Ready for Main Sale!!!

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Ready for Main Sale!!!

Postby illy dilly » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:19 pm

I'm pretty excited for the ticket sale tomorrow!!! :D
Very Very Ready to get that Confirmation email!
I've cleared my schedule tomorrow between 1pm MST and 3ish MST.

Anyone else really excited to get there ticket? watch the servers crash? the outrageous posts that will pop up on eplaya? And best of all, the likely influx of new ePlaya users while they wait in the que for ticket?

:mrgreen:
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave
illy dilly

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Re: Ready for Main Sale!!!

Postby lucky420 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:24 pm

Sending you my best wishes and karma illy dilly! im brining a newbie from my office this year so get to watch him go through the process...
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :lol:
Oh my god, it's HUGE!
lucky420

Burning Since: I'm not sure
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Postby canexplain » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:33 pm

I'm excited this being my first year. If I score these, I just have one more fest to buy for sure and I am set for the summer. Good luck all. Some vets say no big deal, and others say, sell out (well by summer). I for one, will be in the virtual line tomorrow ...................
Coachella Wk2 04/19-04/21
Wakarusa 05/30-06/02
Bonnaroo 06/13-06/16
Dave Matthews Band 08/23-08/24
BurningMan 08/26-09/02
VooDoo 11/01-11/03
Bridge Benefit 10/???
canexplain

Burning Since: 2013

Postby TT120 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:15 pm

I'm ready. I gots my code and a nice fat pipe to the internet. Credit card in hand...Lets Do Dis!
Life's a bitch, then you go to Burning Man - Unjonharley

W6BJD
TT120

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Orphans Too

Postby Krokodyle » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:20 pm

First year! I'm ready, bank account ready, good internet connection at work, crossing my fingers for their servers :mrgreen:
I can't help it, I'm a born lever-puller.
Krokodyle

Camp Name: (Endorphin) Orphans Too

Postby Dr Helix » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:45 pm

Having participated in the Directed Ticket sale I will say that the experience was easy and amazingly quick. So tomorrow may surprise a lot of Burners thinking it will take forever or that they'll be an inevitable crash. Good luck to all!!!!!!!!
"Love, Rockets and write when you get work"
Dr Helix

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Interaction Cafe

Postby junglesmacks » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:54 pm

*Sigh*

I'm even more ready for the main sail..

Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Camp Name: Your mom's tent

Postby clocksnmirrors » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:21 pm

i took off the afternoon from work so i could concentrate on getting my ticket

I AM SOOOOOOOO EXCITED!
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee heee heee heeeee! *burp*
clocksnmirrors

Postby TT120 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:26 pm

I'm more excited for my 2nd burn than I was for my first. I've made a lot of improvements to my camp and time management while on Playa. I really want to get out there and see how good it all works! (Or doesn't)

W6BJD
TT120

Postby Eric » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:02 pm

TT120 wrote:I've made a lot of improvements to my camp and time management while on Playa. I really want to get out there and see how good it all works! (Or doesn't)

whoa. What's that?
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

Regarding Ticket Scalpers and Scammers

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby junglesmacks » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:25 pm

Go ahead, Eric. Politely ask him to remove his sunglasses like you did to me.. :lol:

*smack*
junglesmacks

Postby Jenifersteppat » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:32 pm

I'm ready too! Took the day off and as ready as I can be. I am by no means a computer knowledgeable person. I read a post by Trilo that said you go to the URL and will be prompted to enter your code then you are in the queue with automated page refreshes ever minute or two. Should I be hitting refresh myself or just letting it be automatic?? I usually don't go through Firefox but I have it so plan on using it tomorrow (per Jackrabbitspeaks)...is that really important?

As always thanks for any of your smarts Eplayans...
No matter where you go, there you are.
Jenifersteppat

Postby Bryan » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:32 pm

I'm so excited! I've been wanting to go to Burning Man for a couple of years now but 2013 will be my first year! I'm ready to pull the trigger at 2pm my time. All my friends ended up bailing but I kind of expected that to happen. I'm going no matter what.
Bryan

Postby junglesmacks » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:38 pm

The trick is to hold down CTRL while hitting F5 (browser refresh + cache clear) on your keyboard every few seconds starting at 11:59am PST. The button will appear on your screen a few seconds after 12 noon. It was at about 10 seconds after 12pm for the directed sale.

As long as you refresh quickly and go straight to the button as soon as it appears, you should be fine.

Note that the button WILL NOT automatically appear.. you need to refresh your screen!

