Looking for other Mongollian/Traditional/Not-hexi Yurt Owner

Ideas, advice, tips, and tricks regarding shelter, shade, tents, and camping. Yes, this includes RV's too.

Looking for other Mongollian/Traditional/Not-hexi Yurt Owner

Postby lola lososos » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:34 am

i camp in a 14' diameter yurt made of canvas by a company in seattle. and i love my yurt. its the perfect in-between structure that is sturdier, comfier and larger than a tent and less costly to transport than an RV.

The hexi-yurt has its own threads and fans, but i'm looking for other not-hexi yurt fanatics who bring their traditonal style yurt to playa, or other events, to share joys, sorrows, how-to's for repairing, cooling, shading, decorating or any other things that you want to share about life in a yurt. post your photos.

feel free to introduce yourself. i like to visit with other yurt owners that i find at various events and talk about what you do with yours and share the love of living in a yurt on playa and other places. i hope that i can find more of you here on eplaya and we can share here and in person. i'll begin...

hi. i'm lola and here is my yurt being erected on playa in 2011. i've since decorated the canvas on the outside. I bring rugs for the floor and tapestries for the walls. i string "walls" to break up sleeping areas. i've had up to six people living in it. its been to Lakes of Fire, Saguaroman, LIB, LA decom, Youtopia and its been on playa 2 years, this will be #3. I set up for early arrival and live here up to 2.5 weeks on playa. its been through a tornado in michigan, and dust storms on playa with nary a scratch. i bring it home, air it out in the horse pasture, fold it up and pack it in 2 rolling tool cases that fit in my 4runner. the wood parts of the structure fit in a toyota pickup. i would not camp in anything else and i cant wait for the burning season to begin. my gear is all set and ready to go and another year...
P8210050.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lola lososos

Burning Since: 2007

Re: Looking for other Mongollian/Traditional/Not-hexi Yurt O

Postby Ugly Dougly » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:43 pm

Hi Lola! I love the traditional yurt, always dreamed of having one.

Where are you from?
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby lucky420 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:59 pm

oh I just love your traditional yurt. i am a hexayurt girl but oneday, oneday...
Oh my god, it's HUGE!
lucky420

Burning Since: I'm not sure
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Postby BurnerBunny » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:52 pm

how is the temperature in your canvas yurt?
BurnerBunny

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Iffy Pop

Return to Shelter & Camping