Amtrak Party in Reno!

All things outside of Burning Man.

Re: Amtrak Party in Reno!

Postby winebuff » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:27 pm

Great idea. Does anyone have a Nevada entertainment book by chance? I will
surf around now and see what I can come up with.

BoyScoutGirl wrote:If I might butt in for a moment to suggest perhaps looking for a rental agency coupon online. Coupons might not apply to 15 passenger vans, but if one does you could get as much as 25% off the rate, plus reduced mileage costs. One such online coupon worked very well among box truck campers last August...

[/[b]
User avatar
winebuff
 
Posts: 762
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:38 pm
Location: Oregon
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity at BDC

Re: Amtrak Party in Reno!

Postby winebuff » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:05 pm

Do we know exactly how many are going? I found a Avis full size van on priceline and also Orbitz. Roughly the same price but Orbitz may let us use a coupon that will give us 20% off lower. The price on orbitz is $149.99 plus taxes which equals $203.77. Says it seats 13 people

Priceline was $142.49 plus taxes at $193.80. Says it seats 12 people.

The coupon is online for 20% off and here is the link which give instructions on where to enter the code in 2 places http://www.retailmenot.com/view/avis.com
User avatar
winebuff
 
Posts: 762
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:38 pm
Location: Oregon
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity at BDC

Re: Amtrak Party in Reno!

Postby oneeyeddick » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:15 pm

If that many of you plan on dropping in on Bruno at once this late in the season on a Sunday, you should call ahead and let him know.
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
User avatar
oneeyeddick
 
Posts: 5588
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:08 pm
Location: Probably in your pants
Burning Since: 1996

Re: Amtrak Party in Reno!

Postby Dr. Pyro » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:28 am

ATTENTION BARGAIN HUNTERS!!! One of our couples need to back out of the Amtrak trip (they are not burners) and has offered their two-person space for the bargain-basement price of $200. PM me if interested.
User avatar
Dr. Pyro
 
Posts: 3670
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:11 am
Location: Newcastle, CA
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Re: Amtrak Party in Reno!

Postby winebuff » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:31 am

Wow, killer deal!

Dr. Pyro wrote:ATTENTION BARGAIN HUNTERS!!! One of our couples need to back out of the Amtrak trip (they are not burners) and has offered their two-person space for the bargain-basement price of $200. PM me if interested.
User avatar
winebuff
 
Posts: 762
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:38 pm
Location: Oregon
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity at BDC

Re: Amtrak Party in Reno!

Postby ygmir » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:34 am

oneeyeddick wrote:If that many of you plan on dropping in on Bruno at once this late in the season on a Sunday, you should call ahead and let him know.


you think 15 is too many?
Would you have his number, off hand? Or I'm sure I can google it?
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
User avatar
ygmir
 
Posts: 25992
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:36 pm
Location: nevada county
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Re: Amtrak Party in Reno!

Postby winebuff » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:38 am

How many of you are planning on mtg the train when they arrive?
User avatar
winebuff
 
Posts: 762
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:38 pm
Location: Oregon
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity at BDC

Re: Amtrak Party in Reno!

Postby lucky420 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:46 am

What time does it get in again? Most likely I will and whoever else is with me at the time, my daughter, tink, triken?
You want to? Are we maybe meeting up for a drink Friday night or no? I'll send you my phone #
Oh my god, it's HUGE!
User avatar
lucky420
 
Posts: 4180
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:47 am
Location: Reno, NV
Burning Since: I'm not sure
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Re: Amtrak Party in Reno!

Postby MyDearFriend » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:48 am

ygmir wrote:
oneeyeddick wrote:If that many of you plan on dropping in on Bruno at once this late in the season on a Sunday, you should call ahead and let him know.


you think 15 is too many?
Would you have his number, off hand? Or I'm sure I can google it?


I can google, too, and glad I did because there is lots of good information there.

And oh yeah the number: (775) 557-2220
Practice Love. Exercise Sex.

"When life seems dangerous and unmanageable, just remember that it is, and that you can't survive forever."
User avatar
MyDearFriend
 
Posts: 3097
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:22 am
Location: Washington, DC
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp DREAD PIRATE BARBIE

Re: Amtrak Party in Reno!

Postby ygmir » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:50 am

MyDearFriend wrote:
ygmir wrote:
oneeyeddick wrote:If that many of you plan on dropping in on Bruno at once this late in the season on a Sunday, you should call ahead and let him know.


you think 15 is too many?
Would you have his number, off hand? Or I'm sure I can google it?


I can google, too, and glad I did because there is lots of good information there.

And oh yeah the number: (775) 557-2220

thanks MDF.
I'll try to remember as we get closer, to call with a "heads up".
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
User avatar
ygmir
 
Posts: 25992
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:36 pm
Location: nevada county
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Re: Amtrak Party in Reno!