Jenifersteppat wrote:I'm ready too! Took the day off and as ready as I can be. I am by no means a computer knowledgeable person. I read a post by Trilo that said you go to the URL and will be prompted to enter your code then you are in the queue with automated page refreshes ever minute or two. Should I be hitting refresh myself or just letting it be automatic?? I usually don't go through Firefox but I have it so plan on using it tomorrow (per Jackrabbitspeaks)...is that really important?

As always thanks for any of your smarts Eplayans...
junglesmacks

Postby Jenifersteppat » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:45 pm

Thanks Junglesmacks...can you clarify what you mean by "straight to the button?" Do you mean after I go through the link and put my code in a button will appear on the screen?
Jenifersteppat

Postby junglesmacks » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:55 pm

When you go to the email that was sent to you from Burning Man tickets confirming your pre-registration.. and you click the button to go to the main sale.. you see the screen below. Go ahead and try it now.

What you need to do is stay on that screen starting at about 11:55am PST. Write down your unique code that was send to you in the email. Practice slow, calm breaths.

At about 11:58am PST, start hitting F5 while holding down the CTRL button. Do this about every 3-5 seconds.

Around 5-10 seconds after 12 Noon PST, a button will magically appear in the white area under the text that will say "ENTER MAIN SALE" or something to that effect. As soon as it appears, click on it.

BAM! You're in line. Follow instructions from there. Enter your unique code, and you will be put in the queue. Do NOT refresh the screen. Stay there. Your place will come up. It may take up to 20-30 minutes or so.. but follow the on screen instructions and don't freak out.
Last edited by junglesmacks on Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
junglesmacks

Postby Jenifersteppat » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:59 pm

Ok, thanks Junglesmacks, will do! Last year was the lottery so I have no experience doin' it old school. Thanks again :)
Jenifersteppat

Postby TT120 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:07 pm

Eric wrote:
TT120 wrote:I've made a lot of improvements to my camp and time management while on Playa. I really want to get out there and see how good it all works! (Or doesn't)

whoa. What's that?

For me, it mostly means give myself MUCH more time to chase shiny things and not really have any destination or time frame. I never seemed to get where I was going last year because of all the shiny things that distracted me.

W6BJD
TT120

Postby DrYes » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:18 pm

TT120 wrote:
Eric wrote:

whoa. What's that?

For me, it mostly means give myself MUCH more time to chase shiny things and not really have any destination or time frame. I never seemed to get where I was going last year because of all the shiny things that distracted me.

That place you weren't meaning to end up at is always the best out there.
Burning Man 2013 video || Burning Man 2013 photos
Burning Man 2012 video
Burning Man 2011 video

"We'll never leave, look at us now, so in love with the way we are."
DrYes

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Camp Tasty Bits (w/ the Stimulus Tree)

Postby Savannah » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:36 pm

Eric wrote:

whoa. What's that?

It's a frozen cocktail made with white grapes, St. Germain and soda.
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

first timer, question about selling tickets

Postby whynotnow29 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:41 pm

I'm per-registered, I'm planing on buying a ticket tomorrow. I'm just not 100% sure I will be able to go yet. I don't know all the details about the ticket, but will I be able to sell the ticket if I can't go? I'm in NJ, so it will take me 4 days out, a week there, and 4 days back,,. just not sure I will be able to get the time off yet. I would never sell the ticket for more then I got it for, wouldn't even care if I lost a little, would be happy to sell it for near face value,,. get it to someone who needs it if I can't make it. Just don't want to eat the full cost of the ticket.

Thanks
whynotnow29

Burning Since: 2017

Re: first timer, question about selling tickets

Postby Savannah » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:50 pm

whynotnow29 wrote:I'm per-registered, I'm planing on buying a ticket tomorrow. I'm just not 100% sure I will be able to go yet. I don't know all the details about the ticket, but will I be able to sell the ticket if I can't go? I'm in NJ, so it will take me 4 days out, a week there, and 4 days back,,. just not sure I will be able to get the time off yet. I would never sell the ticket for more then I got it for, wouldn't even care if I lost a little, would be happy to sell it for near face value,,. get it to someone who needs it if I can't make it. Just don't want to eat the full cost of the ticket.

Thanks

The answer is #5 in the Frequently Asked Questions about tickets.

