Virgin Burner from Flagstaff AZ

Virgin Burner from Flagstaff AZ

Postby Rochelle May » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:58 pm

Hi my name is Rochelle, Im born and raised in AZ. Im a Lisenced Massage Therapist since 2007. I have wanted to go to Burning Man for years, and 2013 is the first year that I can make it happen, im saying make it happen cause anything else is unexceptable. I love this forum and have been lurking around for some time, you guys are great so much info. I will be making the journey solo and I read that thats a great way to experience Burning Man for the first time. Im preparing as I type for the trip and the Newbie section on how to prepare has really helped. Like I said im a LMT and would love to gift my services on the playa if I can be of service let me know. Oh im also going to attend some local burnes to get to know people but if your from AZ id love to talk. Looking forward to the ticket sales. Love and light!
Rochelle May

Burning Since: 2013

Re: Virgin Burner from Flagstaff AZ

Postby Savannah » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:14 pm

Hi Rochelle!

Connecting with your local Arizona burners is a really smart idea. Glad to hear you've been reading a lot.

Attending alone can be quite freeing if you are handy with a hammer & good stakes; you end up with neighbors regardless. Gifting massage is an excellent idea; some vinegar-water wash first and a good moisturizing agent and you're good to go. (Lots of camps might be interested in having an LMT, btw, but there is more freedom in being independent).

Welcome! :D
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby Rochelle May » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:36 pm

Thanks Savannah, I will have sanatizer and miosterizing stuff with me, great point im looking forward to the freedom of solo adventure. I will keep that in mind, what id like to do is have something to offer out there not just be there. Also thank you for the welcome.
Rochelle May

Postby Savannah » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:41 pm

(The reason for a vinegar-water rinse beforehand is that it helps remove the alkali dust, which can eat the skin.)
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby Rochelle May » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:58 pm

Ok thank you I will make sure to bring some with me I would never had thought about that. I know that its important to wash your feet because of the dust, but doing massage I see how that would be a problem. I saw a video of people doing Thia massage on mats at BM thats a fully clothed modality that I can do. I may be able to gift other things as well like water or picking up moop. I guess its about being there in the moment and allowing space to be of service or being able to offer gifts. All I know is I cant wait to be out there, it just seems like all the liked minded open minded people that make up BM are my kind of people.
Rochelle May

Postby jkisha » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:57 pm

Hey there, welcome to eplaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby TomServo » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:31 pm

Welcome to eplaya! If you want to set up shop in your own camp, focus on comfort. I would say that to anyone, anyways..but..the more comfortable you can make yourself out there, the better your experience will be. If you have the means to transport bulkier, but comfier chairs..do it! Misting systems are nice, especially with a good shade structure! Do Not bring a pop up canopy! Best of luck!
anything worth doing..is worth overdoing

Vor Gebrauch Sprengkapsel einsetzen
TomServo

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: BloodBath&Beyond

Postby Rochelle May » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:28 pm

Thank you for the welcomes, I will try my best to be as comfortable as possible. Im looking forward to the heat but a shade structure is a must have im looking at the monkey hut designs. I just cant wait!!!! :D
Rochelle May

Postby illy dilly » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:38 pm

Welcome to eplaya!
There is a camp by the name of HeeBeeGeeBee Healers that might you might really find interesting.
http://www.heebeegeebeehealers.org/
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave
illy dilly

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Postby burner von braun » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:12 pm

Welcome to eplaya Rochelle May! Lots of people have great success with monkey huts. Keep on reading the various threads and your own radical self-reliant plan will come together, and become a grand adventure!
Another early attempt at success
burner von braun

Burning Since: 2010

Return to Introduce Yourself!