Internet Explorer queue problem?

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Internet Explorer queue problem?

Postby Enderfish » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:10 pm

I got in the queue at 12:00:35 and after 4 connection errors (requiring refresh etc) I finally got through and purchased my ticket at about 1:30 pm. My question is about my sister who also got in the queue at around 12:01 but has still not gotten tickets by now about 3pm. I saw examples of people getting in queue later than me and getting tickets far earlier so I know the first come first serve isn't working exactly right, but it made me wonder if something else was going on with my sister's queue.

I was using Chrome but she was using Internet Explorer. I remembered that IE wasn't mentioned in the preferred browser page and I was wondering if perhaps that was because of how IE handles cookies? She had cookies enabled, but then I remembered IE has this weird hierarchy of privacy settings regarding cookies and hers was set to "medium" which made me think it might have actually been blocking the cookie that would keep her place in line.

So in essence every time her page timed out or needed refresh like mine did, when she refreshed she didn't go back to her previous place in line but instead started over as if she didn't have cookies enabled at all. Is that a possibility with IE? And perhaps is that why it wasn't recommended? I've already changed the settings from medium to the lowest privacy option but I wanted to check whether I'd need to restart IE for the new more lax privacy settings to be enabled or if I could still stay on the queue page?

I just wanted to see if anyone had any knowledge or ideas about this, and also put a warning out there in case this is affecting others who are using IE and have been waiting a lot longer than they expected (given their initial queue time) and have been using IE.

Thanks!
Alexandra
Why do people with closed minds always have open mouths?
Enderfish

Burning Since: 2010

Re: Internet Explorer queue problem?

Postby missprism » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:19 pm

i used IE at work and had no problems.
missprism

Burning Since: 2013

Postby trilobyte » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:19 pm

Nope, it's not a browser-specific issue, it's a high demand event on-sale issue. The servers (of which there are many) are processing orders - lots of them - just having a hard time coping with the excessive amounts of traffic. This is compounded by some people jamming the queue further by having multiple browser windows open or other nonsense.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby lucky420 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:54 pm

Co-worker was using IE got in queu at 12:40. Had to refresh a few times. Last refresh was at 1:15,purchased ticket at 4:15.

Hang in there
Oh my god, it's HUGE!
lucky420

Burning Since: I'm not sure
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Return to 2013 Tickets Discussion