Amtrak Party in Reno!

All things outside of Burning Man.
Sunbeam56
Burning Since: 2014
Camp Name: Fish OUt of Water Clan

Re: Amtrak Party in Reno!

Post by Sunbeam56 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:58 pm

FIGJAM wrote:When fish yell, do they just blow bigger bubbles? 8)
No - fish only pass bubbles when its a fart. :)
Fish do laugh... it sounds like they are kissing the surface of the water. Of course, you have to work REALLY hard to amuse them. 8)
Let GOOD win!

Sunbeam56
Burning Since: 2014
Camp Name: Fish OUt of Water Clan

Post by Sunbeam56 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:00 pm

You all have a really GREAT time this weekend. Try not to burn down the place. :P

Roark wants to put up Dome Number One. So far away, and yet so close to our hearts. :wink:
Let GOOD win!

winebuff
Burning Since: 2010

Post by winebuff » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:14 pm

Thx Red for hosting this..... Will try to figure out some food item or does a case of Champagne count I am bringing for the brunch :D
Will need Ygmir's suite number via pm pls. As far as playa theme, I will have faux fur.
redvixen wrote:The roving party Saturday nite between the 15th and 17th floor at the Sands is a go for the 17th floor. My suite on the 17th floor will be open to all about 7:30pm. Ygmir, also on the 17th floor, is going to open up his suite as well. Doc can share the room numbers offline or you can PM me. Its BYOB and hopefully some snacks. What's with the 15th floor?

I'm thinking this should be a theme color party so everyone attending from Doc's party group is identifiable (for example, my favs are black, white and red). If that's not possible some playa swag. Any thoughts?

There is also a Facebook page about this event; AMTRAKathon 2013. Hopefully we can get everyone either arriving on the train or meeting at the Sands to check both places for the latest news.

Dr. Pyro
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Post by Dr. Pyro » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:28 pm

I'll be in my tuxedo, black with white shirt, red vest, bow tie, and bout. But what about 5:00? If I pass out getting off of the train you may never get me resuscitated.

ygmir
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:41 pm

I don't remember my suite number..........just look for buzzards circling, I guess.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

winebuff

Post by winebuff » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:42 pm

I am liking the earlier time too. Possible?

Dr. Pyro wrote:I'll be in my tuxedo, black with white shirt, red vest, bow tie, and bout. But what about 5:00? If I pass out getting off of the train you may never get me resuscitated.

oneeyeddick
Burning Since: 1996

Post by oneeyeddick » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:47 pm

When asked yesterday "What is the Playa surface like?", a local responded>

"Wellllll. It snowed Christmas & we still have the same snow on the ground. About 5". It has not been above freezing in Gerlach since Christmas. We have subzero temps every night & beautiful pogo nip that glistens & shimmers in the morning sunlight. Actually as I write this at 1PM its 15 degrees & there is still some frost on the trees because its so cold the sunlight is not melting it. Locals haven't seen thus in about 30 years. We are still in drought mode so will have to see if we get any late winter or early spring storms??"
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.

MyDearFriend
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp THIRTEENTH BARBIE

Post by MyDearFriend » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:03 am

Sounds fantastic so far... SNOW in Gerlach, yay!

I would def. like a stop at Bruno's each way, gosh, maybe for coffee on the way in (Irish coffee?) and a taste of Bruno's famous ravioli on the way out? Playing in snow is like swimming for me, always makes me feel ravenous. Actually hot chocolate with brandy might do me if there is lots of it. 8)

Doc & Winebuff: I am expecting the 15th floor to erupt with music as soon as I find Elorrum 8) which I hope to be about 4:31 or as soon as we get there. Moonrise sez he will meet us at the train station. Please come and dance with us while we wait for the sweet suite party to get rolling up on 17.

