If I bought one DTS ticket, can I buy one Individual?

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

If I bought one DTS ticket, can I buy one Individual?

Postby LittleJack » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:21 pm

I looked in the FAQ, but couldn't find an answer to this one. I bought the one ticket I need for myself via the Directed Ticket Sale today (YAY!). However, if finances permit I'd like to purchase a second one during the Individual sale to gift to someone. I have no intention of buying more than the allotted 2 tickets, but since the second one is not for a core member of our group, I didn't feel right buying it as part of the DTS. After last year, I want to ensure that every group has enough for their core members.

I saw the following in the FAQ about buying in the Individual Sale if you bought during the Holiday Sale, but there's nothing about the DTS.

<quote>
Can I purchase a ticket in the Individual Sale if I already purchased one in the Holiday Sale?
Yes. If you already purchased tickets in the Holiday Sale you can purchase up to two (2) tickets in either the individual or OMG sale
</quote>
--------
I like my coffee like I like my women: strong, earthy and full bodied!
LittleJack

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Hushville

Re: If I bought one DTS ticket, can I buy one Individual?

Postby trilobyte » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:23 am

I've just confirmed with the ticket team that no you may not.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby LittleJack » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:50 am

Thanks Trilo, I appreciate you checking. I guess no good deed goes unpunished, eh?
--------
I like my coffee like I like my women: strong, earthy and full bodied!
LittleJack

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Hushville

Postby trilobyte » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:19 pm

You can always either have a campmate or friend buying a single in the Individual Sale pick up an additional ticket for you (make sure they're getting mailed out tickets, since will call orders can not be split up), or you could just help the recipient directly once you make your choice. Get a prepaid debit card in their name so they can participate in one of the sales (depending on when you decide who to help, there's the Individual Sale, STEP, and then the OMG sale). Hope that helps!
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby junglesmacks » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:39 pm

Wow.. that seems kinda lame. So someone chooses not to game the system by not buying more DD tickets than they need.. and gets penalized by not being able to buy an additional one in open sale? Not really following the logic of that policy.

Hey, it's their party.. they can do what they want.. I just don't see the logic in it.
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Camp Name: Your mom's tent

Postby burner von braun » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:04 pm

I greatly admire your integrity LittleJack!
Another early attempt at success
burner von braun

Burning Since: 2010

Postby MyDearFriend » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:26 pm

Well, my best intentions crumbled at that news: I am fairly certain I will qualify for an EMS ticket so, my little group of three Barbie Death Camp DTS people only bought 2 tickets yesterday, thinking that if push came to shove I could get one later. Thanks for the heads-up Trilo!

Just bought the third. Well, my son Puppy did. 8) Will probably have an extra now for those BDC support folks who did not get Profiles up on time. And, it seems there are still DTS tickets available!

Barbie Death Camp will rise from the dust as scheduled, that's what this is about.
Practice Love. Exercise Sex.

"When life seems dangerous and unmanageable, just remember that it is, and that you can't survive forever."
MyDearFriend

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp DREAD PIRATE BARBIE

Return to 2013 Tickets Discussion