Hi from canada

Hi from canada

Postby 95lovechild » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:33 pm

Hi, my name is Chas well.. nickname :) but this upcoming year will be my first time attending burning man as I am turning 18 in this upcoming year and was never able to go due to being locked down by a parent. Looking forward to seeing some of you free spirits :)
95lovechild

Burning Since: 2013

Re: Hi from canada

Postby Savannah » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:12 pm

Hi Chas! :D

If you Burn in 2013, you will have started younger than almost everyone here, so there's not going to be a whole lot of people shocked by your having been "locked down". :) The best things you can do to get there are :

1) Read the Survival Guide (linked below)

2) Meet local Burners (anyone in your region, or even regions that are just kinda near . . . you might have to travel to rideshare)
http://regionals.burningman.com/na_index.html

3) Save your money! You might have to go on your own.

Oh, and if you have relatives who gift, add camping stuff to your wishlists or ask for gift cards to helpful stores.

Best of luck. People are pretty nice here if you make an obvious effort to find an answer first. (If you don't, they will hand you your keister).

Welcome!
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby illy dilly » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:04 am

Welcome to eplaya!

I'm sure you'll be able to find answers to all the questions you have some place on this board.

Also, for what its worth, you may receive some grief on Playa for not being over 21. Please understand that the local Law Enforcement is very hard on bars that serve minors or allow minors to hang around. Don't be offended if a bar or camp asks you to leave if you appear to be drunk, even if they didn't serve you alcohol.
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave
illy dilly

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:41 am

Most bars don't want you around at all if you're underage. I don't remember the exact provisions of the law, but we didn't even let minors into the bar part of the Booby Bar.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Return to Introduce Yourself!