SS Tittyhawk-Cargo Carrier

Planning to build and bring a mutant vehicle? Talk about your plans and recruit crew members here.

SS Tittyhawk-Cargo Carrier

Postby videoparker28 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:11 pm

Hello everyone,
I have been building things for the Playa since my first year 6 years ago. Last year I mutated a flat bottom boat into a Hippy Fishing Tour Boat out on the Playa. After playing taxi to several groups all over the PLaya and back, it made me happy to have people on board and give them a conversation. So when I got home I started thinking about how to turn a bus into an aircraft carrier. Then the Theme came out and I know it was meant to be...in my mind at least. Anyway. I have found plans and a design that will work for a school bus to have a strong roof rack with extensions that fold out and attach to struts down to the frame of the bus for support. I traded my old camper and some cash for a 1989 bluebird school bus. So i have the frame, the shop to build it and the know how to do it all with a buddies here. I started a facebooger page for the project. (not sure if I can post it here....is it cool to post other sites here? I just read things here never really post a lot) I had several volunteer for the social media campaigns and they have helped tons by securing a website, twit page, and a couple videos for the project.If it's cool I can post the webpage and fundraiser site once I know if that is ok or not. So now I am trying to get the word out that we are bringing this to the Playa for 2013 and many years to come. We plan on storing it near Reno if possible. In the coming weeks I will be adding to this topic with volunteer ops that we will have if anyone want to help out with on playa setup and break down, spotters mainly for later in week, bar tenders, safety officers, and the list goes on and on. Right now we need designers to put the idea to paper or in a visual form. I see it in my head but I can not draw it out till it is built. We are actively in a fundraiser campaign on a popular website and I plan on having a garage sale in my community to raise funds. I have an 2 seater electric art car from 2008&2011 a paddle boat and several bikes and lots of camping gear I plan on selling to make this dream happen but I DO NEED YOUR HELP. Let me know if I can post my links here asn I will ASAP.
Thank you all for reading my ramble.I hope it is clear. Please ask me questions about whatever and I'll explain more. Burn on folks and here is to 2013-)'(-
videoparker28

Re: SS Tittyhawk-Cargo Carrier

Postby videoparker28 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:46 pm

Someone just wrote a message that hit me and when I read it it changed the was I am think about this project. Here, I'll share what was written. I will not share who but to you, Thank you man.

"I confess, I think it highly appropriate given the theme....

Plus....it's going to be an interesting year insofar as my recently deceased grandfather is concerned. An air craft carrier just might be the best place for what will surely come....emotional cargo. Cargo we must all as a test of wisdom not a test of strength.

Yeah. I'd like to see a Air Craft Carrier out there. It would make a fine backdrop. My aircraft carriers sail on the hidden sea right in front of thee..."--Supporter
videoparker28

Postby trilobyte » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:22 pm

You may care to read the Overview of the ePlaya section of the board. In particular, the article on fundraising is worth paying careful attention to. Good luck with the project.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby videoparker28 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:10 pm

I have now read that. I will do a "fundraiser" topic in the regional page but once fund raiser campaign is done I could still use this thread for updating the project and posting events we have planned and ways to volunteer and no mention of the fund raiser events. I think I got it. ha.
OK
So We have a 1989 School bus we are going to convert to an Aircraft Carrier that will carry the cargo of Black Rock City. More details to come...
videoparker28

Postby renojeff » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:55 pm

Great project
renojeff

Burning Since: 2001

Return to 2013 Mutant Vehicles