East Coast MV Collaborators?

Bikes, trikes, personal mobility and mutant vehicles - this is the place to discuss general transportation issues. For ride and RV shares, please go to Share Resources.

East Coast MV Collaborators?

Postby Ole Shi Ted » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:44 am

Greetings from Virginia! I've got a sculpture studio here with tons of recyclable materials. I used it to build a Dragon art car. After 3 years of operation on the regional level, she finally went home to the Playa. Behold..,.Davina the Dragon...
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Davina-th ... 2354678417
As the opening of MV registration approaches, I'm gearing up to embark on another build. I wonder if there are any creative souls out there interested in collaborating. Perhaps you've got a vision but not the means to bring it to reality. You may have your own monster in development on the east coast and want to share in transportation or lining up off Playa workspace in Nevada. I've got some donor vehicles all sizes and may be able to offer a stripped and fabricated base platform ready for some camp to deck out with lights, skin and sound...possibilities abound.

(this is a longtime burner's first post on the board. too ambitious?)
Ole Shi Ted

Burning Since: 1999

Re: East Coast MV Collaborators?

Postby Rice » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:52 am

Hi Ole Shi Ted, Welcome to ePlaya!!!

No, it does not sound to ambitious at all. Sounds cool to me ;)

Good luck in your quest...
Love Rice

Roach: "I feel like in this day and age, every girl should know how to build a flamethrower."
Rice

Burning Since: 2007

Postby dubz » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:06 am

I LOVE Davina!

I saw her at Transformus in 2011 for the first time, and was delighted to see her at PEX on the playa this last year!!!!
dubz

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Raised by Wolves

Postby trilobyte » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:27 pm

I'm moving this thread over to the Preparation -> Transportation board. The 2013 event boards are more for discussing set plans and announced projects, I think here it stands a better chance of connecting with other possible collaborators. From there you can put your collective heads together and announce your plans on the event board when you're ready.

Good luck with the project, however it takes shape :)
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby mgb327 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:19 pm

Ole Shi Ted, I live out here in Orange County, near Gordonsville. Maybe I should drop over sometime...I am not building anything MV-wise, as the trip across is a daunting venture, I think you will agree. I am quite "mechanically inclined", maybe I could be of some assistance.
Dogs are the leaders of the planet. If you see two life forms, one of them’s making a poop, the other one’s carrying it for him, who would you assume is in charge?
" I am a controlled substance". Savannah.
mgb327

Postby Ole Shi Ted » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:15 am

Just A Little update...The Dragon is pre registered with the DMV. We plan to drive to Reno next week and tune her up at "the Generator" then get on Playa with EAs Wednesday before the week of the burn. See you in the dust!
Ole Shi Ted

Postby Bless » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:02 am

do you have an updated photo of the dragon available to share with us by chance?
Bless

Burning Since: 2012

Postby Ole Shi Ted » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:05 am

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Davina-the-Dragon/220122354678417

Davina's page has the last known pics of her...taken on playa last year. She's been stored in Reno since then and I've been back east creating new monsters. I hope to be able to post pics of tune ups and upgrades in the coming weeks, but as of yet, we are still to be reunited. In the meantime She's gotten a little sister called the Pheonix!

feel free to troll through my pics for more on her and "The Great Shynxter"

[urlhttps://www.facebook.com/christian.breeden/photos][/url]
Ole Shi Ted

Return to Transportation