Help! (Another Birgin here)

Re: Help! (Another Birgin here)

Postby 9ah » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:36 am

Anahtziry.... You can trade me a date with lil L-face and food for rebar and some tips. Come to the city and hang out... Bring Rosa too.... Leave the boys on the island though.. muahahaha
Illuminate. Navigate. Celebrate.
What would you do if you knew you couldn't fail?
9ah

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: Lamplighters

Postby Anahtziry » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:23 pm

thank you so much for your time in providing me with this incalculable advice and encouragement...I'm a huge sap and i feel moved :D :D
Doing this alone is scary!!!!
"Be humble, for you are made of earth...Be noble, for you are made of stars"
Anahtziry

Burning Since: 2013

Postby Anahtziry » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:24 pm

9ah wrote:Anahtziry.... You can trade me a date with lil L-face and food for rebar and some tips. Come to the city and hang out... Bring Rosa too.... Leave the boys on the island though.. muahahaha

Mira 9ah!

Let me know when and we are there!! (weekends) :lol:
"Be humble, for you are made of earth...Be noble, for you are made of stars"
Anahtziry

Burning Since: 2013

Postby Rice » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:34 pm

Anahtziry wrote:thank you so much for your time in providing me with this incalculable advice and encouragement...I'm a huge sap and i feel moved :D :D
Doing this alone is scary!!!!

I completely understand how it feels to be alone. When I decided to go to burning Man I didn't know any burners at all. and I was not certain that any lived in my province.

It all worked out fine, but I spent a lot of time researching stuff here on eplaya and eventually found someone local who i could directly ask questions...
Love Rice

Roach: "I feel like in this day and age, every girl should know how to build a flamethrower."
Rice

Burning Since: 2007

Postby Drawingablank » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:39 pm

Welcome.

It's good to see another local on the boards. I've traveled to the playa both by plane and driving cross country so if you need any logistics advice from NYC or help preparing let me know.
Savannah: I don't know what it is, but no thread here escapes alive. You'll get 1 or 2 real answers at minimum, occasionally 10 or 12, and then we flog it until it's unrecognizable and you can't get your deposit back.

Yet Another Crappy Birgin Guide
Drawingablank

Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Postby 9ah » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:05 pm

Anahtziry wrote:
9ah wrote:Anahtziry.... You can trade me a date with lil L-face and food for rebar and some tips. Come to the city and hang out... Bring Rosa too.... Leave the boys on the island though.. muahahaha

Mira 9ah!

Let me know when and we are there!! (weekends) :lol:

Whenever! Mandame un text, gchat, email.

Did you set up the tent yet? Do it while you guys still have snow out there... We don't have any snow in the city now. I really wanted Rosa to make it back to the playa this year... I guess next year for her. :cry:
Illuminate. Navigate. Celebrate.
What would you do if you knew you couldn't fail?
9ah

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: Lamplighters

Postby some seeing eye » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:14 pm

Search for packing lists and merge them into your own.
Realize that in a city of 60,000, your friends may have spares for the things forgotten

Plan your food strategy.
You will eat much less food than you think you need to bring. Realize that unexpected food treats can mysteriously appear.

Camping?
Solo, with close friends, with close strangers? Camp adoptions mid-week are not unheard of.

Costumes? You can never have to many, in a range of temperatures, colors, themes and degrees of comfort.
Realize that you may have friends there the same size and that there are costume camps that can contribute an accessory or even clothe you for an evening.

The value of preparation is peace of mind and confidence in experiencing an event which cannot really be anticipated. That means perfect preparation is not required, only its illusion.

IMO...
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion
some seeing eye

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Previous

Return to Introduce Yourself!