Can't say that I will be in official colors but, I still have my Point One pass on my wrist (clipped there at EMS check-in), will that do??? Oh yeah and 2 Magic Marty medallions, one from Trilo, one from Shambala... if they can't get me in, I will sulk downstairs in the bar. :lol:

Edited to add: (((Lucky))) congrats & sympathy, gosh. Looking forward to seeing you Saturday and Sunday brunch, anyway!!!
"BTW I'm not your wife so don't lie to me." -Ratty

graidawg
Camp Name: CAMP Hooker

Post by graidawg » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:54 am

MyDearFriend wrote:Sounds fantastic so far... SNOW in Gerlach, yay!

I would def. like a stop at Bruno's each way, gosh, maybe for coffee on the way in (Irish coffee?) and a taste of Bruno's famous ravioli on the way out? Playing in snow is like swimming for me, always makes me feel ravenous. Actually hot chocolate with brandy might do me if there is lots of it. 8)

Doc & Winebuff: I am expecting the 15th floor to erupt with music as soon as I find Elorrum 8) which I hope to be about 4:20 or as soon as we get there. Moonrise sez he will meet us at the train station. Please come and dance with us while we wait for the sweet suite party to get rolling up on 17.

Can't say that I will be in official colors but, I still have my Point One pass on my wrist (clipped there at EMS check-in), will that do??? Oh yeah and 2 Magic Marty medallions, one from Trilo, one from Shambala... if they can't get me in, I will sulk downstairs in the bar. :lol:

Edited to add: (((Lucky))) congrats & sympathy, gosh. Looking forward to seeing you Saturday and Sunday brunch, anyway!!!
fixed the time for you MDF
FREE THE SHERPAS
Burners with torches is right and natural and just.-fishy.
CATCH AND RELEASE.

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:24 am

I got a response from the Enterprise complaint system, it's been "scaled up", but not sure if that'll help.
Do, in the event of no 15 passenger, do you all want to just take what cars we have, or, rent two vans?
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

winebuff

Post by winebuff » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:10 am

I am open Yggy. Work has been kicking my butt so havent had any time to dig deeper. Mdf, I will be at the train station too to meet all you drunken burners. Just save a bit of partying for us who couldnt make it on the train. :D

I will have a faux fur lynx coat at the train station. Decided to leave my big name tag at home this trip and keep it for the M and G on the playa. I think Triken is going to the train station too to meet u guys right? Triken? One eyed Dick, do u think the drive up to Gerlach we would need chains with the weather?

lucky420
Burning Since: 2023
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:16 am

No you will not need chains at all on the drive up to Gerlach unless we get a major freak snowstorm and then you probably wouldn't want to drive up there at all.

It's been really cold out there but the roads are dry and clear
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Patsh

Post by Patsh » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:31 am

winebuff wrote:I am open Yggy. Work has been kicking my butt so havent had any time to dig deeper. Mdf, I will be at the train station too to meet all you drunken burners. Just save a bit of partying for us who couldnt make it on the train. :D

I will have a faux fur lynx coat at the train station. Decided to leave my big name tag at home this trip and keep it for the M and G on the playa. I think Triken is going to the train station too to meet u guys right? Triken? One eyed Dick, do u think the drive up to Gerlach we would need chains with the weather?
Yes, indeed, I'll be there! :mrgreen:
formerly, Triken

keep on triken' Mamma!
Triken' ma blues away....

Theatre is Life
Cinema is Art
Television is Furniture

winebuff

Post by winebuff » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:32 am

Just talked to Bell Limo service. They have a 24 person passenger van that would provide a driver to take us up there from 2pm-9pm. PM me for specifics. A option I guess.

winebuff

Post by winebuff » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:36 am

Do we have a head count for sure who is going to Gerlach? Can u post here pls if you are intending on going and how many in your party to Gerlach? That way we can see how much it will be either way? Thx!

Patsh

Post by Patsh » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:46 am

winebuff wrote:Do we have a head count for sure who is going to Gerlach? Can u post here pls if you are intending on going and how many in your party to Gerlach? That way we can see how much it will be either way? Thx!
Two, here...
formerly, Triken

keep on triken' Mamma!
Triken' ma blues away....

Theatre is Life
Cinema is Art
Television is Furniture

winebuff

Post by winebuff » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:50 am

We can also rent 2 minivans for roughly $150 a piece, total $300 with 2 drivers needed. Lets see how many people are going to Gerlach......Thoughts?

