Ready for Main Sale!!!

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Re: Ready for Main Sale!!!

Postby clocksnmirrors » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:22 pm

SUCCESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

see ya in tha dust BITCHESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee heee heee heeeee! *burp*
clocksnmirrors

Burning Since: 2012

Postby Ano » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:24 pm

I think I have a record, because that's my third error message upon hitting "process payment."

Back in line I go!
Ano

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: ???

Postby Frostbite » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:24 pm

melodiousdirge wrote:
melodiousdirge wrote:
Your passcode is not registered.

You have reached our limit for trying. Please contact customer support for more information.

^^ That's all I'm getting now. What the hairy fuck?

...and now my GF is getting the same message so I guess plan B of her buying me a ticket is out the window too. Once again I say what the hairy fucking fuck?

This is what I am getting as well. Glad I am not the only one.
Frostbite

Postby illy dilly » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:26 pm

You have reached our limit for trying. Please contact customer support for more information.

JaRail wrote:
melodiousdirge wrote:
melodiousdirge wrote:
^^ That's all I'm getting now. What the hairy fuck?

...and now my GF is getting the same message so I guess plan B of her buying me a ticket is out the window too. Once again I say what the hairy fucking fuck?

Of the ten or so people I know who were ready to go at 12, I'm the only one who has made it through. I'm lucky and had my email confirmations by 12:03.. But even so, I'm stressing out because I'm running tech support for everyone in my crew. My fb feed is filled with tons of technical people who are having tons of issues.

If the "retry until you get through" strategy starts failing.. wow, that's a major fuck up on a whole new level.

HOLY FUCK melodiousdirge!
I'd print screen the error right now, and email ticket support immediately!!!!
ticketsupport@burningman.com <ticketsupport@burningman.com
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave
illy dilly

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Postby melodiousdirge » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:30 pm

If you get this message, switch browsers or devices. I think it has to do with a cookie or something counting the times you refresh. I switched browsers and I'm back in queue, though I don't know if I kept my place. At least I'm in the running still.
Last edited by melodiousdirge on Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
More ideas than time.
melodiousdirge

Camp Name: Bakka Sevin: 30

Postby Ruleryak » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:30 pm

[edit] Argh. I always do this - get pissed off and take it out on Trilo.

I get you're just trying to help so I'm removing my rant.
Last edited by Ruleryak on Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 13 - 14 Soon!
Ruleryak

Postby gus » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:32 pm

Do you guys think I should refresh? I've been sitting without any timeouts for over 30 minutes now.
gus

Burning Since: 2013

Postby VampireKitten » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:35 pm

gus wrote:Do you guys think I should refresh? I've been sitting without any timeouts for over 30 minutes now.

I wouldn't, it's refreshing... I'm in the same boat right now.
VampireKitten

Burning Since: 2012

Postby trilobyte » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:37 pm

Don't refresh. The server queues are packed (those first people who got in and out in minutes had the advantage of nobody ahead of them), it will take some time to get through.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby JaRail » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:38 pm

VampireKitten wrote:
gus wrote:Do you guys think I should refresh? I've been sitting without any timeouts for over 30 minutes now.

I wouldn't, it's refreshing... I'm in the same boat right now.

As long as the timestamp shown is updating, you're okay. If your timestamp is 30 mins old, it's broken and you should probably refresh!
JaRail

Postby Ruleryak » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:38 pm

Under the progress bar it says the time that the page last refreshed itself. If that hasn't changed in 30 minutes, yes refresh. If the time that shows is within the last minute or so, do not do refresh because it's still working.

Anyone with any initial timestamp of 12:01 have a ticket yet?
Ruleryak

Postby sharpstick » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:39 pm

trilobyte wrote:The servers have not crashed, they are just struggling to keep up with the traffic demands. Every ticket seller has these kinds of issues when high demand events go on sale, unfortunately. . . .

i got in the queue for the first time within the first minute after noon, since then, i've gotten "504 Gateway Time-out" or "service not available" 20 or 30 times when i tried to get back in. i've actually been in the queue about 5 times. using chrome and firefox with no appreciable difference.
you'd think that after this happening year after year, they would try something else. maybe last names starting with A thru D on monday . . .
btw, if you're in the queue, watch the time stamp. it should update every minute or so. that will let you know if your window is still active.
sharpstick

Postby 9ah » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:41 pm

trilobyte wrote:Don't refresh. The server queues are packed (those first people who got in and out in minutes had the advantage of nobody ahead of them), it will take some time to get through.

Can you repeat this once an hour for the next eight to 10 hours as I think people don't understand that? Other event tickets are sold out in seconds because they get overrun by bots/scalpers that then resell those tix on 3rd party sights.

:coffee:
Illuminate. Navigate. Celebrate.
What would you do if you knew you couldn't fail?
9ah

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: Lamplighters

Postby Ano » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:42 pm

I was in the 12:00:19 group, got through once, 404'd, got back in line, through, error processing, and now I'm back in (For a second time) so I think my timestamp is somewhere around 1:10 to start. I'll post here if I end up getting through.
Ano

Postby LisaChocoholic » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:43 pm

So this is my 1st time with the online ticket sales. I got on at 12:02 and am still waiting. I got the 'webpage not found' thing and hit the Reload link in it, which is not the same as refreshing the browser. I've had to hit reload about 7 times so far.

I'm somewhat reassured seeing other messages here that people are still waiting, but am curious...

