- Listing a Fundraiser Event needs to happen in the Regionals & Events section. No spamming, you get a single thread for your fundraising event that must clearly state the project or camp that's benefitting. As a suggestion, you should also make sure the location (city/state or city/country outside the US) is in your thread title.
- Listing of Donation Programs and other fundraising efforts (ie kickstarter) must happen in a single thread for the camp or project, on the Support A Project board. If you run a subsequent fundraiser for your project later in the year, it must be posted as a reply to your thread.
- Your subject line should state the project name and include the word fundraiser. The subject line should not be an advertisement for merchandise. "SuperAwesomeCamp Fundraiser" = good, "Get BlinkyGlowyThings Only $10" = bad.
- We allow Ticket Raffle Fundraisers to be listed on the Support A Project board. Your subject line should include the words TICKET RAFFLE: and then the project/camp name and then the word fundraiser. "TICKET RAFFLE: SuperAwesomeCamp Fundraiser" = good, "Win tickets to Burning Man" = bad. Your post also needs to specify the raffle ticket costs and drawing details, and you need to follow up after the drawing to post the name(s) of the winner(s).
- Use your fundraiser thread to periodically update supporters on your progress and engage with the community, just don't go overboard. Responding to questions and comments is okay, but if there's no activity in the thread keep your updates to no more than once per week.
- We highly recommend that you check out the Support A Burning Man Project page on the main site, and submit a listing there if your project fits the submission guidelines.
- Fundraisers for all other things (your book deal, your burner business startup, your Burning Man tickets, etc) is not allowed on ePlaya.
Do NOT use ePlaya to discuss financial details of your camp or project. If you want to give someone a peek at your books, please do so privately. If you choose to put your books up for public review, do it on another site.
No crossposting or repeat posts/threads. It is important that over-zealous individuals don't spoil the boards by constantly bumping their threads to vie for attention. Abusing the board could result in threads being locked (to prevent bumping) or the losing the privilege of posting your fundraiser on ePlaya (at the discretion of the mod team).
[revised February 2014]