Holiday Tickets Info

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Re: !!README!! Holiday Tickets Info

Postby wh..sh » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:40 am

junglesmacks wrote:Who's the scalper now, bitches?

:lol: :lol:

Whooping 3% toward burning man project! I am not sure I am capable of that kind of philanthropy.
In my world there's only legible and more legible.

-Bob
wh..sh

Postby ygmir » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:57 am

Savannah wrote:
BBadger wrote:$666 would've been pretty funny! Though I bet it'd attract all kinds of negative attention from people who think this is some occult festival or something.

. . . It isn't? :shock:

awe crap!
*sets goats free to roam the pampas, puts trident and red spandex suit away, takes "st Andrews cross" apart for storage, and replaces Black Sabbath CD wit Johnny Mathis Xmas music.*
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby BAS » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:13 pm

I heard it was some sort of hippy-dippy gathering where everyone ran around naked and high, engaging in unprotected sex and badmouthing true Americans. And there was always a giant "Peace Sign" made out of garbage at the end of the thing. There was some sort of weird movie about it that came out way back, but all I remember was an announcement about "brown acid" and a segment on the portable toilets.
"Nothing is withheld from us which we have conceived to do.
Do things that have never been done."
--Russell Kirsch
BAS

Burning Since: 2006

Postby tamarakay » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:19 pm

Way too much money for me. Even if regular tickets are 400, the difference in price would take up my entire scarf budget.
However, I think this is what the bmorg needed to do. Everyone I know was planning on buying early tickets. If the price had been reasonable at all there would have been a run on them creating a false crises for the regular tickets. My hat is off to those people who can afford these prices, if I could I would.
When the only tool you got is a hammer, every problem looks like a hippie.

Mmmmmm I love the smell of Burning Man Token

http://www.dyewithdignity.com
tamarakay

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity at BDC

Postby Heyu » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:18 pm

Here's my question...If I buy less than 4 (Limit 4 on the pre-sale) can I still buy at a lower level in January?

I do the pre-sale for the daughter unit and my bud for X-Mess, but this year I wanted to buy a pair for a burgin and his wife. $2,600 is pretty steep. If I only buy 2 in pre-sale, can I buy this dude and his wife 2 in January?
Or does my registration get thrown out once one order is filled?
(I like this dude more at the 500 level, not sure he is a $1,300 friend)
Heyu

Postby burner von braun » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:46 pm

On the BM tickets web page, under FAQ, it states that if you buy any presale tickets, you can't buy any regular tickets later at all.
Another early attempt at success
burner von braun

Burning Since: 2010

Postby Heyu » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:00 pm

I guess he's wife ain't goin' then.... (I hope I'm not responsible for an ugly divorce)
Heyu

Postby pink » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:07 am

burner von braun wrote:On the BM tickets web page, under FAQ, it states that if you buy any presale tickets, you can't buy any regular tickets later at all.

Where do you see this? I can't even find the FAQ page. And the other forum had what appeared to be last years info with the dates changed to 2013. Shit, they were talking about the main sale happening in February. Or maybe I'm misunderstanding it because of the usual obfuscation in the info the Borg outs out.
I'm not a slut, I'm good time floozy!
pink

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Retrofrolic

Postby pink » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:07 am

burner von braun wrote:On the BM tickets web page, under FAQ, it states that if you buy any presale tickets, you can't buy any regular tickets later at all.

Where do you see this? I can't even find the FAQ page. And the other forum had what appeared to be last years info with the dates changed to 2013. Shit, they were talking about the main sale happening in February. Or maybe I'm misunderstanding it because of the usual obfuscation in the info the Borg outs out.
pink

Postby pink » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:12 am

Never mind I found it. Yarg. No gifting this year if I go the low anxiety route.
pink

Postby wh..sh » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:07 am

Heyu wrote:Here's my question...If I buy less than 4 (Limit 4 on the pre-sale) can I still buy at a lower level in January?