What were the wait times like last year?
LisaChocoholic

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: none

Postby Ano » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:45 pm

Wait times didn't exist, due to lottery.

2011 was worse, all things considered. In order to get through to the page, you had to hit the back button and refresh button randomly and hope it went through because everything crashed over and over again.

All things considered, we've had maybe twenty crashes, between credit processing, and the queue. That's actually not bad... kind of.
Ano

Postby howstricks » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:46 pm

No wait times last year, was a random lottery. Years before it was first come first serve with lots of server crashing in the first 24 hrs to get the low price tiers. After the first day or two everything calmed down and went on until the burn started (except for 2011 when it sold out a month or two before)
howstricks

Postby burner von braun » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:48 pm

After timing out and having to re-enter my pass code on 4 or 5 occasions, I made it in, only a few moments after re-entering the code, so maybe the queue is still intact, at least in some cases. Good luck folks.. see ya in the dust!
Another early attempt at success
burner von braun

Burning Since: 2010

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:48 pm

Ruleryak wrote:

Under the progress bar it says the time that the page last refreshed itself. If that hasn't changed in 30 minutes, yes refresh. If the time that shows is within the last minute or so, do not do refresh because it's still working.

don't. That's how I got in the mushpot of "Your passcode is not registered".
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Postby gus » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:52 pm

Cool. Thanks all. My only worry now is that my mobile hotspot dies!
gus

Postby Ruleryak » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:56 pm

At least this time around I can't be told "volunteer if you don't like it". A year ago now I volunteered my services, the services of a datacenter that handles traffic spikes from things like Oprah mentions (millions of people at once - Millions), the services of a sales platform that can absolutely handle load of this level and everything else necessary. The response I got? Several requests to consider moving to San Fran and being an unpaid intern in the admin department. Great use of resources there.
Ruleryak

Postby bb27bb » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:57 pm

Hey all,

I've been following this thread for the past hour with the same worries and concerns. Finally asked me to reenter my passcode again and this time it redirected me to the purchase page where I was able to go through the purchase process easily.
I don't know you, but you're the best.
bb27bb

Postby trilobyte » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:00 pm

Ruleryak - visits to Oprah's site and processing ticketing transactions are actually different things. That, or the whole of the ticketing industry has yet to see someone of your technical expertise - even the LiveNations and Ticketmasters of the world run into sever troubles when high demand events go on sale.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby Ruleryak » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:00 pm

bb27bb wrote:Hey all,

I've been following this thread for the past hour with the same worries and concerns. Finally asked me to reenter my passcode again and this time it redirected me to the purchase page where I was able to go through the purchase process easily.

Were you in line for a ticket at noon or just an hour ago?
Ruleryak

Postby Ruleryak » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:03 pm

trilobyte wrote:Ruleryak - visits to Oprah's site and processing ticketing transactions are actually different things. That, or the whole of the ticketing industry has yet to see someone of your technical expertise - even the LiveNations and Ticketmasters of the world run into sever troubles when high demand events go on sale.

Trilo, I'm the sysadmin for an ecommerce hosting company - I'm saying that when a TV Show like Oprah mentions a website (not her website, a site we host) and 2 million people come to the site in a 20 minute period and all buy the product she mentioned, our datacenter and the software we support handles it, doesn't oversell and doesn't make people wait until the previous transaction is complete before they can purchase.

As for your claim that Ticketmaster can't handle selling 40,000 tickets without crashing - flat out bullshit. Prove it.
Ruleryak

Postby gus » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:04 pm

Ruleryak wrote:
bb27bb wrote:Hey all,

Were you in line for a ticket at noon or just an hour ago?

^Holy cow it's 2 already?! Oh man, haha.
gus

Postby mini_wheat » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:04 pm

melodiousdirge wrote:Your passcode is not registered.

If you get this message, switch browsers or devices. I think it has to do with a cookie or something counting the times you refresh. I switched browsers and I'm back in queue, though I don't know if I kept my place. At least I'm in the running still.

This got me back in the queue.

If you get this message SWITCH BROWSERS.
Dancing is the perpendicular re-enactment of the horizontal desire.
mini_wheat

Burning Since: 2010

Postby LisaChocoholic » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:05 pm

Thanks, ano and howstricks. I knew that, but forgot. Sitting and staring at the screen has rendered me brain-dead.
I don't think the queue is taking people in order based on the posts I'm reading.

A huge piece of chocolate cake has magically appeared in front of me, so I'm feeling a little better.
LisaChocoholic

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: none

Postby Chowski » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:05 pm

So this is what my screen looked like when I originally signed on at 12:00:17. Yes, that's right. 17 seconds after the sale began. Hours later, crash after crash. No ticket, no movement. Screw this. Next year, I'm going to pretend that 'm soneome important so that I get my tickets in advance from the front office because let's be honest - Radical Inclusion is important, but making sure your friends get tickets before everyone else is more important. I guess some people are just more radically includable than others.
Attachments
photo.jpg
photo.jpg (36.61 KiB) Viewed 494 times
Chowski

Burning Since: 2009

Postby Ruleryak » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:07 pm

Re: ticketmaster - The Bruce Springsteen and Rolling Stones issues (from years ago) were unique in that thousands of times more people wanted tickets than were available. At best Burning Man's 40,000 ticket sale is attracting 100,000 purchase attempts - not tens of millions like those two very specific events.
Ruleryak

PreviousNext

Return to 2013 Tickets Discussion