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:52 am

I'm going. if I'm not sick (sniffling and sore throat this morning.......dang).

my one issue with a "limo" is I get motion sickness, and if not driving, have to ride "shotgun".....well usually anyway.

two vans is also ok for me.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

lucky420
Burning Since: 2023
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:54 am

Not going
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

winebuff

Post by winebuff » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:06 am

Ok, the best deal I got for 2 minivans which will fit 7 peeps each is with Dollar and Thrifty with a coupon code for each. I have the codes. PM me for specifics. Does anyone else want to drive the other van? Yggy will drive one. I believe we can book this last minute so maybe even see who is going on Sat and book it then once we get an exact head count. I will bring my ipad and the info with discount codes with me.....

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:25 am

winebuff wrote:Ok, the best deal I got for 2 minivans which will fit 7 peeps each is with Dollar and Thrifty with a coupon code for each. I have the codes. PM me for specifics. Does anyone else want to drive the other van? Yggy will drive one. I believe we can book this last minute so maybe even see who is going on Sat and book it then once we get an exact head count. I will bring my ipad and the info with discount codes with me.....

yer a doll..............
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

littleflower

Post by littleflower » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:29 am

Thanks for working on this Winebuff, it's so sweet of you.

I am going, and will drive if no one else wants to ..... actually, i'd be happy to drive out there, if someone wouldn't mind driving back.

winebuff

Post by winebuff » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:01 am

no worries. Sooo, we have 6 so far and counting.....anyone else? Guess snow will be a factor drinving up as posted above. Can book last minute so no worries if it cant happen cuz of weather

me
Ygmir
Triken and Andy
MDF
Little Flower

littleflower wrote:Thanks for working on this Winebuff, it's so sweet of you.

I am going, and will drive if no one else wants to ..... actually, i'd be happy to drive out there, if someone wouldn't mind driving back.
Last edited by winebuff on Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

Bounce530
Camp Name: BRC Guardian Landing pad

Post by Bounce530 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:04 am

According to NWS, there's a 50% chance of snow in Gerlach this Sunday.
What other people think about you is none of your business.

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:33 am

unless it's some big ole dumper, the light blowing snow isn't much of an issue, just be cold.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

Elorrum

Post by Elorrum » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:26 pm

winebuff wrote:no worries. Sooo, we have 6 so far and counting.....anyone else? Guess snow will be a factor drinving up as posted above. Can book last minute so no worries if it cant happen cuz of weather

me
Ygmir
Triken and Andy
MDF
Little Flower
Elorrum.
”On second thought, Let’s not go to Camelot. It’s a silly place.”
Roll on through, Tumbleweed.

winebuff

Post by winebuff » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:30 pm

we have 7 so far and counting.....anyone else? Guess snow will be a factor drinving up as posted above. Can book last minute so no worries if it cant happen cuz of weather

me
Ygmir
Triken and Andy
MDF
Little Flower
Elorrum.

MyDearFriend
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp THIRTEENTH BARBIE

Post by MyDearFriend » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:57 pm

winebuff wrote:we have 7 so far and counting.....anyone else? Guess snow will be a factor drinving up as posted above. Can book last minute so no worries if it cant happen cuz of weather

me
Ygmir
Triken and Andy
MDF
Little Flower
Elorrum.
I would guess, also:

TinkerMom
Moonrise
"BTW I'm not your wife so don't lie to me." -Ratty

Dr. Pyro
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Post by Dr. Pyro » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:08 pm

Oh great. Let's have a party and make sure Doc can't attend. I hate you people.

TinkerMom
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity @ 404 Not Found

Post by TinkerMom » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:44 pm

Dr. Pyro wrote:Oh great. Let's have a party and make sure Doc can't attend. I hate you people.
Hey!! You get to ride the choo choo!!!!

Most likely I will be going on the van trip.

And I am a good snow driver, if needed.
....the password is pineapple.........

Just throw it on the fire! It will kill it or cure it!!

Return to “Open Discussion”