New guy from Ohio, plan on driving out.

New guy from Ohio, plan on driving out.

Postby Ohiobigwheel » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:25 am

So this will be my first time, I guess better late then never. My main goal is to learn something new about other people and myself...oh and have a good time doing it. Would be nice to find someone else from Ohio planning on going or someone driving though here on the way out. I may try and leave early and couch surf a few night on the way. Who knows..
Ryan :D
Ohiobigwheel

Burning Since: 2013

Re: New guy from Ohio, plan on driving out.

Postby TT120 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:33 am

In before the snark!

Welcome! Check out the regionals page for Ohio, There should be some good information for you there.

http://regionals.burningman.com/us_oh_noh.html
Life's a bitch, then you go to Burning Man - Unjonharley

W6BJD
TT120

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Orphans Too

Postby lucky420 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:33 am

Hola and hello...
Oh my god, it's HUGE!
lucky420

Burning Since: I'm not sure
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Postby Dr. Pyro » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:48 am

Our camp has a number of people from Ohio (I myself used to live in Norwalk): Worthington, Columbus, and Grove City to be exact. If you would like any of their contact info, PM me and I'll send you their email address on Wednesday.
Dr. Pyro

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby illy dilly » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:00 pm

Hey Ryan, welcome to eplaya!

Sounds like you're already finding locals!
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave
illy dilly

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Postby dragonpilot » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:36 pm

Road Trip!
Don't bore your friends with all your troubles. Tell your enemies instead, for they will delight in hearing about them.
dragonpilot

Burning Since: 2005

Postby Savannah » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:30 pm

Hi Ryan! :D
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby jkisha » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:39 pm

Hey there, welcome to eplaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby TomServo » Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:33 am

Welcome to eplaya Ryan! I can almost certainly guarantee you'll find out something new about yourself and others, on the playa. Just don't prejudge burners from what you find on EPLAYA. Most folks here are completely different in person! ...some..are exactly the same. Good Luck!
anything worth doing..is worth overdoing

Vor Gebrauch Sprengkapsel einsetzen
TomServo

Camp Name: BloodBath&Beyond

Postby cara » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:48 pm

Hello from Ohio. Solo virgin burner very interested in going with you. Are you still going? I absolutely need to find a way to go and I don't have anyone to go with.
cara

Postby Ohiobigwheel » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:46 pm

Wow thanks, I did not think I would get so many people writing back to me so sudden! So I have been looking into camps and Ideas on how I would like to represent myself and try to learn something about myself. Haha. As for camps I feel I would really like to find a very open minded and free camp. I may be wrong about this but maybe the Sin City camp, Poly paradise camp..Maybe not those ones exactly, but you get where I'm going. I just got back from Maui Hawaii last week and found a nudist/party beach called Little malakena beach. I was scared a bit at first but have now fallen in love with the whole Idea. So outside that I do plan on going and can't wait to get a ticket and seal the deal. As for now I have a lot more to work out. I would like to get a solar shower, A a few large 55 gallon water jugs and what not. One for showering and another for the waste water. I would like to be a bit more self reliant then some people seem but I also want to try and leave a ton of room to share and help others.
So I have a small ford ranger I plan on taking now but may upgrade that before then depending on work and what not. I would love to find someone that is open to riding out with me. That someone can have there own Ideas on there camp and what not but its just nice having someone to share things with also (like that drive though Kansas lol). Here is my email Willryan1282@gmail.com(hope thats ok to post). If you are open to try to ride out together or if you need one lets talk more.
Ohiobigwheel

Postby trilobyte » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:00 pm

As we get closer to the burn, you'll want to check out the official rideshare site (it's not open for business for this year's event yet) or look around here on the Share Resources board regarding a rideshare. You'll find camps posting on the 2013 Theme Camps board (check their posts to see if they're open to new members) or possibly even using the Spark collaboration tool to recruit new members. In late spring/early summer a partial list of theme camps will be published on the main site that you can browse through as well (here's a link to the list from the 2012 event).
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby Ohiobigwheel » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:27 pm

By looking at the photo and shirt i'm going to guess your a big fan of bacon. Love it. Not sure where this bacon movement came from but it kills me. though I tend to not eat a ton of meet bacon does have a spot on my most missed list.
Ohiobigwheel

Postby AbundantChoice » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:23 pm

One other thing i'd strongly reccommend is *not* trying to marathon drive back to Ohio right after BM ends. Take a day or two in Reno, or Colorado, or something. You will be utterly and completely exhausted, and even carpooling it among 3 or 4 drivers can be absolutely brutal for the drive home. So for your own safety, and the safety of others on the road, consider spending a night in Reno or somewhere else nearby to at least get one good night of sleep for all the drivers before long-hauling it back to Ohio.
All Black Holes Begin As Stars.
AbundantChoice

Postby Dr. Pyro » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:14 pm

That is about the most reasonable and useful suggestion I have ever seen on the ePlaya. Well done AbundantChoice.
Dr. Pyro

Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby jcliff » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:54 pm

Go MIDWEST! Illinois here! Midwest seems to seems to be under-represented at Burning Man. Unfortunately our winter deep freeze and summer humidity hardiness doesn't translate well to the playa. My advice is to plan to act like a lizard and crawl under the preverbial rock between 1 and 4 pm. We midwesterners tend to wilt during the hottest part of the day.
jcliff

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Lamplighter Village

Postby Hotel balmoral » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:56 pm

At the most wonderful Barbie Death village
Is a little camp called "the boys from Ohio"
Keep well away as they and their Australian bar wenches will hold you down and pour vodka jelly shots down your mouth
Keep away
or not if you like that stuff of course :lol:
Jelly shot anyone?
Hotel balmoral

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Barbie death camp

Return to Introduce Yourself!