Did anyone get this error message after purchase screen?

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Did anyone get this error message after purchase screen?

Postby shiny_sparkles » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:43 pm

Hi all,

Apologies if this has been covered in one of the other ticket threads.

Amazingly managed to get through to the purchase screen at 12pm on the dot. Filled out all the details and pressed process, only to get this message:

"Due to a possible error in processing, your order may not have completed. If you do not receive a confirmation email within the next 30 minutes, please try your order again. You can also visit us at http://tickets2.burningman.com/confirm and confirm your order by typing in the email address used at the time of purchase. If you do have an order, we will then resend your confirmation email"

30 minutes later and still no sign of an email. I've tried confirming using the link and it says there are no transactions linked to my email address. Does this mean I don't have the tickets, sniff sniff? Or did anyone else get this message, only to get their ticket confirmation later on?

Any ideas why it wouldn't have processed? I'm pretty sure I typed in all my details correctly (I double checked, honest)!

Is there any point attempting to re-join the queue now - I fear it might be a little too late now.

Questions, questions!
Thanking you in advance for any answers.
Congratulations to all those with ticket confirmations safely in hand.
shiny_sparkles

Re: Did anyone get this error message after purchase screen?

Postby trilobyte » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:50 pm

Based on what you've posted, it sounds as if the order did not complete. Check your credit card activity and see if a transaction took place, if not get back in there.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby shiny_sparkles » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:53 pm

Thanks Trilo - have just got back in line again. Here's hoping!
shiny_sparkles

Postby mdmf007 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:02 pm

I got booted a couple of times, but went smooth after it caught on.
One of the Meanie Greenies (Figjam 2013)
mdmf007

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: ESD

Postby big baby jesus » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:13 pm

I had a similar experience, got all the way to the purchase page, filled in my info and CC, checked the accept terms box and made my purchase. My screen never loaded, after about five minutes I hit refresh and the page loaded just as i left it, but the process order button at the botom wouldn't work. I could never complete the order. Back in the queue, but not hopeful.
Merci, Cedric. Remind me, we'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.
big baby jesus

Postby vaktel » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:30 pm

I got in line at 12:00:11 and was through in ten minutes. I tried to buy two tickets, one for me, one for my partner who couldn't get work off. So that came to about $780. I got that error message because I didn't even THINK about calling my credit card company to give them a heads up on this big purchase... and so they stopped the transaction from going through because they thought it was online fraud.

CALL YOUR CARD COMPANY!! Make sure they lift restrictions for the day and post a note to your account explaining the transaction that will be coming up! I wish I had thought of this, cuz now I'm in line again... Oh well, the blue bar is sorta mesmerizing in a way.
vaktel

Postby shiny_sparkles » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:38 pm

Ditto. I've been back in line for almost and hour, but trying to remain positive - I'm sure we'll get tickets somehow. Step worked for me last year - it was great!

I don't actually have any restrictions on my card, so I don't think that's it in my case - but thanks for the heads up.

Trilo (or any other mods out there) - any ideas why the transaction might not have gone through? If I manage to get through to the purchase screen again (here's hoping) I want to make sure it works this time!

I was thinking maybe it's because I used a debit card rather than credit card. Could that be it? I have noticed the FAQs only make reference to credit cards but I've never had problems using my debit card in place of a credit card before, so I did just assume it would be the same for this open sale.

Thanks again to anyone who can shed some light on this for me - hugely appreciated!
shiny_sparkles

Postby trilobyte » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:52 pm

Ouch, vaktel, sorry to hear it! Most debit cards do have daily spending limits in place (so even if you had $20,000 sitting in your checking account it would deny a $780 charge). Hopefully you're able to get it resolved and get back through successfully.

shiny_sparkles - same issue as vaktel above, I'm guessing. Most debit cards have a daily spending limit, unless you contact your bank's customer service department to get an exception approval set up, your bank would not approve the purchase.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby shiny_sparkles » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:10 pm

Thanks Trilo. Maybe that was it then. It's too late (here in the UK) to call my bank now to check. Mmm - that's taught me, at least I'll know for next time!
Good luck to all those who've had purchase page problems!
Thanks again for the replies.
shiny_sparkles

Postby trilobyte » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:17 pm

Unless it's a small institution, try calling anyways. Many have 24 hour customer service call centers. When my girlfriend and I were traveling to the UK a couple years ago we had similar issues with a couple purchases, and fortunately our bank was able to get us taken care of. Fingers crossed for you!
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby vaktel » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:45 pm

And after round two, tickets are secured!! Good excuse to browse the web for a few hours while eating all the valentine's day chocolate in sight.... Time to stretch my sore legs!
vaktel

Postby trilobyte » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:30 pm

Excellent news, congrats!
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby Gin889 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:42 pm

Did you get a $1.01 charge on your card? I did but still received the error message. I think I'm still good. I found this thread from last year though... viewtopic.php?f=290&t=53680&p=921876#p921876
Gin889

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Camp as fuck

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:55 pm

Yeah, based on last year, the single cent was a good sign.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby trilobyte » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:57 pm

The 1.01 is just a pre-auth. It's possible that went through, but your ticket purchase was declined by your bank if no other charges appear. Check with your financial institution to see if the actual purchase was charged, and to make sure your daily spending limit is high enough to cover the purchase of tickets.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby Gin889 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:13 pm

trilobyte wrote:The 1.01 is just a pre-auth. It's possible that went through, but your ticket purchase was declined by your bank if no other charges appear. Check with your financial institution to see if the actual purchase was charged, and to make sure your daily spending limit is high enough to cover the purchase of tickets.

I called them and my daily limit is well above the price of the two tickets, they also said they hadn't declined anything. I've emailed borg ticket information with my code and screen print of both the pre-auth and screen shot of that error message. Last year it took a couple days to show up so who knows. I'm confused because I've used the same email address now to purchases tickets and none of my other purchases show up in that "link to send reactivation email"?
Gin889

Postby trilobyte » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:15 pm

Sounds good. As you might guess the ticket team has a ton of support messages in the queue. It could very well be that the purchase has yet to hit your accounts, for me whenever I make any kind of spendy purchase it always seems to hit asap.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby Gin889 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:39 pm

Update! I got in again and tried to authorize my debit card 2 times. Both times it said it failed even though I had both the money and the credit limit. I then used my credit card and it went through immediately. I'm a bit confused because both have visa stamps on them and both never have problems anywhere else.

Oh well, see you all at home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gin889

Postby shiny_sparkles » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:20 am

Congratulations all that ended up getting tickets - I'm sure there are a lot of happy faces out there today.

I checked with my bank, as suggested (thanks again Trilo / Vaktel), and they're saying they haven't blocked any transactions.

Gin889's comment made me think that perhaps it was a debit vs credit card problem after all. I also tried a visa debit card, assuming it would be ok since I've bought pricey tickets with it before.

In the end, I re-joined the queue using my hubby's login just in case the failed transaction was something to do with my card. Sadly, I never got to the front of the queue in time to get a 2nd shot at tickets before they all sold out.

So, STEP it is - it will just make that moment we finally get our mitts on tickets even sweeter!

My only question is - did anyone else have problems with a debit card transaction? Am I going to have to get myself a credit card before the STEP queue opens up?!

Thanks all
shiny_sparkles

Return to 2013 Tickets Discussion