It was a different system last year. An absolutely not comparable system.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby mini_wheat » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:15 pm

Need to pee.

How long did the system give to purchase once the purchase screen came up?
Dancing is the perpendicular re-enactment of the horizontal desire.
mini_wheat

Burning Since: 2010

Postby pdxter » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:17 pm

I've been in queue for over three hours, and I keep getting the 502 Bad Gateway Response Error, and then when I refresh it takes me to the page where I have to enter the access code again, and apparently am getting sent to the end of the line. This has happened six times in the last three hours. Any advice/input?
pdxter

Postby DancesWithElves » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:17 pm

The access code screen sat on my desk for at least five minutes (I was in a meeting) before I responded. Once the purchase page came up I went right through it, to scared to let it time out! :wink:
She who must be obeyed
DancesWithElves

Burning Since: 2001

Postby Ano » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:18 pm

Reposting since it's at the bottom of the last page.

Just got through queue - "At this time Burning Man Tickets does not have any tickets available for purchase for this event. Note: This does not mean this event is sold out. Contact the venue to purchase tickets." on the page.

It's done, or something is FUBAR'd. I've been kicked at processing payment thrice, so, who knows.

Sigh... well, still many chances for tickets.
Ano

Camp Name: ???

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:21 pm

mini_wheat wrote:Need to pee.

How long did the system give to purchase once the purchase screen came up?

from what people ahve been saying 15 minutes
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Postby OUtback UFO » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:23 pm

pdxter wrote:I've been in queue for over three hours, and I keep getting the 502 Bad Gateway Response Error, and then when I refresh it takes me to the page where I have to enter the access code again, and apparently am getting sent to the end of the line. This has happened six times in the last three hours. Any advice/input?

With you on this one... i just get an error and have to reput in the code.
From out of a dream I rode to beyond the Horizon. Got Adventure? The Zen Gear One Meteior Crater surrounded by a lot of roos, emus, Yowies, drop bears and one major flood in the driest desert on Earth... There still was a bottle of red with dinner.
OUtback UFO

Burning Since: 2012

Postby Canoe » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:23 pm

Ano wrote:..."At this time Burning Man Tickets does not have any tickets available for purchase for this event...

Great.
Over three hours stuck at "Please stand by..." while other entering their Unique Access Code well after me process through.
Plus the examples of it not being first-in-first-served.

This isn't rocket science. There are documented methods of testing processes.
Wonder what the excuses for not operating in the current century will be this year.
*** http://www.burningman.com/preparation/ ***
... but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.
“Dear subscriber, you are registered as a participant in a mass disturbance.”
Canoe

Postby Krokodyle » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:23 pm

Yep. 3 hours 15 minutes and I finally got through. Sold out. Lame.
I can't help it, I'm a born lever-puller.
Krokodyle

Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: (Endorphin) Orphans Too

Postby BeachBum » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:24 pm

Got in at 12:00:53, got ticket right about 2:00.

Beside the expected turn on cookies and make sure Javascript is on, I found out I also needed to turn off the Firefox "Warn me when websites try to redirect or reload the page", and I also turned off the Winblows Local Area Connection Status - Properties - "Notify me when this connection has limited or no connectivity" just to prevent any potential probs. That probably didn't matter though.

After about 40 mins, the AWS load balancing (or whatever) settled in and the wait page refreshed within a second or two then instead of up to a minute. When the purchase page happened, there was immediately a connection reset, I just clicked through the Firefox error message and the page immediately loaded. No biggies. I guessed correctly on the "Are you human" that it was a skinny 0 rather than a fat O. The confirmation email came immediately after the purchase. I would recommend that "burningman@inticketing.com" be added to your contacts list to make sure it doesn't go to spam. The confirmation email was just standard ESMTP, not DomainKeys/DKIM authentication, no hangups.

Right then, I got a package for expanding an art project for this year. All I need now is a camp and to be able to go. One step at a time ;-)

Good luck to everyone!
BeachBum

Postby billybwilde » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:24 pm

ARGGGG

First got the "Your session has expired. Please try again." error.

Waited patiently in queue for 3 more hours.

