CHRISTMAS TICKETS?

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Re: CHRISTMAS TICKETS?

Postby Sandstorm » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:04 pm

VultureChow: Nice job! It's funny: although I'm normally more drawn to The Temple than I am to The Man I have to say that the first time I saw the illustration that you used in your "card" I thought "I really want to go next year and climb up in that thing". The designers of that structure have definitely put a nifty new spin on The Man.
Sandstorm

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: TBD

Postby Heyu » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:06 pm

Thnx Vulturechow!

This image is exactly what I have been working with!

Gotta figure, if you can afford the higher price, it goes for good work. It is not about "my week in the desert" it's about the other 51 weeks too.
We want to do more!

I go to Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival every year. The price for airfare and hotel is more than the higher tier BM tickets, and HSBG only lasts 3 days
Heyu

Postby JayBobBoy » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:36 am

I had signed up for the Christmas ticket sale, but did not exercise my option to buy. ($650...really!)

This morning I got an email that gave me another chance and that tickets are still available at $650.

I'm a bit surprised that they did not all sell quickly. The price shock was enough to keep sales low...interesting.

Speak amongst yourselves...
"It is all very beautiful and magical here - a quality which cannot be described. You have to live it and breath it., let the sun bake it into you" - Ansel Adams
JayBobBoy

Burning Since: 2002

Postby edbrez » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:29 pm

I took up the option for higher tier ticket and I'm delighted I did :)

I missed out the first time because I wasn't home from work in time and unfortunately the sale was closed
Thankfully I got an email last night advising there were some remaining...
I keep hearing they are really expensive, but for me its knowing I'm guaranteed to be there. I can plan ahead now, book flights and RV earlier and save on the overall cost of the journey.

I will be out there on the Playa this year, its going to be a great experience :D
"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man" Dr Johnson
edbrez

Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Howzit

Postby Savannah » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:47 pm

Congratulations, edbrez! Looks like we get to meet you! :D

I doubt you'll be sorry you sprung for the most expensive ticket. Of those who can afford it, probably half at least considered it.

And yeah, being able to relax a little and plan your other stuff is valuable in and of itself.
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby edbrez » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:05 pm

Savannah wrote:Congratulations, edbrez! Looks like we get to meet you! :D

I doubt you'll be sorry you sprung for the most expensive ticket. Of those who can afford it, probably half at least considered it.

And yeah, being able to relax a little and plan your other stuff is valuable in and of itself.

Yes, looks like its all go :D
Only concern is the constant obsession over my list of things to bring :lol:
Christmas shopping was divided between Christmas presents.... and "oh that might be useful in Black Rock City" :D
"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man" Dr Johnson
edbrez

Postby Rice » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:26 pm

edbrez wrote:

Christmas shopping was divided between Christmas presents.... and "oh that might be useful in Black Rock City" :D

After many years I still obsess over my packing lists. You will find that they evolve over the years as you figure out what works for you and what doesn't . . .
Love Rice

Roach: "I feel like in this day and age, every girl should know how to build a flamethrower."
Rice

Postby pink » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:06 pm

edbrez wrote:

That thought while shopping will be with you all year! And if you're like me, for years to come....congrats on getting your ticket. Coming from Europe, a few hundred bucks on a ticket is the least of your expenses. Now we'll see you on the playa :D
I'm not a slut, I'm good time floozy!
pink

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Retrofrolic

Postby edbrez » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:03 am

pink wrote:
edbrez wrote:

That thought while shopping will be with you all year! And if you're like me, for years to come....congrats on getting your ticket. Coming from Europe, a few hundred bucks on a ticket is the least of your expenses. Now we'll see you on the playa :D

Pink you're not wrong, it will cost in excess of 2.5k euro before I buy food and drink...
Should be worth it though :D
edbrez

Postby trilobyte » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:20 am

I think what Pink was saying was that the few hundred (premium price for pre-sale tickets) is a small price to pay in the grand scheme of things.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby illy dilly » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:32 am

Well done Ed!
edbrez wrote:I can plan ahead now, book flights and RV earlier and save on the overall cost of the journey.

I was going to say exactly that!
Now that you know you have a ticket you can start watching like a hawk for some crazy deal on international travel.
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave
illy dilly

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Postby edbrez » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:22 am

trilobyte wrote:I think what Pink was saying was that the few hundred (premium price for pre-sale tickets) is a small price to pay in the grand scheme of things.

Agreed, as I mentioned above in previous post.
Its good value considering it gives back to BM 2013 and allows for low income tickets to be more reasonable too.
Also allows me to prepare earlier and hopefully cut cost on flights and box truck.
It is all relative, but regardless of ticket price, its still a big investment for your average Euro burner.
edbrez

Postby AbundantChoice » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:44 pm

I realized that (at least for me), the extra $200-250 was worth the peace of mind of not having to worry about whether or not I would get a ticket, blocking off the sale day to devote to sitting in front of the computer desperately trying for a ticket, etc etc, so as a NYE gift to myself I pulled the trigger and bought a ticket. And since i'm coming in from the East Coast anyway, the overall difference that extra cost makes in the total trip cost isn't as severe as if I was coming in from SF or LA or whatever.
All Black Holes Begin As Stars.
AbundantChoice

Postby Martiena » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:32 pm

VultureChow wrote:Made this. Just for the heck of it.

Thank you VultureChow!!
I've used your picture as my desktop display. :P
I am so happy...now lets get a ticket to every burner that wants one. Burning man is only as good, as the good burners who attend.... Good old boys and girls club... :lol:
I guess the definition of a "good burner" in my personal opinion, is one who has a personal committement to the 10 principles. Each person has their own interpitation... the exceptance of that fact, is what also defines us.
"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

- George Bernard Shaw
Martiena

Burning Since: 2011

Postby trilobyte » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:16 am

Martiena wrote:...Burning man is only as good, as the good burners who attend participate....

:wink:
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby Martiena » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:25 am

You are so right Trilobyte.Thank you for the correction. I experienced the joy of burning man, by participating and becoming part of the community. My goal is to increase that participation over the coming years.
trilobyte wrote:
Martiena wrote:...Burning man is only as good, as the good burners who attend participate....

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

- George Bernard Shaw
Martiena

Burning Since: 2011

Postby Rice » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:48 pm

Martiena wrote:You are so right Trilobyte.Thank you for the correction. I experienced the joy of burning man, by participating and becoming part of the community. My goal is to increase that participation over the coming years.
trilobyte wrote:

Getting involved with your local burner group helps. If you are part of a small group of burners in you area - make it happen. Even meeting once a month for coffee is a good thing :)

Volunteerism, participation, help, friendship, new attitudes - some of the many things that Burning Man has given to me {heart}
Love Rice

Roach: "I feel like in this day and age, every girl should know how to build a flamethrower."
Rice

Previous

Return to 2013 Tickets Discussion