Can I resell my tickets?
Yes, with the exception of Low Income tickets. You can use our Secure Ticket Exchange Program (note: this excludes Holiday Sale tickets - see STEP section.) If you have already received your tickets you can re-sell them at face value to members of the community.

http://tickets2.burningman.com/faq.php

I note you say "near face value". I don't know whether you mean above face or below face, but I would encourage you to sell for no more than face value + whatever handling fees you paid. Everyone respects paying the fees, but the average Burner hates a markup, and may hold out for a totally fair price from another seller. There is a saying among some Burners: "Face value or fuck off". :wink:

Last year tickets fell out of the woodwork in the last few weeks before the event and were going for half price or less, even free (because no one wants a ticket to go to waste). So if you don't need your ticket, sell it as soon as you know you're not going. Don't wait until the last minute, or you may not find a buyer.

Savannah

Postby MrBeardy » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:03 pm

What happens if you get two tickets and want to sell just one through STEP later on due to unforeseen circumstances? Is it sell all or none, or can you choose how many? I'm only getting one but I was just curious as I didn't see this instance in the FAQ and I'm sure this will be the case for some dusty folk....
MrBeardy

Re: first timer, question about selling tickets

Postby whynotnow29 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:18 pm

Savannah wrote:
whynotnow29 wrote:I'm per-registered, I'm planing on buying a ticket tomorrow. I'm just not 100% sure I will be able to go yet. I don't know all the details about the ticket, but will I be able to sell the ticket if I can't go? I'm in NJ, so it will take me 4 days out, a week there, and 4 days back,,. just not sure I will be able to get the time off yet. I would never sell the ticket for more then I got it for, wouldn't even care if I lost a little, would be happy to sell it for near face value,,. get it to someone who needs it if I can't make it. Just don't want to eat the full cost of the ticket.

Thanks

The answer is #5 in the Frequently Asked Questions about tickets.

Can I resell my tickets?
Yes, with the exception of Low Income tickets. You can use our Secure Ticket Exchange Program (note: this excludes Holiday Sale tickets - see STEP section.) If you have already received your tickets you can re-sell them at face value to members of the community.

http://tickets2.burningman.com/faq.php

I note you say "near face value". I don't know whether you mean above face or below face, but I would encourage you to sell for no more than face value + whatever handling fees you paid. Everyone respects paying the fees, but the average Burner hates a markup, and may hold out for a totally fair price from another seller. There is a saying among some Burners: "Face value or fuck off". :wink:

Last year tickets fell out of the woodwork in the last few weeks before the event and were going for half price or less, even free (because no one wants a ticket to go to waste). So if you don't need your ticket, sell it as soon as you know you're not going. Don't wait until the last minute, or you may not find a buyer.

Thank you for all that info. Sorry, maybe my wording was not clear, I did say I would never sell the ticket for more then I got it for,,. so yes near face value, I mean the true cost of the ticket or less. I will know for sure by June,.. so if I can't go, and I can get most of my money back, say $300 for the ticket I would be happy. would be my gifting, not being able to go,. :-)
whynotnow29

Postby Savannah » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:21 pm

Cool beans, whynotnow29. :)

Good luck to you--I hope you make it, and don't have to sell.

Savannah

Postby Just_Joe » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:26 pm

Ash Wednesday. How fitting.
Just_Joe

Postby FIGJAM » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:03 am

2/13/13. 8)
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
FIGJAM

Postby JayBobBoy » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:59 am

A big THANK YOU to Junglesmacks for those excellent instructions on how to deal with the main sale.

I am practicing my calm, slow breaths starting now!
"It is all very beautiful and magical here - a quality which cannot be described. You have to live it and breath it., let the sun bake it into you" - Ansel Adams
JayBobBoy

Burning Since: 2002

Postby illy dilly » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:34 am

HELL YEAH YALL!!!!

Thanks Lucky!

Got to talking to SmAshly last night and I decided that this is one of my top 10 favorite and top 10 most dreaded days of the year!
I love it because by tonight, I'll know I'm going to Burning Man. And I dread it because I know from now tell August my productivity at work will be reduced by at last 30 percent. And I'm only productive 40% of the day :shock:

TT120 wrote:I'm more excited for my 2nd burn than I was for my first. I've made a lot of improvements to my camp and time management while on Playa. I really want to get out there and see how good it all works! (Or doesn't)

Hell Yeah TT120!
I'm with ya! My Second year blew my first year out of the water!!!!
The first year is amazing and super mind blowing, but the second year its still all pretty new- But, you know what your doing!!!
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave
illy dilly

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Postby BurnerBunny » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:14 am

2 hours to go, woohoo! Super excited for my second burn, this time I'll be super prepared. Sparkles everywhere!
BurnerBunny

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Iffy Pop

Next

Return to 2013 Tickets Discussion