Fuck!

All things outside of Burning Man.

Re: Fuck!

Postby Jax Dee » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:27 am

The fucking cars are broken down AGAIN, FUCK, mine is small and easy to fix, my wonderful Daddy has already got the parts...BUT after dropping literally thousands in the boyfriend's jeep over the last few months, it just DIED. Needs whole engine rebuild. Fuck a bunch of that. So we have to just try to sell it and get maybe a little towards the $2000 still owed on it, and somehow with awful credit manage to get a new car asap. He's using mine right now, but he's a paramedic, we have a kid, and it's winter and the kiddo can't walk to school anymore. We have some lovely neighbors helping us out with the kid's rides for now but that can't be a perm solution. Fuck my life. We NEED a second car. If anyone has any suggestions as to how two people with literally the worst credit ever can get a car loan without getting raped I'd love to hear it. And no we don't have anyone who can cosign. We are slowly repairing his credit and I am going for bankruptcy but that is way off still. Guess we are gonna have to try and juggle something. FUCK FUCK FUCK. And ((hugs)) for everyone else's fucks. Sounds like there is some awful shit goin on and I hope all is well with everyone.
May All Beings Be Well
May All Beings Be Happy
May All Beings Be Free From Suffering
-Buddhist Blessing
Jax Dee

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Dye With Dignity

Postby cowboyangel » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:34 am

eff u see kay

this is nuts. I guess BM wants to go elitist....oh well
http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Burning-Man-tickets-to-go-on-sale-for-380-4170154.php
"We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believe is false."- William Casey, CIA Director 1981
cowboyangel

Postby delle » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:47 pm

Elitist?

Its $10 less per ticket than I paid last year..... ....and last year I had to pay the $29 shipping charge for EACH, so actually a savings of just about $50.

(then I didn't even get to go. Now THERE'S a fuck!!!)
He soars not high who fears to fall
delle

Postby maryanimal » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:07 pm

First off, hugs for(( everyone)) having fucks going on in your lives.

I must have eaten something bad. Im feeling so fucking sick to my stomach...ack...and I have a small fever. Ah, one of lifes little pleasures...
Sometimes I'm confused by what I think is really obvious. But what I think is really obvious obviously isn't obvious.
maryanimal

Burning Since: 2011

Postby cowboyangel » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:55 pm

01100110 01110101 01100011 01101011 00100000 01100011 01111001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01110011 00001010
"We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believe is false."- William Casey, CIA Director 1981
cowboyangel

Postby maryanimal » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:32 am

cowboyangel wrote:01100110 01110101 01100011 01101011 00100000 01100011 01111001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01110011 00001010

Hey! Those are my winning lotto numbers!!

Fuck! :D
Sometimes I'm confused by what I think is really obvious. But what I think is really obvious obviously isn't obvious.
maryanimal

Postby Sail Man » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:51 am

Fuck! I have a butt scopy today. I hope it's more fun then the prep day I had yesterday. :shock:
Excuse me Ma'am, your going to feel a small prick.

Algorithms never survive the first thirty seconds of patient contact
Sail Man

Camp Name: Kidsville: Delicious

Postby MyDearFriend » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:18 am

Fuck, Sail Man, but good on you for going through with it. The scope should be no problem, sleep right through it... :lol:
Practice Love. Exercise Sex.

"When life seems dangerous and unmanageable, just remember that it is, and that you can't survive forever."
MyDearFriend

Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp DREAD PIRATE BARBIE

Postby AntiM » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:27 am

If you're through the prep, the worst is over. Have a nice fucking nap, wake up, fart a lot. Ask for pictures to share.
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby Rice » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:48 am

Well FUCK! My son woke me up this morning to tell me that the ceiling in the kitchen corner is warping down and has water dripping from it. When I took a look there was about 3/4 inch of water in my mop bucket from the dripping. . . From what I can tell, it might be from my tub/taps in the washroom directly upstairs.

{Sigh} So, phone call to landord was made.

I hope the maintenance dude makes it to my place before that portion of the ceiling collapses!!

--
It is also a bit cool here today -22C (-7F) which is -34C (-29F) with the wind chill... Supposed to get a bit colder by Saturday! On Tuesday it will be 3C (37F). Stupid large weather fluctuations give me migraines {grumble} - seems to be worse when it warms up verses cooling off.

the fucks today are mild and frankly easy compared to some. Keepin toasty!!
Love Rice

Roach: "I feel like in this day and age, every girl should know how to build a flamethrower."
Rice

Burning Since: 2007

Postby TinkerMom » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:12 pm

So my fucks for the week end....

