2013 TICKET SOLUTION

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Re: 2013 TICKET SOLUTION

Postby TT120 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:07 am

No tickets this year. Just show up and the gate crew decides if you should get in or not. Maybe a little test or something...... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :shock:
Life's a bitch, then you go to Burning Man - Unjonharley

W6BJD
TT120

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Orphans Too

Postby VenusDreams » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:49 am

maladroit wrote:All tickets are STEP would work pretty well. As long as the "restocking fee" was something like 30%, so there's a heavy penalty for buying them JUST IN CASE you want to go.

Edit: Due to artificial demand, there was no perceived risk buying in. Everyone thought they could sell off their tickets for at least face value at any time. That's why so many people who genuinely wanted to go were left out in the cold, unable to do the customary 6 months of preparation. My preparation was limited to one month. There aren't enough buyers for the tickets being freed up, because two weeks is not enough time to get a week off from work and scrape a survival expedition together. It's not like a concert ticket where you can casually decide to go on a Wednesday afternoon if you run across a ticket.

Actually it can be done.. I packed and was at the Burn in 4 days. juuust sayin
~Lust to Dust~
VenusDreams

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Never Never Neverland

Postby Rice » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:24 am

VenusDreams wrote:
maladroit wrote:All tickets are STEP would work pretty well. As long as the "restocking fee" was something like 30%, so there's a heavy penalty for buying them JUST IN CASE you want to go.

Edit: Due to artificial demand, there was no perceived risk buying in. Everyone thought they could sell off their tickets for at least face value at any time. That's why so many people who genuinely wanted to go were left out in the cold, unable to do the customary 6 months of preparation. My preparation was limited to one month. There aren't enough buyers for the tickets being freed up, because two weeks is not enough time to get a week off from work and scrape a survival expedition together. It's not like a concert ticket where you can casually decide to go on a Wednesday afternoon if you run across a ticket.

Actually it can be done.. I packed and was at the Burn in 4 days. juuust sayin

No so easy if you live thousands of miles away. I am not sure I could pull my burn off with less than a month of planning (not to mention booking flights, etc)...
Love Rice

Roach: "I feel like in this day and age, every girl should know how to build a flamethrower."
Rice

Burning Since: 2007

Postby Isotopia » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:01 pm

Solution? The Real Ticket Solution?

Save your fucking extra change between now and the summer months and buy one.

Really, it IS that fucking simple. Buy your ticket and shut the fuck up.

Whiners complaining about being students/artists/single parents/physically challenged/what-the-fuck-ever.

Really. If you want to go you'll find a way. You KNOW that dear reader.

Just cowboy the fuck up and do it - ya whiney bitches.
Isotopia

Postby JayBobBoy » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:02 pm

Awwwwww....

But I wanted a cheaper ticket, its raining, and I don't know what time it is.....
"It is all very beautiful and magical here - a quality which cannot be described. You have to live it and breath it., let the sun bake it into you" - Ansel Adams
JayBobBoy

Burning Since: 2002

Postby Rice » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:34 pm

JayBobBoy wrote:Awwwwww....

But I wanted a cheaper ticket, its raining, and I don't know what time it is.....

Time travel would solve your first problem and a watch might solve your second one...
Love Rice

Roach: "I feel like in this day and age, every girl should know how to build a flamethrower."
Rice

Burning Since: 2007

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:59 pm

stretch80 wrote:
JayBobBoy wrote:Awwwwww....

Time travel would solve your first problem and a watch might solve your second one...

How is a watch going to stop the rain?
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Previous

Return to 2013 Tickets Discussion