Postby Patsh » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:02 am

lucky420 wrote:What time does it get in again? Most likely I will and whoever else is with me at the time, my daughter, tink, triken?
You want to? Are we maybe meeting up for a drink Friday night or no? I'll send you my phone #


4:30 ish, IIRC, and yes, I hope to be among the welcoming party!
formerly, Triken

keep on triken' Mamma!
Triken' ma blues away....
.


Theatre is Life
Cinema is Art
Television is Furniture
User avatar
Patsh
 
Posts: 1210
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:48 pm
Location: Jerome, Arizona

Re: Amtrak Party in Reno!

Postby MyDearFriend » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:18 am

Triken wrote:
lucky420 wrote:What time does it get in again? Most likely I will and whoever else is with me at the time, my daughter, tink, triken?
You want to? Are we maybe meeting up for a drink Friday night or no? I'll send you my phone #


4:30 ish, IIRC, and yes, I hope to be among the welcoming party!


It will be so great to see you all, and oh gosh Sadie too????

*happy dance*
Practice Love. Exercise Sex.

"When life seems dangerous and unmanageable, just remember that it is, and that you can't survive forever."
User avatar
MyDearFriend
 
Posts: 3097
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:22 am
Location: Washington, DC
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp DREAD PIRATE BARBIE

Re: Amtrak Party in Reno!

Postby Dr. Pyro » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:20 am

The train is due to pull into Reno at 4:06 p.m. Hopefully a few people will be at the station to help carry our drunked asses and ice chests to the Sands. Everyone else will arrive at the Sands by 4:30 (unless they taxi it).
User avatar
Dr. Pyro
 
Posts: 3670
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:11 am
Location: Newcastle, CA
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Re: Amtrak Party in Reno!

Postby winebuff » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:49 am

I would like to meet you guys at the train if possible. Friday. I was thinking I better spend some time with the hubby since we dont get in until 8pm but we could still meet with him if u want at the hotel. Send me your cell and we can figure it out. Trying to divide my time between family and playa peeps.
I will send my cell number as well
lucky420 wrote:What time does it get in again? Most likely I will and whoever else is with me at the time, my daughter, tink, triken?
You want to? Are we maybe meeting up for a drink Friday night or no? I'll send you my phone #
User avatar
winebuff
 
Posts: 762
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:38 pm
Location: Oregon
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity at BDC

Re: Amtrak Party in Reno!

Postby moonrise » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:19 am

I'm back! :D

I called the Sands and asked about hours for the spa-tub & sauna. Currently the hours are 6am to 9pm, but the gal told me if we ask they might leave it open later for our group. She also told me the Sands is currently very slow, so we might have the run of the place, we hope!
I'm the MAN in a truck, burner who is stuck, you're in luck! I'll whip out my BIG tow chain and not charge you, not even one lousy buck!
User avatar
moonrise
 
Posts: 2144
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:07 pm
Location: Silver Circle; Reno, Tahoe, Vegas

Re: Amtrak Party in Reno!

Postby MyDearFriend » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:00 am

moonrise wrote:I'm back! :D

I called the Sands and asked about hours for the spa-tub & sauna. Currently the hours are 6am to 9pm, but the gal told me if we ask they might leave it open later for our group. She also told me the Sands is currently very slow, so we might have the run of the place, we hope!


Wow, I haven't been inside a sauna in ages, I would love that...
Practice Love. Exercise Sex.

"When life seems dangerous and unmanageable, just remember that it is, and that you can't survive forever."
User avatar
MyDearFriend
 
Posts: 3097
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:22 am
Location: Washington, DC
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp DREAD PIRATE BARBIE

Re: Amtrak Party in Reno!

Postby winebuff » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:52 am

Who is meeting the train? Want to meet at the train station or at Sands first for a drink then go over? Not sure if there
is a bar close to it to meet and have a drink first. We will need it with these party animals!
User avatar
winebuff
 
Posts: 762
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:38 pm
Location: Oregon
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity at BDC

Re: Amtrak Party in Reno!

Postby winebuff » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:39 am

User avatar
winebuff
 
Posts: 762
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:38 pm
Location: Oregon
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity at BDC

Re: Amtrak Party in Reno!

Postby ygmir » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:27 pm

ok, I'm doing something wrong. I can't get an answer on a van from Enterprise. They keep saying "well call back in an hour"...every day.

anyone?

I'll try around, but if anyone is better at this than me......
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
User avatar
ygmir
 
Posts: 25992
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:36 pm
Location: nevada county
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Re: Amtrak Party in Reno!

Postby winebuff » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:08 am

Yggy, I sent you the link for Alamo I believe. Let me work on it later today. I have to work for awhile today but can find it again. So how many people do we have going? Van for 12 ? 15?

ygmir wrote:ok, I'm doing something wrong. I can't get an answer on a van from Enterprise. They keep saying "well call back in an hour"...every day.

anyone?