The kids tore up the motor in their car, so got another from a junk yard. Almost got the old one out,
when I decided to look into the newer one. Something told me to take it apart. The fucking thing was
frozen solid in the block along with missing gaskets and a ton of other stuff. So put together the original
and rigged it to get them on the road till summer.
Now I have a fucking frozen block in my man cave. But, with a little love I will get it going better and
stronger then it was originally.

My other fuck......

My ailing dad, has been diagnosed with advanced parkinsons. I can deal with that, but, he is in the fucking
stages of hallucinations. Calls me on his cell to mine, (he is in the next room) to tell me some one is
trying to break into his window. Two or three times a night, he does this. I go look and tell him no.

But, now I am more exhausted then I was before. Fuck.

So is life, but oh well. It keeps going.
....the password is pineapple.........

Just throw it on the fire! It will kill it or cure it!!
TinkerMom

Camp Name: Dye with Dignity BDC

Postby Savannah » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:16 pm

Aw, TinkerMom. I'm so sorry about your Dad.
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby ygmir » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:37 pm

awe Fuck, Tink!!
dang the engine stuff..........but more dang the dad stuff. If you ever have thought about listening to my advice, please, take fuckin care of yourself!!
you know, in his "right mind" you dad would not want you to run yourself into the fucking ground. Get, ask, and accept help. it's there for you.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby TinkerMom » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:08 pm

Thanks y'all!

Ya, Yiggy, that's why I'm going to fucking Reno!!

We will chat there, yes?

TinkerMom

Postby ygmir » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:17 pm

fucking yes,Tink.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby MyDearFriend » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:23 pm

Yes we will chat in Reno, TinkerMom! But don't wait until then to get a good night's sleep. My mom gets on the fucking phone in the middle of the night too. :? She has Alzheimer's. We pay her grandkids to stay overnight, give their parents a break, now that I have finally convinced my sister that it's better to have the kids working for us than waiting tables or fucking babysitting, sheesh, the neighbors can fend for themselves. And no the kids can't fucking do it for free, they need to be earning money. Fortunately my mom has money, which is now in a trust for her care. Whew.
Practice Love. Exercise Sex.

"When life seems dangerous and unmanageable, just remember that it is, and that you can't survive forever."
MyDearFriend

Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp DREAD PIRATE BARBIE

Postby ygmir » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:30 pm

trusts are fucking brilliant!!
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby Savannah » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:44 pm

MyDearFriend wrote:Yes we will chat in Reno, TinkerMom! But don't wait until then to get a good night's sleep. My mom gets on the fucking phone in the middle of the night too. :? She has Alzheimer's. We pay her grandkids to stay overnight, give their parents a break, now that I have finally convinced my sister that it's better to have the kids working for us than waiting tables or fucking babysitting, sheesh, the neighbors can fend for themselves. And no the kids can't fucking do it for free, they need to be earning money. Fortunately my mom has money, which is now in a trust for her care. Whew.

That's clever, MDF.

Yeah, I personally don't see anything wrong with paying the grandkids. If they were babysitting nieces and nephews, it would be fair to pay them; looking after an elder is comparable work (if obviously different in some ways).
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby Sail Man » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:27 pm

AntiM wrote:If you're through the prep, the worst is over. Have a nice fucking nap, wake up, fart a lot. Ask for pictures to share.

MDF and AntiM, you both werent kidding I was lying down waiting my turn and heard the Dr telling the next guy over the hard part was over and just to relax, the rest is easy peasy and damn if he wasn't right! That Propofol is some good shit mon, and didn't have that groggy after effects like other shit I've tried ;)
I tried the lemon lime flavor in my prep, and added a bit of margarita mix to it to give it some flavor. Eventually some tequila made it's way into the mix as well, I have no Fucking idea how that happened ;)

Sail Man

Postby Sail Man » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:36 pm

Fuck TinkerMom, Parkinsons is a hard disease to dal with, maybe more so for the family and caregivers. Hard to do sometimes, but try and get the rest you need
Last time I was up north, early December, went to my Dad's. He didn't know who I was, even after showing him my drivers license. He wasn't like that the last time I was there. His Dr thinks it's no big deal. I say bullshit. His brother died from Alzheimers. My brother has Medical POA so he is trying to work things with his Doc to get some more testing done. But until then, Dad just stays in his condo, goes out for ev meal and watches the idiot box.