Finally let me back in, and now "At this time Burning Man Tickets does not have any tickets available for purchase for this event. Note: This does not mean this event is sold out. Contact the venue to purchase tickets.".
billybwilde

Postby Suzylove » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:25 pm

wtf? sold out, i've been waiting since 12!!!
'I have been one acquainted with the night.'' Robert Frost
Suzylove

Postby lollergirl » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:26 pm

Ano wrote:Oh, I just got in!

"At this time Burning Man Tickets does not have any tickets available for purchase for this event. Note: This does not mean this event is sold out. Contact the venue to purchase tickets."

Nevermind...

Three hours, thirteen minutes, start to finish. Good show all, I'll see you in STEP, craigslist, OMG sale, and Beyond.

apparently, this, too, is a glitch. try logging back in.
lollergirl

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: PolyParadise

Postby debudodley » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:27 pm

Krokodyle wrote:Yep. 3 hours 15 minutes and I finally got through. Sold out. Lame.

krokodyle, they're not sold out. The BM facebook page posted 6 minutes ago saying there are tickets still available.

Hang in there!
debudodley

Postby digitalfuckboy » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:29 pm

I, too, got the three hour wait that ended in "sold out."

I thought this was an error and logged back in.

Still in the queue...here's hoping "sold out" page was an error, and that tens of thousands of transactions take longer than three hours.

Kudos to BurningMan for doing their best and putting up with our ire...people just don't know how hard it is to put shit like this together.

But, to live up to my name, I have to say to all of you who are suggesting--even in the most sideways fashion--that Ticketmaster would be a better option, please submit your address to the Department of Homeland Security, so that they will know who to start testing their in-country drone strikes on. Srsly.

If you haven't been there, here's what it looked like!

glad to hear that in the time it took to write this, everyone already found out.
Attachments
burningticketfail.jpg
do not destroy what we have created; only what we have created to destroy
digitalfuckboy

Burning Since: 2007

Postby Ano » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:30 pm

This sale tugs at my heart strings too much.

12:00:19 original timestamp. Sale page pops up around 12:30. Go through, it times out on process. Hop back in around 12:35. Goes through at 1:00, times out at process. Hop back in around 1:08, goes through, times out at processing. Hop back in around 1:30, hang around, get through, to a pretend-sellout-page?

Come now... there has to be a better way. I've had a few heart attacks... and it sucks entering in my CC info for, apparently, no reason, other than a timeout.

Just venting.
Ano

Camp Name: ???

Postby Krokodyle » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:30 pm

debudodley wrote:
Krokodyle wrote:Yep. 3 hours 15 minutes and I finally got through. Sold out. Lame.

krokodyle, they're not sold out. The BM facebook page posted 6 minutes ago saying there are tickets still available.

Hang in there!

That's what the BM event page says once I got through. So now I've had to start from scratch, put the code back in, and back to waiting. Though I would imagine I lost my place, since my place went through and got the "sold out page".
Krokodyle

Postby VultureChow » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:31 pm

The thing I find interesting about the whole queue issue is that once you submit your unique code, your place in the queue should be set. At that point there should be no rush to purchase.

Send an email with your number in the queue and a time window when you can log in and purchase. No rush, no fuss, no browser issues and refreshing. The first 20,000 have 24 hours to purchase. After that an email goes out when you're allowed in. You have 24 hours to buy your ticket.
Send lawyers, guns and money - The shit has hit the fan.
VultureChow

Camp Name: Cougar Camp @ Barbie Death Village

Postby billybwilde » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:34 pm

ARGGGG

First got the "Your session has expired. Please try again." error.

Waited patiently in queue for 3 more hours.

Finally let me back in, and now "At this time Burning Man Tickets does not have any tickets available for purchase for this event. Note: This does not mean this event is sold out. Contact the venue to purchase tickets.".

That finally went back to normal page, and now "The ticket type you requested for is no longer on sale."
billybwilde

Postby Krokodyle » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:35 pm

VultureChow wrote:The thing I find interesting about the whole queue issue is that once you submit your unique code, your place in the queue should be set. At that point there should be no rush to purchase.

Send an email with your number in the queue and a time window when you can log in and purchase. No rush, no fuss, no browser issues and refreshing. The first 20,000 have 24 hours to purchase. After that an email goes out when you're allowed in. You have 24 hours to buy your ticket.

