how long did it take for u to receive confirmation email?

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Re: how long did it take for u to receive confirmation email

Postby trilobyte » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:40 pm

Fishy - you'll get information later about creating your username and filling out the rest of your profile.

Kenrock - try logging into your email account via the provider's site and check the spam folder there. It's also possible that your ISP may be doing you the 'favor' or running their own in-house spamblocking or filtering process, which disappears email before it ever hits your inbox (even on the server). Last year we saw a few sporadic reports from people experiencing that kind of stuff. Glad to hear the ticket team got you all hooked up.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby BeachBum » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:15 pm

Cool, ticketing support kindly just resent my code, got it now. They're really doing a good job :-)

In their nice note, they mentioned that the big old email provider i used for my registration, just because it seemed more reliable than my newer accounts, has been the one rejecting emails this year. So, contacting ticketing support was actually necessary for me.

Also, techie stuff:
- Which email addresses should i have in my contacts list to greenlight emails? I currently have orders(at)bu..., tickets(at)bu..., and ticketsupport(at)bu... . Should there be others?
- There's a chance that the email prob may have been related to the revoked peer certificate, which is fixed now. Or, more likely, that the email provider had a clerk in India click mass-reject.
- One mass frustration people may experience on the ticket sale on Wednesday is that Microsoft does their major software updates the second Tuesday of each month, which usually run into Wednesday, probably scheduled for this week. It may be good to turn on your PC early in the day to deal with this. Or, preferably, use an Apple ;-)
BeachBum

Postby BeachBum » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:09 pm

Whoops, i take that back. The ticketing support link, such as in trilobyte's sig line, still has a revoked peer's certificate. They "might" want to fix that asap to prevent probs, which "might" be major if they happen to use the same certificate for the ticket sale or for email-spamblocking-handshaking related to the sale.

So far, so good :-)
BeachBum

Postby trilobyte » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:42 pm

Ticket sales happens on a different system, the security certificate issue on ticketsupport should not have an affect. As for a trusted senders list, I'd add *@burningman.com and *@inticketing.com to your list.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby dragonpilot » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:24 pm

I'm on board...only took 3-4 days.
Don't bore your friends with all your troubles. Tell your enemies instead, for they will delight in hearing about them.
dragonpilot

Burning Since: 2005

Postby illy dilly » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:17 pm

Wow, glad I read this thread! I had completely forgot to make sure I had received the Access Code, and what do ya know, I can't find it. :shock:
Just emailed Ticketing Support!

WHEW! Close one! I'm glad I got on it today and not Wednesday!

I created my Burner Profile on January 23rd, then logged back in Thursday or Friday last week, and followed all the instructions.
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave
illy dilly

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Postby burner von braun » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:43 pm

So I am wondering, those of us who didn't receive our codes as expected and had to contact ticketing (who are terrific by the way).. looking forward.. is the purchase process straightforward and not reliant on email back and forth follow up, or are we still in some kind of jeopardy. I'm still not certain where my setup is flawed, though I did add to my 'trusted senders contact list' as suggested. I receive JRS, and other BM related emails fine, as far as I know.
Another early attempt at success
burner von braun

Burning Since: 2010

Postby illy dilly » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:50 pm

Yeah Ticketing Support really is doing a great job!
They got back to me in about an hour. :shock:

I've never had any BurningMan emails go to my Spam. And the email they originally sent is not in my spam folder.
I too am wondering where the disconnect must be?

I'm using yahoo mail. What mail service is everyone else that had problems using?
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave
illy dilly

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Postby burner von braun » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:52 pm

aol

..and yeah, I looked everywhere, and never did find mine either.
Another early attempt at success
burner von braun

Burning Since: 2010

Postby trilobyte » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:01 pm

The process is pretty straightforward. You'll go to the URL and be prompted to enter your verification code. From there you'll be in the queue, with automated page refreshes every minute or two to let you know you're still in there. When you get to the end of the queue, you'll be prompted to enter the verification code again and then be passed on to the transaction engine, where you buy the tickets/enter payment info. When that completes, you'll get a confirmation page in your browser that will contain your order # (which you can use your browser to print/save to PDF/etc if you like), and you'll get an email sent to the email address you entered on the previous page.

