found hat

Leave your camera somewhere? Bike wander away? Find a headlamp? Connect with your stuff or people you seek here. (hopefully...)

found hat

Postby Vajragaeayogini » Tue Sep 14, 2004 6:56 pm

it hasn't been asked about here yet, trust me, I read the list three times.

describe it in close detail and we'll reunite ya
dance away death and soar into a rainbow with me
Vajragaeayogini

Postby Tafkah » Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:08 pm

Blue & made of soft material, looks somewhat like a cowbow hat.

raygromer at hotmail
Tafkah

Postby Zona_the_stona » Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:26 pm

i lost this hat

it says "malibu" something.. it was my pops hat :?
Zona_the_stona

I lost my Red kat-hat :(

Postby slightlysprite » Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:31 pm

:cry:
I lost a really sweet hat. It was made of red fur with cutie-kat ears and soft satin on the inside. It was very cuddly and from a 4yo girl that I babysit for! I lost it while I was dancing obliviously at the stonehenge psy-trance place.
slightlysprite

Re: I lost my Red kat-hat :(

Postby TheMuse » Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:44 pm

slightlysprite wrote::cry:
I lost a really sweet hat. It was made of red fur with cutie-kat ears and soft satin on the inside. It was very cuddly and from a 4yo girl that I babysit for! I lost it while I was dancing obliviously at the stonehenge psy-trance place.

I have a similar hat and the good news is that you can probably find another (maybe similar?) one at the Berkeley Hat co. if you are in the bay area :-D
Living on Earth is expensive, but it does include a free trip around the sun every year.
TheMuse

No hits on the hat

Postby Vajragaeayogini » Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:50 pm

Sorry and good luck finding your hats or replacing them. None of the posts yet are about the hat I found.
dance away death and soar into a rainbow with me
Vajragaeayogini

Re: I lost my Red kat-hat :(

Postby slightlysprite » Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:52 pm

I have a similar hat and the good news is that you can probably find another (maybe similar?) one at the Berkeley Hat co. if you are in the bay area :-D[/quote]

Hmm. I'm not in the Bay area *anymore* but i'll probably be visiting at some point if my cutie-kat hat doesn't find it's way back. Thanks for the tip!! :D
slightlysprite

Postby Miss Kate » Mon Sep 20, 2004 6:28 am

My husband’s beloved tan cowboy hat blew down the street while he was taking a nap one day. It’s tan, yellowish kinda, its straw or wicker, has bendable edges, and a star coin type thing front and center. Is this the hat you found, please, please? It left home Wednesday...Saturn and about 3:30, and I’m thinking it traveled toward the playa.
Miss Kate

Postby shaktiqueen » Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:20 pm

I lost a great pink straw hat with a flower attached. Could this be that hat?
shaktiqueen

Postby Tancorix » Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:23 pm

How about a black Columbia Sportswear "boonie" or ranger hat, with an anti-Bush button on the front...last seen in front of the lamplighters off center camp Friday evening?
Tancorix

my white canvas hat

Postby stingray17 » Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:58 am

I had a white canvas hat, like a fisherman's hat. I might have left it by the temple, but I think it was by the tree. It was white (or playa colored) and had four little eyelet holes. It was a plain hat, but a good one...
stingray17

My favorite hat, lost forever????? :~(

Postby sissylala29 » Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:31 pm

I lost a tan, kind of like a safari/cowboyish hat. It has strings on the sides that adjust kind of like a bolo tie....sure came in handy with the wonderful winds of the Playa!
I think I lost it somewhere between The Man and The Temple late Friday or EARLY Saturday....I had a bit of a wild night and woke up @ the temple, so I'm not really sure where I lost it.
This was my absolute favorite hat and looked good on me, if I do say so myelf (one of my strong points is modesty lol)
I figured it was hopeless but stumbled on the lost and found so figured I'd give it a shot....will probably post it as lost but think it might be hopeless...
sissylala29

Postby DVD Burner » Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:44 pm

I lost my hat and head with it.

Corney huh? :?

"The art is in the digit!"

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

Postby DVD Burner » Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:45 pm

Oh yeah.....Arrrrr!

"The art is in the digit!"

