VIP parties at the burn

Whether you're a registered theme camp or not this is the place to discuss and share camp plans, find a camp to join, or recruit new campmates.

Re: VIP parties at the burn

Postby BIGSEXXY » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:25 pm

Everyone need to take a chill pill.
First off, this was an interview not a blueprint. Though i might have ideas of my own, this is a group project and not a dictatorship.
In the off season our ideas are in their infant stages and most ideas never even make it off the ground. My idea (BIGSEXXY) of an exclusive party for artist to meet their funding will probably NOT be brought to the playa in 2013 (hence the delay of our kick starter campaign). However we still plan to give extra recognition to those who are helping us along the way.
Honestly some of our campers are from all over the world and the only way the can offer to help is through capital donation.
Even though our non profit is designed to help artist receive funding for their projects, we will try and leave it out of our 2013 Burning Man plans.
You all must know, this project is bigger then me now. We have directors and captains that help keep our core strong. All ideas and projects are seen by numerous eyes before a decision is made. All events have had minimal errors and everything has gone to plan. We are not over budget, and though our fundraising methods are not traditional, they are still fundraising...and its still a fuck ton of work!
The people i now currently work with are amazing!!! Smart, fun, motivated, excited, etc, and i have no plans to turn back now. DIGITAL APEX CAMP is strong!! My random idea to build a coliseum in the desert has now attracted more people then i could have ever dreamed.
Do i just tell them all to go home and forget about? Hell no!
Expect us to be on the playa in 2013..
We are NOT the Dancetronauts..
Our moop plans have been some of the best on the playa.
My camp have received green marks for all 3 years.
We have never had to ask burning man for a cent (all money for projects was our own).

Ill admit..This project was a little intimidating in the beginning..but that's the way i like to burn. Spending the year chasing a challenge. Telling me i cant do something and it only makes me want it more. Tell me it cant be done means ill find a way. Building BIG structure in the name of art..you know ill be there!! These characteristics are why campers trust me, respect me, and are want to work with me.
Regardless of your view on my ideas, we are not an exclusive camp and our ideas change daily. We welcome you all to our camp..your all artist on the inside and we believe you all have great potential.
Please come by, play with our toys, have a drink, and let your worries drift away in the dust.
If you like what we are doing put your hands together and let us hear you cheer. That's honestly all we are looking for..
Peace be the journey for 2013..let it go....
BIGSEXXY
BIGSEXXY

Postby trilobyte » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:20 pm

You and your directors should probably think about being more careful how you and others act as a spokespersons for your camp, especially when giving interviews on a blog site. The minute you start making plans that involve seeking money from others or working the press, public opinion counts a whole lot more (than if you were self-funded and private), and bad press can have a huge impact on the success of the project. Good luck!
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby Simon of the Playa » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:38 pm

BIGSEXXY wrote:Everyone need to take a chill pill.
First off, this was an interview not a blueprint. Though i might have ideas of my own, this is a group project and not a dictatorship.
In the off season our ideas are in their infant stages and most ideas never even make it off the ground. My idea (BIGSEXXY) of an exclusive party for artist to meet their funding will probably NOT be brought to the playa in 2013 (hence the delay of our kick starter campaign). However we still plan to give extra recognition to those who are helping us along the way.
Honestly some of our campers are from all over the world and the only way the can offer to help is through capital donation.
Even though our non profit is designed to help artist receive funding for their projects, we will try and leave it out of our 2013 Burning Man plans.
You all must know, this project is bigger then me now. We have directors and captains that help keep our core strong. All ideas and projects are seen by numerous eyes before a decision is made. All events have had minimal errors and everything has gone to plan. We are not over budget, and though our fundraising methods are not traditional, they are still fundraising...and its still a fuck ton of work!
The people i now currently work with are amazing!!! Smart, fun, motivated, excited, etc, and i have no plans to turn back now. DIGITAL APEX CAMP is strong!! My random idea to build a coliseum in the desert has now attracted more people then i could have ever dreamed.
Do i just tell them all to go home and forget about? Hell no!
Expect us to be on the playa in 2013..
We are NOT the Dancetronauts..
Our moop plans have been some of the best on the playa.
My camp have received green marks for all 3 years.
We have never had to ask burning man for a cent (all money for projects was our own).

Ill admit..This project was a little intimidating in the beginning..but that's the way i like to burn. Spending the year chasing a challenge. Telling me i cant do something and it only makes me want it more. Tell me it cant be done means ill find a way. Building BIG structure in the name of art..you know ill be there!! These characteristics are why campers trust me, respect me, and are want to work with me.
Regardless of your view on my ideas, we are not an exclusive camp and our ideas change daily. We welcome you all to our camp..your all artist on the inside and we believe you all have great potential.
Please come by, play with our toys, have a drink, and let your worries drift away in the dust.
If you like what we are doing put your hands together and let us hear you cheer. That's honestly all we are looking for..
Peace be the journey for 2013..let it go....
BIGSEXXY

im sure you will have a lot of flies attracted to your shit.

the bigger they are, the harder they flail...you have fun with that.
breathe deep, the playa is the dust of your ancestors

A gift for the Playa
Simon of the Playa

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Postby Roberto Dobbisano » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:40 pm

man, it would totally suck if the power went out just when beyonce arrives.
one nation, under a groove.
Roberto Dobbisano

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:25 pm

Did anyone stop reading after this line?
I have found that there are certain phrases that are so banal, speak of such laziness, and are basically so annoying, and in this context such an insulting and condescending way of talking to people that you supposedly want on your side, that I figure that everything after it is going to be bullshit.
Just me?
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Roark » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:41 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:My friendship starts at 500, but it's worth every penny.

