Laying it down at the Temple

All things outside of Burning Man.

Re: Laying it down at the Temple

Postby 9ah » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:28 am

Ohhh... And in response to the actual thread. Go ahead and make a list, burn the list if nothing else.

It's not always burdens that get burned. I didn't watch 2011 temple burn with a message to my niece in it so I put a new msg for her in 2012 as many things in life had changed, as well as an item with her photo on it. I'm not religious, but watching it burn officially' put it into the universe for me. I'd likely be arrested for burning things in NYC... :coffee:
Illuminate. Navigate. Celebrate.
What would you do if you knew you couldn't fail?
9ah

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: Lamplighters

Postby Eric » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:56 am

Sunbeam56 wrote:I regret that we missed the Temple of Juno. And am looking forward to the next ...

Careful with that anticipation thing. I missed the amazing Temple in '02 & couldn't wait for the '03 one. Hated it (cardboard tubes covered in paper... :roll: ) However, it still burned beautifully. Missed '04 so I could perform my nieces wedding (another amazing Temple), the '05 Temple was my least favorite ever (Temple of Scrap Wood & Toothpicks...). Sucked burning as well.

When you hear people say that you should really, really try to go without expectations, they're not kidding...
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

Regarding Ticket Scammers and Scalpers

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby Roark » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:47 am

Sage words, all.

As for me? I anticipate heat, cold, dust, wind, smelly potties and watching Eric trolling the ravers. I anticipate building infrastructure, exhausting myself, getting re-exhausted, cranky, and being nursed back to health at Ground Zero by SunBeam. I anticipate meeting a bunch of totally OUT THERE whack-jobs I met in cyberspace, came to love and admire, and hope to put some names with faces. I anticipate deMOOPing my camp, gifting my remaining food and water to the Exodous folks, and counting the fingerprints on the window of the car in front of me for 8 slow hours. I anticipate a 4 day drive home pulling a trailer across half of our nation. I anticipate spending the 51 weeks thereafter making posts like this. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Other than that, I'm pretty open. :mrgreen: and if any of the above actually happens, I anticipate I will remember it for the rest of my life.
Give me an underground laboratory, half a dozen atom-smashers, and a beautiful girl in a diaphanous veil waiting to be turned into a chimpanzee, and I care NOT who writes this nation’s laws. ... S.J. Perelman
Roark

Postby 9ah » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:20 am

Roark wrote:Sage words, all.

As for me? I anticipate heat, cold, dust, wind, smelly potties and watching Eric trolling the ravers. I anticipate building infrastructure, exhausting myself, getting re-exhausted, cranky, and being nursed back to health at Ground Zero by SunBeam. I anticipate meeting a bunch of totally OUT THERE whack-jobs I met in cyberspace, came to love and admire, and hope to put some names with faces. I anticipate deMOOPing my camp, gifting my remaining food and water to the Exodous folks, and counting the fingerprints on the window of the car in front of me for 8 slow hours. I anticipate a 4 day drive home pulling a trailer across half of our nation. I anticipate spending the 51 weeks thereafter making posts like this. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Other than that, I'm pretty open. :mrgreen: and if any of the above actually happens, I anticipate I will remember it for the rest of my life.

If you know the portapotty guys schedule you always get a fresh one...

Be careful with what you try to unload on Exodus crew... They get a lot of crap (also please don't leave it at someone's camp... This happened to a friend and it was mostly shitty stuff that we wouldn't eat)....

There was not Exodus pulsing because... Yeah, because. Get ready to meet your car neighbors when you head to the gate.

:coffee:
9ah

Postby Bounce530 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:32 pm

I'm pretty sure that DPW does not want your water at the exodus drop point.
They'll take damn near anything else, clean socks, packs of cigarettes, booze, etc, but don't want the water.
What other people think about you is none of your business.
Bounce530

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: BRC Guardian Landing pad

Postby tattoogoddess » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:08 pm

Roark wrote:
TomServo wrote:
Funny! No were getting divorced this year, then re married. No, Michelle. My real true to government wife. The one who dragged me to Burning Man against my wishes in 1999, then divorced me because I loved it too much. NO OTHER PLAYA MARRIAGES OTHER THAN TG! I've heard some crazy shit in the past year!

FWIW, I can legally marry 'em and bury 'em in 49 states. Let me know if you need drive-thru service. :mrgreen:

no real weddings. we are happy with out that stupid piece of paper, BUT we will need someone to preform the playa wedding (your new so let you in... we met out there tom moved here and we live together... might as well be married)
maladroit- Burning Man is like a second job, except you pay to work there.
Burning Man is just the pre party for exodus! - fellow burner during exodus
tattoogoddess

Burning Since: 2012

Postby 9ah » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:56 pm

Booze and bacon are obvious exceptions.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
9ah

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:19 pm

Eric wrote:the '05 Temple was my least favorite ever (Temple of Scrap Wood & Toothpicks...).

Sagrada Basara? Cause I liked that one. But that was 08 or 09, so I may be full of crap.

The temple is something I never get to. I burned a small amount of Scott's ashes in both the man and the temple--and he was so much more the man burn...
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Postby Eric » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:53 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:
Eric wrote:the '05 Temple was my least favorite ever (Temple of Scrap Wood & Toothpicks...).

Sagrada Basara? Cause I liked that one. But that was 08 or 09, so I may be full of crap.

The temple is something I never get to. I burned a small amount of Scott's ashes in both the man and the temple--and he was so much more the man burn...

Temple of Dreams, the red one toothpicky, "orientalist" looking one. Though I wasn't too fond of Sagrada Basara either - which shows that even friends can have differing views on the art.

2007 was probably my favorite (Temple of Forgiveness), though the last two years were lovely. They are getting a bit... much however, but that's for another thread...
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

Regarding Ticket Scammers and Scalpers

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:17 pm

Eric wrote:Though I wasn't too fond of Sagrada Basara either - which shows that even friends can have differing views on the art..

Was definitely a point I wanted to make.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Previous

Return to Open Discussion