The Original Digiman
DVD Burner

unrequited hat love

Postby chula » Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:51 pm

If you find this one, it will be like God tickling my belly.
During the middle of Wed. white out, my vintage 10 gallon tight woven
straw cowboy hat, with a brown 7 cream band, blew off as I stood near the promenade to the man, hit the playa hard on its brim, and took off like a wagon wheel at 40mph. I tried to chase it, but after 5 minutes I broke into hysterical laughter and gave up.
"Bend and stretch, and reach for the stars"
chula

Re: found hat

Postby Icepack » Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:00 pm

Vajragaeayogini wrote:it hasn't been asked about here yet, trust me, I read the list three times.

describe it in close detail and we'll reunite ya

A guy I know set his hat down in Center Camp and turned away (or perhaps walked away to buy something to drink) and when he returned it was gone. I think it was a cowboy-type hat or something of that nature. All I remember of it was that it was brown or tan and had a brim. IF there is any chance I am right, let me know and I will get more details from him. He was really bummed to lose it. He had bought it on his way to Burning Man.
Icepack

Minnie Mouse type hat (kinda)

Postby careacter » Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:36 pm

Hi. Searching for a Red hat with White polka dots on it.
it might remind you of minnie mouse.and it's kinda like a beanie too.

please email me at careacter@sbcglobal.net
and i'll hook you up nice next year on the playa ;)

careacter

Postby bartholomew » Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:17 am

I lost a black fedora with a little reddish feathery thing in the hatband (went with my yellow zoot suit). If you need a pic, I have one of me in the suit and hat.
If this is mine, I would be thrilled (and amazed). Thanks for posting the 'found' message regardless.

Bartholomew
bartholomew

Postby RingO'Fire » Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:49 pm

I lost a white, floppy wide-brim woven (synthetic "straw") hat with multi-colored embroidered flowers on the front and a red and white shoelace through it for a chin strap.

I was riding my bike out and about one day when it blew off. I thought the chin-strap string was in front of my head, under my chin, so I just figured "Oh, it's cool; it's back there" (behind my head). With all the other crap around my neck (keys on a shoestring, bandana, goggles, necklace), I didn't worry just because I didn't feel the tug of the hat string against my throat. Boy was I surprised when I got back to camp and reached back for my hat!
...but it seemed like such a good idea at the time...
RingO'Fire

Oh Please say yes...

Postby The Brain Car » Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:04 am

Mrs Brain last her flourescent leppard print cowboy hat. Its kinda a velvet like material. Hope you found it, Thanks
The Brain Car

Burning Since: 1995
Camp Name: Jub Jub's Plastic Circus

Postby stimpysmurf » Fri Oct 08, 2004 5:55 pm

Really nice orange knit beanie cap, with gray fleece lining.

It's sort of nondescript, but I really, really like it.
stimpysmurf

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:50 pm

My hat was a multi-colored kinda Guatamalian hat with a black rim. Yes? :lol:

lost hat

Postby schieco » Sat Oct 09, 2004 3:32 pm

I lost a faux fur white/pale pink hat where it's *slightly* darker pink underneath in some places.

i hope that's it!

cheeks
schieco

Postby Dork » Sat Oct 09, 2004 11:17 pm

Someone left a baseball cap with "Obtain the Hate" written on the front in the Scorpion car. I'm not sure why anyone would like to obtain hate, but if it's yours perhaps you could explain it to me.

It looks like it may have been custom made. Describe the other things written on it and it's yours.
Dork

hat

Postby Rah-Rah » Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:00 pm

I lost a giant grey foam cowboy hat with a red band and stars, but if you found it, you can keep it. Material things are passing, especially ones with no sentimental value...
Rah-Rah

Postby Ganga » Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:25 pm

I lost a hat on the playa this year.

It's light pink with a rather small brim. Lost it on Monday night/ Tuesday morning - 8/30 - 9/1.

Thanks!
Ganga

Postby gypsyburning » Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:15 pm

I lost my straw cowgirl hat that has brown leather around it, and attached to that is a fake iris flower clip.
gypsyburning

pink strawberry shortcake hat

Postby rauchacha » Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:40 pm

i lost my pink hat with a strawberry shortcake patch on the front of it on the night of the burn.

we would be so happy to be back together.
rauchacha

lost hat: shady brady

Postby ohennig » Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:52 pm

I lost my (pretty new) "Shady Brady" size L. I lost it in the labirinth (trip to mars??) next to the "Space Virgins". It was my girlfriends present therefore it means a great deal to me and would be so gratefull if it can be found. Don't worry about the postage to Germany, I do have a mailing address in CA. ....oliver
ohennig

Lost folding hat

Postby HepCat1A » Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:28 pm

I lost a hat with floral print fabric over curved bamboo strips held together at the top with a rivet. It collapses like a fan to look somewhat like an "S" and expands to sort of a head sized mushroom shape. It was given to me by a friend upon my arrival.
HepCat1A

Next

Return to 2004 Lost & Found