Looking for ride from BRC->Reno 9/1

Materials, expertise and rides...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let folks know here.

Looking for ride from BRC->Reno 9/1

Postby TravelingMind » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:32 am

Hi friends!

I'm so excited for my first trip to Burning Man! I am hoping a fellow burner might be able to help me with a ride from BRC to the Reno airport on Sunday 9/1, leaving BRC around 7am. I go to school in Ohio, and my classes begin Tues, Sept. 3rd so I am really depending on making a Sun, Sept 1st 7:00pm flight from Reno. Based on the survival guide, 7am seems like a good time to leave BRC.

I'll bring love, smiles, massages and gas money. Just me and a suitcase :)

Anyone else have similar plans, and room for one more?

Love & Hope from a Burner Virgin,
Nikki
TravelingMind

Burning Since: 2013

Re: Looking for ride from BRC->Reno 9/1

Postby Milayna » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:47 pm

You will very likely be able to find this ride share as the event gets closer. There is a ride share board that is super helpful but it won't open until AT LEAST July. http://rideshare.burningman.com/ I found a round trip ride that fit my schedule (from L.A., Reno should be even easier) just days before gates open last year, and it was relatively easy, I had several people offer me a ride.

You also may want to consider booking an early morning flight on Monday the 2nd because for me leaving the playa and needing to catch a flight in the same day would be nerve-racking. You never know how long your exodus will take, whether you will actually get going by 7am, what kind of accident could back up the freeway, whether your ride share's car could break down, etc. You can get a cheap hotel room in Reno for Sunday night and catch an airport shuttle or even a cab early Monday morning. May even be able to share the cheap hotel room with your ride share. Just some things to consider. :D
Milayna

Return to 2013 Share Resources