Mine starts at three bucks. For shameless fawning and eternal reverence add another buck. I also accept cold longnecks or hot redheads as payment, but I cant make change that way.... :mrgreen:
Give me an underground laboratory, half a dozen atom-smashers, and a beautiful girl in a diaphanous veil waiting to be turned into a chimpanzee, and I care NOT who writes this nation’s laws. ... S.J. Perelman
Roark

Postby illy dilly » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:19 am

theCryptofishist wrote:Did anyone stop reading after this line?
I have found that there are certain phrases that are so banal, speak of such laziness, and are basically so annoying, and in this context such an insulting and condescending way of talking to people that you supposedly want on your side, that I figure that everything after it is going to be bullshit.
Just me?

Nope not at all.
The other day this bit (below) from this thread got me. Didn't bother to read the rest. http://eplaya.burningman.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=58634
ZaphodBurner wrote:Having said that, I served in the Marine Corps

Eww
ZaphodBurner wrote:I'm not a bad guy.

You JUST said you were a marine, your story is not adding up.

The next original sentence, not a quote, was...
Every cop I've ever met has been conservative. I spent time as a guard in twin towers, where most of the guards planned to become cops, and you can rest easy knowing that rascists and thugs are protecting your neighborhood by shooting kids.

So..... yeah. :roll:

But, because I can't resist... Gosh Fishy just take a chill pill! :wink:
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave
illy dilly

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Postby Simon of the Playa » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:25 am

heres another stupid fucking ego project asking for money...promising VIP status...

suck it.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ss-tittyhawk-of-brc

A gift for the Playa
Simon of the Playa

Postby Roberto Dobbisano » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:22 am

yup...
Attachments
itsover.jpg
Roberto Dobbisano

Postby H.G.Crosby » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:23 am

paris knows...
Attachments
parisknows.jpg
parisknows.jpg (69.87 KiB) Viewed 569 times
Once I noticed I was on fire, I decided to relax and enjoy the fall™
H.G.Crosby

Postby Simon of the Playa » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:28 am

you want a PR war?

i'll give you a PR war...

better duck and cover, motherfuckers, duck and cover...

A gift for the Playa
Simon of the Playa

Postby Roberto Dobbisano » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:30 am

thats it, go all Love Parade on their Asses....

Last edited by Roberto Dobbisano on Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roberto Dobbisano

Postby aserendipity » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:31 am

Those who proclaim enmity re racism ought to spell check themselves
Come on BURNERS
aserendipity

Postby tamarakay » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:55 am

theCryptofishist wrote:Did anyone stop reading after this line?
Just me?

That's as far as I got too. Whatever amount of chill I had went directly to boil.
When the only tool you got is a hammer, every problem looks like a hippie.

Mmmmmm I love the smell of Burning Man Token

http://www.dyewithdignity.com
tamarakay

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity at BDC

Postby Ugly Dougly » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:07 am

BIGSEXXY wrote:Everyone need to take a chill pill.

I missed the part where you demonstrated your radical inclusiveness.
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Postby Simon of the Playa » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:31 pm

this goes for ALL of the projects begging money and rewarding their "Big Boners, i mean Donors"...

FUCK YOU AND THE KRUG YOU RODE IN ON.
Attachments
suckit-assholes.jpg
suckit-assholes.jpg (56.38 KiB) Viewed 529 times

A gift for the Playa
Simon of the Playa

Postby katy potaty » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:13 pm

You know, 2011 was my first and only burn. I think I had really high expectations based on meeting burners off playa and having a great experience with them. Then we got there and i really had a hard time with it socially. I felt like the whole "welcome home" shit was fake and there was so much exclusion that by the end of the week I was pretty done with it. It was only a couple of months ago that I began to reconsider returning. Now it feels like the playa is calling me back, so we're going to give it another try. But, for me, the VIP exclusiveness is really shitty. People do this all the time in the world and its too bad they feel they need to work so hard to bring it all the way out to BM.
katy potaty

Postby missprism » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:49 pm

Simon of the Playa wrote:this goes for ALL of the projects begging money and rewarding their "Big Boners, i mean Donors"...

FUCK YOU AND THE KRUG YOU RODE IN ON.

whoa whats the pic from? (the un..enhanced version)

that's some banquet.

funny how some people say "EVERYONE WAS SO CLIQUE-Y AND EXCLUSIONARY" or "I MADE 100 NEW FRIENDS!"

in a city of 60,000, you're gonna find friends and dickwads. so it goes.
missprism

Burning Since: 2013

Postby 9ah » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:02 pm

Banquet is being to kind. I'd call that poorly made decision by a brand.