I'll try around, but if anyone is better at this than me......
User avatar
winebuff
 
Posts: 762
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:38 pm
Location: Oregon
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity at BDC

Re: Amtrak Party in Reno!

Postby winebuff » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:20 am

Avis sold out on the van. Still trying.
User avatar
winebuff
 
Posts: 762
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:38 pm
Location: Oregon
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity at BDC

Re: Amtrak Party in Reno!

Postby ygmir » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:27 am

I"d say 15 WB. or even if bigger it's ok, a little extra room never hurts.
Thanks
I've written a focused letter of disappointment to Enterprise, hoping to escalate this.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
User avatar
ygmir
 
Posts: 25992
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:36 pm
Location: nevada county
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Re: Amtrak Party in Reno!

Postby winebuff » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:47 am

Avis was sold out but I posted an ad on Reno Craigslist asking for help finding one. I am wondering, hmmmm, how about renting a limo and going up there myabe. I would think it couldnt be more than $50 a person and we could go in style. Want me to check that too?
I will let you know if anyone answers back on the craigslist ad. My inlaws live in Reno so will ask them too or maybe Lucky knows something we are missing.


ygmir wrote:I"d say 15 WB. or even if bigger it's ok, a little extra room never hurts.
Thanks
I've written a focused letter of disappointment to Enterprise, hoping to escalate this.
User avatar
winebuff
 
Posts: 762
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:38 pm
Location: Oregon
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity at BDC

Re: Amtrak Party in Reno!

Postby ygmir » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:59 am

do limos hold that many?
and, I'd think, they might be hesitant to go too close to the playa.

if the van thing does not work, I'm pretty sure we have enough private cars to take everyone, anyway.
Thanks for helping, WB.
I'll hope to hear back on Tuesday from Enterprise. Maybe upper management will get my note and help us out.

haha who wants to test drive a big RV?............. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
User avatar
ygmir
 
Posts: 25992
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:36 pm
Location: nevada county
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Re: Amtrak Party in Reno!

Postby FIGJAM » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:11 am

If there are any big players in the group, or have a lot of reward credits with a casino in the area, the casino may be very accomidating in arranging the use of one of thier shuttles as a comp.

I've found that there is almost nothing they won't do for a loyal customer.

If it was the hayday of MY gaming experiance, I know I could have arranged it.

Doc does a lot for the Sands with his "specials" for us.

Maybe if he made a simple request?
Last edited by FIGJAM on Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
User avatar
FIGJAM
 
Posts: 7075
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:39 am
Location: apache junction az.

Re: Amtrak Party in Reno!

Postby Elorrum » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:11 am

ygmir wrote:do limos hold that many?
and, I'd think, they might be hesitant to go too close to the playa.

if the van thing does not work, I'm pretty sure we have enough private cars to take everyone, anyway.
Thanks for helping, WB.
I'll hope to hear back on Tuesday from Enterprise. Maybe upper management will get my note and help us out.

haha who wants to test drive a big RV?............. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I wish you could bring the frankencamper base vehicle.... :|
I assigned myself music machine. Still have a little car that will seat 4-5.
Last edited by Elorrum on Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
What's the name of the act? The Aristocrats.
User avatar
Elorrum
 
Posts: 4479
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:09 pm
Location: San Jose, CA

Re: Amtrak Party in Reno!

Postby FIGJAM » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:14 am

Or ask any big casino who to call for the rental.

THEY WILL KNOW THE CONNECTION!!! 8)
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
User avatar
FIGJAM
 
Posts: 7075
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:39 am
Location: apache junction az.

Re: Amtrak Party in Reno!

Postby ygmir » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:01 am

I asked at the Sands, and they just said to call Enterprise.............
Doc is probably the only "high roller" we have, maybe he has pull.

yeah, elorrum the fire truck would be good, but dang cold for the poor folks in the back!!
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
User avatar
ygmir
 
Posts: 25992
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:36 pm
Location: nevada county
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Re: Amtrak Party in Reno!

Postby patent_pending » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:38 am

Jax McSqueeze and I are hoping to get a room after all. Plans change, doncha know. Anyhow, since it looks like there's WAY more action here on this ePlaya discussion than on FB, does anyone (Doc Pyro) know if there's still a room at the Sands?
User avatar
patent_pending
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:40 pm
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Celestial Bodies

Re: Amtrak Party in Reno!

Postby ygmir » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:44 am

Doc had an extra ticket for the whole train trip. not sure if he still does.
otherwise, simple call the Sands. I'd bet they still have rooms somewhere at least. Maybe not the same floor, not sure.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
User avatar
ygmir
 
Posts: 25992
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:36 pm
Location: nevada county
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

PreviousNext

Return to Open Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests