Burning Man 2013 Tickets Info

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Re: Burning Man 2013 Tickets Info

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:45 pm

fhaver--International Incident is just a member of the board, no one in any sort of authority, so you can choose to ignore it as some ass with an opinion.
After saying that, I'm going to say that International Incident contributes to the board and to the event and I'm just thrilled she's booked her flight. To add some depth to that understanding of her remark, I'm going to offer up that she was here last year with the Ticketing Trauma, and that many of us who were still bear the scars. It's not a good reason to come down hard on newbs, but it is human.

I'm Fishy, and, as is rather evident, I'm loyal to my friends. Right now you are caught on the bad side of that, but stick around, make half a dozen posts in one of the looser discussion threads, and I'll think we went to nursery school together.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby dragonpilot » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:58 pm

Altho scalping might not be a big issue, scammers could be...taking advantage of the sensibilities of first timers who don't score a ticket in the first round and grab at anything...it's happened and I can give you the names and addresses of those to whom it happened (I won't, but I could).

So...be patient. We got 3 tickets in late July last year in the after market. Travel plans change.

Don't pay for a ticket unless you know your seller and trust them absolutely. Never pay for anything by wiring the money...and any other advice given by others here.
Don't bore your friends with all your troubles. Tell your enemies instead, for they will delight in hearing about them.
dragonpilot

Burning Since: 2005

Postby Simon of the Playa » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:31 pm

but I do know that ticket sales for this year's Glastonbury - more than double the attendance of Burning Man - went on sale Sunday, October 7 at 9:00 am in England which was 4:00 am in my time zone. guess i'll stop offering anymore ticketing suggestions here 'cause they only get shot down.

GET THIS THROUGH YOUR FUCKING HEAD....THIS IS NOT FUCKING GLASTONBURY AND NOBODY GIVES A SHIT HOW THEY DO IT, OR HOW YOU THINK ITS BETTER.

jesus h. pasty skin and bad fucking teeth....
breathe deep, the playa is the dust of your ancestors

A gift for the Playa
Simon of the Playa

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Postby H.G.Crosby » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:35 pm

that's it, let it out.....unleash it on a foreigner who will so totally not get it....

yessssssssss......

feel the snark side.
Once I noticed I was on fire, I decided to relax and enjoy the fall™
H.G.Crosby

Postby Roberto Dobbisano » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:38 pm

they were warned from the get go not to utter a goddamn word unless it was how much you love the new system...

give it to them both barrels, come, say hello to my little friend...

[media]
one nation, under a groove.
Roberto Dobbisano

Postby International Incident » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:06 pm

H.G.Crosby wrote:that's it, let it out.....unleash it on a foreigner who will so totally not get it....

yessssssssss......

feel the snark side.

Stop picking on foreigners. We are people too!
International Incident

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: P6 - a Barbie Death Village production

Postby Rice » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:55 pm

International Incident wrote:
H.G.Crosby wrote:that's it, let it out.....unleash it on a foreigner who will so totally not get it....

yessssssssss......

feel the snark side.

Stop picking on foreigners. We are people too!

Everyon on Eplaya is a foreigner!!! Ie: We all give it and all get it.

When the same semi(un)-informed opinion is given, the snark will occur.

Everyone who wishes to post should google their question first: eplaya ticket solutions or eplaya names on tickets

The ticket discussion has been beat to death, stomped on, run over, shreaded and minced... Regular (excessive?) users only have so much patience.

Love Rice
Love Rice

Roach: "I feel like in this day and age, every girl should know how to build a flamethrower."
Rice

Burning Since: 2007

Postby junglesmacks » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:58 pm

MJ was quite serious, too.
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Camp Name: Your mom's tent

Postby Remark » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:40 pm

So... I need to buy three tickets. I register for individual sale, then buy 2 tickets. Sign up for STEP, and buy One ticket. This means I will have to go to Will Call.

Going to Will Call is a bummer, but not the end of the world. (I do have a huge fear of "...we're sorry we have no record of...") Have I misunderstood any of the procedures? Is there a simpler way? Yes, I could just sign up to buy three tickets on the STEP but the 2 tickets are a gift for family members and having them physically in hand would be better.

Thank you and excuse me as I step back and continue to lurk.
Remark

Burning Since: 2001

Postby junglesmacks » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:24 pm

Have someone else buy the 3rd ticket.
junglesmacks

Postby Rice » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:35 pm

Remark wrote:So... I need to buy three tickets. I register for individual sale, then buy 2 tickets. Sign up for STEP, and buy One ticket. This means I will have to go to Will Call.

Going to Will Call is a bummer, but not the end of the world. (I do have a huge fear of "...we're sorry we have no record of...") Have I misunderstood any of the procedures? Is there a simpler way? Yes, I could just sign up to buy three tickets on the STEP but the 2 tickets are a gift for family members and having them physically in hand would be better.

Thank you and excuse me as I step back and continue to lurk.

I have used will-call 4 years in a row. Never a problem.

Just be sure to make printouts of your purchase and your should be fine. . .

(You are more likely to have your tickets lost in the mail!!)
Love Rice

Roach: "I feel like in this day and age, every girl should know how to build a flamethrower."
Rice

Postby alex_ » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:41 pm

So in other words bmorg is making an extra couple million cause they can :roll:

2010 - $12,970,000 (give or take a hundred thousand up or down)

to

2013 - $22,090,000

70% increase from 2010 to 2013 in ticket revenue.

I'm guessing this year we are going to have Flushable Toilets, Lit Bathroom Stalls, and Trailers with Hot Showers for all Attendants provided by Bmorg.

Milk that cowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
alex_

Camp Name: This one place on the esplanade

Postby maladroit » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:41 pm

For some reason I feel that Will Call is going to be awful this year. Possibly a lot of "they're shipping the tickets so late, might as well have Will Call hang on to them" going on. Depending on how full the will call parking lot is, people will have to wait in line to get in, walk 1000 feet to will call, wait in line there (only six or eight stations, right?), then trek back through it all and try to merge into Gate.
maladroit

Burning Since: 2012

Postby junglesmacks » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:44 pm

No way, no how will it be any better or worse than last year.. and last year was fine. Worry not, young grasshopper. So it may add 20 minutes on to your entry. So? You're almost home! You will be so excited that an extra 20 minutes is all part of the adventure.

maladroit wrote:For some reason I feel that Will Call is going to be awful this year. Possibly a lot of "they're shipping the tickets so late, might as well have Will Call hang on to them" going on. Depending on how full the will call parking lot is, people will have to wait in line to get in, walk 1000 feet to will call, wait in line there (only six or eight stations, right?), then trek back through it all and try to merge into Gate.
junglesmacks

Postby Rice » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:51 pm

alex_ wrote:So in other words bmorg is making an extra couple million cause they can :roll:

2010 - $12,970,000 (give or take a hundred thousand up or down)

to

2013 - $22,090,000

70% increase from 2010 to 2013 in ticket revenue.

I'm guessing this year we are going to have Flushable Toilets, Lit Bathroom Stalls, and Trailers with Hot Showers for all Attendants provided by Bmorg.

Milk that cowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

The actual costs of putting Burning Man on have gone up every year.

I am curious as to where your numbers come from?
Love Rice

Rice

Postby alex_ » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:04 pm

The first tier of tickets was 210 dollars x9000 = 1,890,000
The second tier of tickets was 240 dollars x9000 = 2,160,000
The second tier of tickets was 280 dollars x9000 = 2,520,000
The fourth tier of tickets was 300 dollars x18000? tickets so = 5,400,000
I think scholarship tickets were 160 that year and low income were 210
SO lets say 4000 tickets were low income @ 210 a piece = 840,000
1000 x 160 = 160,000
=

NOW IF say we just do all of the remaining tickets in the fourth tier at 300 dollars we come out too 13,470,000

In other words they would have had a minimum loss of 4.2 - 4.6 million dollars according to the data used from their "financial statement"

This year

3000 x650 = 1,950,000
51000 x380 = 19,380,000
4000 x190 = 760,000

= 22,090,000
alex_

Postby junglesmacks » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:11 pm

Who the fuck cares. If you don't like it, don't go.

End of story.
junglesmacks

Postby Rice » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:17 pm

junglesmacks wrote:Who the fuck cares. If you don't like it, don't go.

End of story.

Word.

Nothing, NOTHING, is forcing anyone to go.
Love Rice

Rice

Postby 9ah » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:43 pm

Alex... What I think Stretch is asking is where you are getting the info that they are making an extra couple million...

More people equals more costs... Pershing County alone went from $154k to almost $450k in one year. Those additional fees need to be paid by someone... I believe there is also a $1.5 fees per person per day. Again more people equates to added fees. Porta-sans cost over $1M alone, I'm pretty sure they will need to up that cost for more of them. More staff, more greeters, more ice and more time cleaning for the playa restoration all equate to more costs than 2012.
Illuminate. Navigate. Celebrate.
What would you do if you knew you couldn't fail?
9ah

Camp Name: Lamplighters

Postby Ratty » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:33 am

Wait a gosh darned minute. I'm a Greeter. My check must be late.
Pictures or it didn't happen. Greycoyote
"I a recovering swagaholic. I have to resist my grabby nature" VultureChow
"Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on" Savannah
"I'm a motherfucking skeptic tank" SimonofthePlaya
Ratty

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Street Sign Replacement Camp

Postby 9ah » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:46 am

Sorry to break it to ya Ratty... I wasn't talking about a check to you... I'm simply talking added costs overall. :coffee:
Illuminate. Navigate. Celebrate.
What would you do if you knew you couldn't fail?
9ah

Camp Name: Lamplighters

Postby unjonharley » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:02 am

Get your affairs in order. Get your money where your mouth is and buy a ticket..

The price this year is the same for all,$380+.. No bitching.

Expect next year to top $400..
unjonharley

Postby Rice » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:41 pm

Ratty wrote:Wait a gosh darned minute. I'm a Greeter. My check must be late.

I had to read this about 5 times before I figured out you were using the word check to describe a cheque. (I could not figure out what you were waiting to check :oops: )

Ie: I went online to check his facts. vs I am waiting for a cheque from the bank. (the "American" spelling is sometimes different than the British spelling)

{end of random observation}
Love Rice

Rice

Postby alex_ » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:52 pm

9ah wrote:Alex... What I think Stretch is asking is where you are getting the info that they are making an extra couple million...

More people equals more costs... Pershing County alone went from $154k to almost $450k in one year. Those additional fees need to be paid by someone... I believe there is also a $1.5 fees per person per day. Again more people equates to added fees. Porta-sans cost over $1M alone, I'm pretty sure they will need to up that cost for more of them. More staff, more greeters, more ice and more time cleaning for the playa restoration all equate to more costs than 2012.

Because their Ticket Sales for 2010 amounted to a little under 13million while their financial statement said they spent 17.5million total.

Actually go through this financial statement posted and you will see how it's a complete load of shit.

http://financials.burningman.com/chart_2010.html

Also compare it to their financial report from 2009

http://financials.burningman.com/chart_2009.html

Their reported payroll increase was 5million dollars worth from 2009 - 2010

Their total posted "Expenses" for 2010 was 17.5 million

Their total posted "Expenses" for 2009 was 12.317 million
alex_

Postby Rice » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:03 pm

alex_ wrote:
9ah wrote:Alex... What I think Stretch is asking is where you are getting the info that they are making an extra couple million...

Because their Ticket Sales for 2010 amounted to a little under 13million while their financial statement said they spent 17.5million total.

Actually go through this financial statement posted and you will see how it's a complete load of shit.

http://financials.burningman.com/chart_2010.html

Also compare it to their financial report from 2009

http://financials.burningman.com/chart_2009.html

Their reported payroll increase was 5million dollars worth from 2009 - 2010

Their total posted "Expenses" for 2010 was 17.5 million

Their total posted "Expenses" for 2009 was 12.317 million

So you do not like the numbers that a private company (Burning Man, LLC.) decided to publish. In actual fact, they do not have to tell anyone who is not a board member anything. I am not sure what the big deal is.

So payroll went up, maybe they are paying more people - or increased benefits... This is not a rainbow gathering that survives off rainbows and unicorn shit!!

I have never understood why people get upset over this... ??? what does it matter?
Love Rice

Rice

Postby HandJamMasterC » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:42 pm

So you do not like the numbers that a private company (Burning Man, LLC.) decided to publish. In actual fact, they do not have to tell anyone who is not a board member anything. I am not sure what the big deal is.

So payroll went up, maybe they are paying more people - or increased benefits... This is not a rainbow gathering that survives off rainbows and unicorn shit!!

I have never understood why people get upset over this... ??? what does it matter?

Ya, it's not like the ticket is anywhere near the biggest cost of my going - not even close !
CAMP D.O.A.

Fun As A Scorched Earth Policy...........

https://sites.google.com/site/campdoa/
HandJamMasterC

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Camp D.O.A.

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:04 pm

stretch80 wrote:
Ratty wrote:Wait a gosh darned minute. I'm a Greeter. My check must be late.

I had to read this about 5 times before I figured out you were using the word check to describe a cheque. (I could not figure out what you were waiting to check :oops: )

Ie: I went online to check his facts. vs I am waiting for a cheque from the bank. (the "American" spelling is sometimes different than the British spelling)

{end of random observation}

And yet, the Canadians do not use "Anorak" in the way British do...
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Postby junglesmacks » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:31 am

It's interesting that no one has complained yet about the fees. $12 will call fee this year?

In reality, the minimum price that you're paying for a ticket is $398 when you add it all up.
junglesmacks

Postby Sham » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:40 am

JS, if you're picking up two tickets at will call, then there is just one $12 fee. So in reality, your math is WRONG! :D
Sham

Postby junglesmacks » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:46 am

Ah ha! You are correct, sir. "Per order".

Although.. god.. as much as I hate whining, this is really a bullshit fee. $12 to put my name on a list and have a volunteer hand me my ticket?

EDIT: Going back, I noticed that the fee isn't new for this year. Whatever. Bitch bitch moan moan. Is it Friday yet?

Shambala wrote:JS, if you're picking up two tickets at will call, then there is just one $12 fee. So in reality, your math is WRONG! :D
junglesmacks

PreviousNext

Return to 2013 Tickets Discussion