TJs and Barefoot have better bubbly anyway.

:coffee:
Illuminate. Navigate. Celebrate.
What would you do if you knew you couldn't fail?
9ah

Camp Name: Lamplighters

Postby Bounce530 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:50 pm

TomServo wrote:Pickles are cucumbers soaked in EVIL!
Bounce530

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: BRC Guardian docking pad

Postby missprism » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:52 pm

ahh. knew it was a krug thing. didnt that was a photo of the event. gosh those folks are purdy.
missprism

Burning Since: 2013

Postby Sunbeam56 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:43 pm

Roark wrote:
Mine starts at three bucks. For shameless fawning and eternal reverence add another buck. I also accept cold longnecks or hot redheads as payment, but I cant make change that way.... :mrgreen:

I'd pay $250 to see Stevie Ray Vaughn live. But he's, like... Um... Dead.
No chance of that :(

Other than that, i vote with my hat. You know? I put my hat on my head, and walk.
God Bless all them who believe they bettah than us poooor peons, they mostly right. :(
Let GOOD win!
Sunbeam56

Burning Since: 2014
Camp Name: Fish OUt of Water Clan

Postby Ano » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:17 pm

Keisen wrote:You know, 2011 was my first and only burn. I think I had really high expectations based on meeting burners off playa and having a great experience with them. Then we got there and i really had a hard time with it socially. I felt like the whole "welcome home" shit was fake and there was so much exclusion that by the end of the week I was pretty done with it. It was only a couple of months ago that I began to reconsider returning. Now it feels like the playa is calling me back, so we're going to give it another try. But, for me, the VIP exclusiveness is really shitty. People do this all the time in the world and its too bad they feel they need to work so hard to bring it all the way out to BM.

Try getting on any of the major art cars as a single guy... my experience in 2011 was "Oh, sorry, we're full..." on the empty-ish cars, or "Sorry, camp night on the car (three nights in a row on one)," etc etc etc. I've decided - fuck the major raver/"art" busses. But hey, I'm also ridiculously new to all of this stuff, but who knows... then again, when I brought my Girlfriend, she was invited on any car, anywhere... great to see the looks on faces as I followed her on.
Ano

Camp Name: ???

Postby ygmir » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:48 pm

Ano wrote:
Keisen wrote:You know, 2011 was my first and only burn. I think I had really high expectations based on meeting burners off playa and having a great experience with them. Then we got there and i really had a hard time with it socially. I felt like the whole "welcome home" shit was fake and there was so much exclusion that by the end of the week I was pretty done with it. It was only a couple of months ago that I began to reconsider returning. Now it feels like the playa is calling me back, so we're going to give it another try. But, for me, the VIP exclusiveness is really shitty. People do this all the time in the world and its too bad they feel they need to work so hard to bring it all the way out to BM.

Try getting on any of the major art cars as a single guy... my experience in 2011 was "Oh, sorry, we're full..." on the empty-ish cars, or "Sorry, camp night on the car (three nights in a row on one)," etc etc etc. I've decided - fuck the major raver/"art" busses. But hey, I'm also ridiculously new to all of this stuff, but who knows... then again, when I brought my Girlfriend, she was invited on any car, anywhere... great to see the looks on faces as I followed her on.

right with ya there Ano. being an old single guy, rarely is there a spot for me on the bigger "party barges". Some of the smaller ones are super friendly, but, the big "rave" cars, seem only for sparkle ponies and Frat boys, unless you have an 8 ball and hookers to share.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Camp Name: qqqq

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:30 pm

tamarakay wrote:Whatever amount of chill I had went directly to boil.

I love this woman's way with words.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Postby Savannah » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:20 am

missprism wrote:ahh. knew it was a krug thing. didnt that was a photo of the event. gosh those folks are purdy.

On the outside, anyway.

(They left a huge mess on the playa, and were part of a Krug marketing campaign.)
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby Simon of the Playa » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:10 am

"Digital Apes" is more like it...

They can go fuck themselves and the frat boy truck they drove in on...

A gift for the Playa
Simon of the Playa

Postby Ugly Dougly » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:01 am

ygmir wrote:
Ano wrote:

right with ya there Ano. being an old single guy, rarely is there a spot for me on the bigger "party barges". Some of the smaller ones are super friendly, but, the big "rave" cars, seem only for sparkle ponies and Frat boys, unless you have an 8 ball and hookers to share.

...I have a feeling that if you had big boobies, they would make room for you. :mrgreen:
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Postby ygmir » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:56 am

mamarily fixated Dougly wrote wrote:.I have a feeling that if you had big boobies, they would make room for you.

you could well be right, Dougly.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Camp Name: qqqq

Postby Simon of the Playa » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:37 pm

i think you are both being rather gender biased.

i got offered rides all week...

A gift for the Playa
Simon of the Playa

PreviousNext

Return to 2013 Theme Camps