I do the pre-sale for the daughter unit and my bud for X-Mess, but this year I wanted to buy a pair for a burgin and his wife. $2,600 is pretty steep. If I only buy 2 in pre-sale, can I buy this dude and his wife 2 in January?
Or does my registration get thrown out once one order is filled?
(I like this dude more at the 500 level, not sure he is a $1,300 friend)

You could ask the burgin or his wife to register for main sale and you could gift them the cash instead.
In my world there's only legible and more legible.

-Bob
wh..sh

Postby VultureChow » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:12 pm

Sooooo.... I kinda got a bigger bonus than I was expecting this year and decided to bite the bullet and get the holiday ticket.

I just thought I'd warn people, that they're not taking Amex, just Visa, Mastercard and Discover.

Last year I know I paid with Amex. The FAQ doesn't address this for the general sale, but I thought I'd pt the warning out there.
Send lawyers, guns and money - The shit has hit the fan.
VultureChow

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Cougar Camp @ Barbie Death Village

Postby trilobyte » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:18 pm

The blog post and JRS were pretty clear on Mastercard and Visa being the two accepted cards (blog post is here, it's bullet #7). It's also been in the FAQ since day one, under the section titled Holiday Sale it's item #8.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby VultureChow » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:23 pm

trilobyte wrote:The blog post and JRS were pretty clear on Mastercard and Visa being the two accepted cards (blog post is here, it's bullet #7). It's also been in the FAQ since day one, under the section titled Holiday Sale it's item #8.

It's funny, I read the blog post 3 times and missed or didn't absorb the lack of Amex. After the fact, I saw it in the FAQ section, though I don't think it was on the Ticket mainpage. It was not a criticism or a problem, I was just pointing out to people who might have missed it like me.
VultureChow

Postby trilobyte » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:29 pm

Well, you posted it as a problem (called it out as a warning, actually), but it's been in all those places from the start.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby yellowtail » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:34 pm

I am in the line-up for getting tickets and I have a big white screen on my mac; pardon my lack of computer skills but I need to know whether to hit refresh or just wait as I am afraid of losing my place in line . Thanks
yellowtail

Postby trilobyte » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:43 pm

I just checked with the ticket team, you should be able to just hit the refresh button on your browser.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby yellowtail » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:52 pm

Thanks so much, I have hit refresh and nothing changes. I will keep trying.
yellowtail

Postby pink » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:13 pm

Got mine too. I was surprised that they were taking discover since the FAQ said only visa & MC. But I've got all three so no biggie.

Merry Xmas to me! :D
pink

Postby Morrell » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:25 pm

The $650 price tag seems to have diminished the ticket stampede as I got right in and could have bought 4 tickets well over an hour after the sale started. Just can't justify spending that much money just for tickets. Sure hoping I have the same easy time getting in for the main sale! :roll:
Morrell

Burning Since: 2007

Postby VultureChow » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:32 pm

Morrell wrote:The $650 price tag seems to have diminished the ticket stampede as I got right in and could have bought 4 tickets well over an hour after the sale started. Just can't justify spending that much money just for tickets. Sure hoping I have the same easy time getting in for the main sale! :roll:

Agreed. I had some mild delay at 3pm (noon pst) but it was smooth for my one ticket.

I'm also wondering if the panic of last year has finally worn off. With the success of STEP, the additional tickets released and the glut of last minute cheap secondary market tickets, maybe the fear of being left out has been mitigated.
VultureChow

Postby trilobyte » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:18 pm

Last year things weren't too crazy for the pre-sale. I don't think the main sale registration process really got crazy until after Teddy Saunders & company's wonderful video went from being forwarded among friends to landing on the home pages of Laughing Squid and Huffington Post and the like, after that it got pretty weird.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby burner von braun » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:13 pm

It appears that the ticketing people have made a change here, the new FAQ just released now says you CAN purchase individual type tickets even though you may have already bought Holiday (presale) tickets
Another early attempt at success
burner von braun

Burning Since: 2010

Postby trilobyte » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:17 pm

I believe that may have changed a few days ago.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Previous

Return to 2013 Tickets Discussion