**bows down before VC idea...at least the first part...sensible to me!**

Thanks for the words of encouragement, everyone. Crossing my fingers that I wasn't sent to the back of the line.
Last edited by Krokodyle on Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Krokodyle

Postby PaulM » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:35 pm

A-RockLeFrench wrote:Finally got mine! Signed in at 12:00:25, While Mother in law who signed on at the same time is still waiting. My two roommates each signed on at 12:13 (don't have the exact timestamp). One of them bought tickets 20 minutes ago, the other is still waiting...

Clearly not a first come first served distribution. I don't think that patience has anything to do with it either.

Agree, appears to not be first come first served. Seen testimonies of individuals who signed in later than I first did (12:00:46) who have bought tickets already. Still waiting at 3:29:34. Had to refresh web page and re-enter my access code once at 12:38 after my web page hadn't updated the time for three minutes.
PaulM

Burning Since: 2002

Postby trilobyte » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:42 pm

That "does not have any tickets available" message is in error. The ticket team has been working with the ticketing vendor to resolve it. As I get more info, I'll relay it.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby Frizzboom » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:43 pm

seems when you have to re enter your code you start over. also time outs seem to throw you back. Notes on other sources say that the "sold out" problem is being fixed there are still tickets available.
What does not kill me makes for great campfire stories.
Be Good,
Frizzboom Dinkdoodle
Frizzboom

Camp Name: Suggestions?

Postby Boijoy » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:44 pm

whoot!! 3 hours 35 minutes & have my ticket! see you beotches in the dust ! :D
don't forget to floss
Boijoy

Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Metro Mart

Postby chucktwo » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:48 pm

From Twitter:

Burning Man Tickets‏@BManTickets

Tickets are still available in the Individual Sale! If you got a message saying it's sold out, wait 15 minutes and refresh the page.
"What delights us expands us and loosens the living spark buried under our studied complacency"
chucktwo

Postby 9ah » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:49 pm

I'm not saying that Americans are horrible at reading comprehension, but I am saying that the 'error page' that folks are seeing that says tickets are not available should know to NOT interpret that as SOLD OUT... Especially when the second sentence explicitly states that this does NOT mean that the event is SOLD OUT...

Go to a bar, grab a drink... It'll be okay and you will get your tickets.... I'm certain that it's probably fine.
Illuminate. Navigate. Celebrate.
What would you do if you knew you couldn't fail?
9ah

Camp Name: Lamplighters

Postby Martiansky » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:50 pm

Frizzboom wrote:seems when you have to re enter your code you start over. also time outs seem to throw you back. Notes on other sources say that the "sold out" problem is being fixed there are still tickets available.

So, Ive had to refresh and reenter my passcode 7 times so everytime it moved me back in the line?
Well hellfire.....!!!
So the theme this year is like a giant camp out in the desert? With people bringing lots of shit from all over? uh.. -Marscrumbs
Martiansky

Burning Since: 2005

Postby 9ah » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:56 pm

Martiansky wrote:
Frizzboom wrote:seems when you have to re enter your code you start over. also time outs seem to throw you back. Notes on other sources say that the "sold out" problem is being fixed there are still tickets available.

So, Ive had to refresh and reenter my passcode 7 times so everytime it moved me back in the line?
Well hellfire.....!!!

Ermahgerd... You may have to by tickets for $380 instead of $380 now... It'll be fine... Probably. :coffee:
Illuminate. Navigate. Celebrate.
What would you do if you knew you couldn't fail?
9ah

Camp Name: Lamplighters

Postby PaulM » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:56 pm

Whew! After 3 hours and 43 minutes I was finally prompted to enter my access code again and taken to the purchase page. I originally entered the queue with time stamp of 12:00:46. At 12:38 I refreshed my webpage after the time stamp was not updated for a few minutes. I was taken back to the page where I entered my access code again. I don't know if that sent me to the back of the line, but at least I finally got the chance to purchase two tickets. Have received confirmation email as well!

See y'all on the playa!
PaulM

Burning Since: 2002

PreviousNext

Return to 2013 Tickets Discussion