When is the next--End Of The World??

All things outside of Burning Man.

When is the next--End Of The World??

Postby unjonharley » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:28 am

I must run to the store and get STUFF.
unjonharley

Re: When is the next--End Of The World??

Postby BoyScoutGirl » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:31 pm

Oh, I'm sure they'll come up with a new date and a great (read: BS) explanation of why they had to postpone. "The Mayans forgot to carry the one" or some such...

1/3/13 has a nice look to it, in which case you'd better hurry up with that conspicuous consumption! When nothing happens in two days' time, then you can blame it on American date notation and begin preparations for your real doom on 3/1/13...
When he lights his streetlamp, it is as if he brought one more star to life, or one flower.
When he puts out his lamp, he sends the flower, or the star, to sleep.
That is a beautiful occupation.

- Le Petit Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
BoyScoutGirl

Camp Name: Lamplighters!

Postby some seeing eye » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:49 pm

The morning of August 12, 2045.

The BM festival will be start earlier in the month that year and there will be 300000 festival goers, each with a personal MV served by a network of fueling stations covering the entire playa. There will be 1500 LEO's to enforce the regulations. The major fast food keiretsu, Microsoft-Starbucks-Anheuser-Busch InBev-Samsung, Google-SABMiller-Panerra-ADM-Sony, Amazon-Tsingtao-Subway-GE-Foxcon, Facebook-7-11-Burger King-News Corp-Cargill-LG, and Apple-Heineken-Carlsberg-Diageo-Nestle-Sharp will have drive in restaurants and roving food trucks. There will be vegan meat options, grown in tanks in the desert. There will be a portable runway capable for handling small - medium airliners. There wil be 4 temples and 4 effigies creating burning exhaustion. And there will be several camps with swimming pools and mini-nuclear reactors to power their air conditioning, especially the villages entirely enclosed in sealed domes. The event will be a month long. By that time, the United States will be so consumed by leisure with all the work done by robots that it will be no problem for everyone to take a month vacation. In addition to the on-site attendees, a million will be jacked into a massive real time online simulation of the event in every language. Daft Punk will perform an epic reunion show at the event, they'll be 70 then. Yes, the end of the world.
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion
some seeing eye

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Postby graidawg » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:40 pm

some seeing eye wrote:The morning of August 12, 2045.

The BM festival will be start earlier in the month that year and there will be 300000 festival goers, each with a personal MV served by a network of fueling stations covering the entire playa. There will be 1500 LEO's to enforce the regulations. The major fast food keiretsu, Microsoft-Starbucks-Anheuser-Busch InBev-Samsung, Google-SABMiller-Panerra-ADM-Sony, Amazon-Tsingtao-Subway-GE-Foxcon, Facebook-7-11-Burger King-News Corp-Cargill-LG, and Apple-Heineken-Carlsberg-Diageo-Nestle-Sharp will have drive in restaurants and roving food trucks. There will be vegan meat options, grown in tanks in the desert. There will be a portable runway capable for handling small - medium airliners. There wil be 4 temples and 4 effigies creating burning exhaustion. And there will be several camps with swimming pools and mini-nuclear reactors to power their air conditioning, especially the villages entirely enclosed in sealed domes. The event will be a month long. By that time, the United States will be so consumed by leisure with all the work done by robots that it will be no problem for everyone to take a month vacation. In addition to the on-site attendees, a million will be jacked into a massive real time online simulation of the event in every language. Daft Punk will perform an epic reunion show at the event, they'll be 70 then. Yes, the end of the world.

No fair. i will miss my Birthday!
completely unconcerned.
"Savannah" I like it . . . it makes us sound forward-thinking, and not at all like trailblazing, professional-level procrastinors.
the rest of us are in the School of Fukkit. "Eric"
graidawg

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dread Pirate barbie

Postby graidawg » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:43 pm

from a friend who is very clever.

Karl
21 December 2012 near Oldham, England
Well, there's another apocalypse passed me by. Are we all ready for the next one? All I could find was this....

The Covenant, The Sword, and the Arm of the Lord (founded in 1971 by polygamist James Elliso in the small community of Elijah in southern Missouri) has an offshoot calling itself The Sword of God Brotherhood which claims to have been told by no less than the Angel Gabriel that the all humans except members of the cult will "perish in hellfire" in the "dying time" in 2017.

Can't wait.
completely unconcerned.
"Savannah" I like it . . . it makes us sound forward-thinking, and not at all like trailblazing, professional-level procrastinors.
the rest of us are in the School of Fukkit. "Eric"
graidawg

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dread Pirate barbie

Postby TomServo » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:55 am

I thought it was back in 2001. Pre-Burn, I wrote, "Ever feel like its the end of the world?" We had a harvest moon on burn night, and dust devils galore! All the dust devils marched east, in a single line. About a week or so later was 9/11.
I think it will be, when Dr.Pepper goes out of business. After that...Ill welcome the end of the world.
anything worth doing..is worth overdoing

Vor Gebrauch Sprengkapsel einsetzen
TomServo

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: BloodBath&Beyond

Postby Ugly Dougly » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:01 pm

We are going to be visited by a couple of comets in 2013. Since they are apparently new bodies, we can't be 100% sure what their trajectories will be, except that they should both be visible from Earth.
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby Canoe » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:05 pm

some seeing eye wrote:The morning of August 12, 2045.

Burning Man died out by the 2040's, but there are reports of an old hermit appearing on the old BRC site. Observers report that this hermit appears out of the ground, where he is rumored to have built himself an underground geodesic refuge. A few of the groups who have gathered there on occasion, hoping that their presence will result in the return of Burning Man, BRC, hippies, hipsters, and the like (although all were long ago banned by Nevada legislation), report being startled by the sudden appearance of "Bob" among them, asking "Has the gate opened yet? I've been hiding out waiting for gate since I couldn't buy a lottery slot for the Gladiator Ticket Competition!". It's also reported that he'll trade historic plastic beads for just about anything, even fake pink fur, and frequently seems to mistake the sound of their mis-functioning historic vehicles for music, as he appears to dance to their sound. Efforts were made, then abandoned, to evict him from the site, but those few who managed to find anything reported being chased off by blue-jeans fired at them at great velocity, with just a glimpse through the blowing dust of someone holding a long tube and the sound of "Arrr, there be shirtcockers!"
*** http://www.burningman.com/preparation/ ***
... but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.
“Dear subscriber, you are registered as a participant in a mass disturbance.”
Canoe

Postby latchseeker » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:13 pm

Anything to keep me from making long term goals or have any hope for the future. Please people, I need to know the end is coming soon. I'm too accustomed to living in constant fear, what would I do with peace of mind. Idle hands is the devil's work. :roll:
Let us not rail about justice as long as we have arms and the freedom to use them- Duke Leto Atreides
latchseeker

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby 48_love » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:39 pm

Don't know about the next one ... but the last one seriously dissapoint.

48_love

Burning Since: 2013

Postby unjonharley » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:37 pm

In Fa. they run out and buy "new" plywood for the windows. Every time the end is near. WTF's with that.. Do they throw it away each time..

On signal run to the store and by all the batteries..

I'll go a date like 3 13 13 that should put an end to it..
unjonharley

Return to Open Discussion