Sail Man

Postby unjonharley » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:57 pm

Sail Man wrote:Fuck TinkerMom, Parkinsons is a hard disease to dal with, maybe more so for the family and caregivers. Hard to do sometimes, but try and get the rest you need
Last time I was up north, early December, went to my Dad's. He didn't know who I was, even after showing him my drivers license. He wasn't like that the last time I was there. His Dr thinks it's no big deal. I say bullshit. His brother died from Alzheimers. My brother has Medical POA so he is trying to work things with his Doc to get some more testing done. But until then, Dad just stays in his condo, goes out for ev meal and watches the idiot box.

When I don't know the kids.. I want to go into a care home.. Let then fucking deal with it.. The kids say no way.. The VA wont diagnose me, But they treat me for Parkinson with one of the triptylines. I think I have a few years of Burning Man left in me..
unjonharley

Postby ygmir » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:10 pm

fuckin "atta boy" UJH!!

and fuck, Sailman.....sorry about your dad, and bro.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby TinkerMom » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:36 pm

Thanks all!!
Fucking parkinsons!!

We go tomorrow to see what all new meds he will get.
Hopefully, something to put him into some kind of good
groove. And this new Dr. might sign a paper to insist on a home nurse.
That will help me a lot!
I will not put him in a home. It killed his brother, and it hurt his feelings.
Not on my watch, will that happen again.

The fucking kids moved in over Xmas, and won't help in any way.
Either will the spouse. Fuck.

Tomorrow should be a good day.

Unjon, may the dust heal you!!

TinkerMom

Postby Elorrum » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:45 pm

Ah Fuck the whole taking care of parents. Here's the thing: even if you give all you can, you still feel like you aren't doing it enough, or right. When people are not related to the person needing care, I don't think they have that same component of failing somehow. I think I would rather be in a place with a lot of people, eating meals together, and planning shenanigans. My mother had her own apartment in an assisted living situation not far from us, until she really needed around the clock supervision (night adventures, hallucinations) Um well. Fuck. I know she didn't want her end of life situation to be the ruin of my sister and I, though she forgot... You try to be reasonable and not get sucked under, but you learn to hold your breath longer than is good for you as well. Seriously, I'm still getting over it. Take turns, if you can, find a friend with a spare room you can crash in and just get out of the house for a night. REEEEEENOOOOO!!!
What's the name of the act? The Aristocrats.
Elorrum

Postby TinkerMom » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:05 pm

Elorrum!!!

Yes, Fucking Reno!!

I do have a friend that comes over on the weekends. He bathes dad and sits and chats
with him, and watches westerns with him.

And, I do have mini vacations almost once a month to get away.

I love my property, I have my camp trailer parked all the way to the back. So I
can "camp out" sometimes. :lol:

TinkerMom

Postby lucky420 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:13 pm

((Tink)) You might want to make it a condition of the kids living there that they help out with your dad or at least do other chores to help relieve your load.
Oh my god, it's HUGE!
lucky420

Burning Since: I'm not sure
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Postby unjonharley » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:25 pm

Hey gang, If you are taking care of a parent,You called a natural provider.. So there is no allowance pay.. Only outside providers are payed for home care..

Grandfather was adopted into our family 53 years ago.. The kids natural grandfathers were drunks.. The VA is going to rent him a apartment with a care giver.. My next to the youngest boy is moving in to take care of him..

We just came home from his 87th birthday dinner.. His mind is shape but his legs are fuck
unjonharley

Postby TinkerMom » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:30 pm

lucky420 wrote:((Tink)) You might want to make it a condition of the kids living there that they help out with your dad or at least do other chores to help relieve your load.

Thanks Lucky, but I have pretty much broken every dish in the house throwing them
at them to get a hint. (Which they aren't getting) Their days are fucking numbered.

TinkerMom

Postby lucky420 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:32 pm

Are you talking about Medicaid uj? I know that spouses can't get paid for taking care of a loved one. Even if that means they will have no income because they need to be the full time caregiver. You can find waiver programs for some Medicaid help though

So sorry to hear that Tink...
Oh my god, it's HUGE!
lucky420

Burning Since: I'm not sure
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:38 pm

A general fuck.
And an observation. Parkinson's and Alzheimer's seem to be mixed up in this fucking conversation.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

PreviousNext

Return to Open Discussion