Even if you didn't have any hiccups with getting that email with the verification code, I'd advise that you either print, save, or printscreen that order confirmation page, or at least write that order # down someplace. I do the same whenever getting tickets to any event.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby BurnerBunny » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:11 pm

They are doing a really good job with the codes. I had an issue, got a response right away from them, and still got my code in a day and a half.

I'm taking it as a good sign I'll get tickets this year. I'm an anal retentive planner, need to start early :D
BurnerBunny

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Iffy Pop

Postby trilobyte » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:12 pm

From what I've been gathering, both those providers have recently start doing their users the alleged favor of implementing low level spamblocking before the messages even hit users' accounts. Some regional cable/dsl providers occasionally do that kind of thing too, it's all kinds of annoying. Since I don't have email with either of those companies I couldn't tell you how painful it is to resolve.

In the case of someone like GMail you can simply log into your account via their web site, and from there you can add to trusted senders/add rules and filters as you see fit. What I'd do is create a new filter, add the sender *@burningman.com and then add the rule never send to spam. Then repeat the process for *@inticketing.com. If your email provider does not offer that kind of functionality to you, hit them up for tech support to be able to make that happen or consider switching email providers.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby BeachBum » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:12 am

Ticketing support very kindly got me my code on Sunday after sending them an email saying i hadn't received it in over 3 days, they're really good!

Then, late this afternoon i received their original email, which was actually sent on Friday, according to the detailed email header.

I think it was stuck in email spam-blocking "authentication", or at least the header has lines about email authentication with the burningman servers using DomainKeys and DKIM. I'm so incredibly sure that the email getting released from the authentication hangup late this afternoon had absolutely, positively nothing to do with the previously reported BM ticketing dept server's "revoked Peer's Certificate" security setup issue finally being fixed sometime this afternoon ;-)

Taking a guess, other people who should have received their registration numbers emails previously probably also received them late this afternoon or early evening.

So far so good! :-)
BeachBum

Postby trilobyte » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:48 am

The revoked certificate issue only affects the ticketingsupport.burningman.com site. It does not affect any other subdomains or any of the email servers.

For what it's worth, that error can be clicked through safely. The ticketsupport.burningman.com site is informational only (web forum for ticketing Q&A and support) and scans cleanly (no malware, spyware, or any other nonsense). It's an administrative/technical glitch, and one that hopefully the tech team and folks at Zendesk will be able to get sorted out soon.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby BeachBum » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:34 pm

Geez, trilobyte,

All I am trying to do is report a technical problem that may have the potential to effect either the sale or emails related to the sale. The correct response is to simply fix the problem.

All I know is that my registration codes email that was sent by ticketsupport on Friday finally arrived after some unknown miscellaneous fix or action may have been temporarily done on Monday afternoon.

I'm not interested in learning how to analyze the very complex interplay between the propagated DNS entries which have been expanded to handle the DomainKeys email authentication system which was used in sending this email, email-recipient-hosts' DomainKeys/DKIM verification policies, and how this complex system handles a subdomain having a bad security certificate. Or trying to figure out any related issues that may have caused the ticketsupport subdomain to have a bad security certificate or any potentially related issues that may have effected the outgoing email system.

The simple and correct thing to do is just to fix the problem to prevent it from having a chance to have unintended effects, even if you believe that the percentage chance of this causing unintended effects is low.

Thanks.
BeachBum

Postby trilobyte » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:08 pm

I'm sorry that you think my post or response is inappropriate, it sounds as if there may be some confusion. I am not a part of the team that runs those sites. For ticketing support, please see the link in my signature.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby BeachBum » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:46 pm

No, trilobyte, i'm the one sorry for any confusion,

I should have written than the correct response is for "them" (the IT team or Zendesk) to fix the problem in case it may have unexpected effects on emails related to the sale.

I'll launch a different browser (one that is able to get past this certificate issue and actually get through to the ticketing support link in your sig line) and report the issue directly to them.

Thanks, and my apologies again.
BeachBum

Previous

Return to 2013 Tickets Discussion