Inane Things

All things outside of Burning Man.

Inane Things

Postby 1durphul » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:17 pm

Cut and paste the most inane thing you've seen a friend post online today... the only rule is that it must have been something they cut-and-paste themselves...
1durphul

Re: Inane Things

Postby 1durphul » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:23 pm

In response to the new Facebook guidelines I hereby declare that my copyright is attached to all of my personal details, illustrations, comics, paintings, professional photos and videos, etc. (as a result of the Berne Convention). For commercial use of the above my written consent is needed at all times!

(Anyone reading this can copy this text and paste it on their Facebook Wall. This will place them under protection of copyright laws. By the present communiqué, I notify Facebook that it is strictly forbidden to disclose, copy, distribute, disseminate, or take any other action against me on the basis of this profile and/or its contents. The aforementioned prohibited actions also apply to employees, students, agents and/or any staff under Facebook's direction or control. The content of this profile is private and confidential information. The violation of my privacy is punished by law (UCC 1 1-308-308 1-103 and the Rome Statute).

Facebook is now an open capital entity. All members are recommended to publish a notice like this, or if you prefer, you may copy and paste this version. If you do not publish a statement at least once, you will be tacitly allowing the use of elements such as your photos as well as the information contained in your profile status updates...

This went by on my Faceberks about 20 times yesterday. I suddenly have a new insight into which of my friends have no critical thinking skills.
1durphul

Postby Sham » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:26 pm

1durphul wrote:Cut and paste the most inane thing you've seen a friend post online today... the only rule is that it must have been something they cut-and-paste themselves...

This! :|
Sham

Postby 1durphul » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:39 pm

Shambala wrote:This! :|

I actually predicted this predictable response.
1durphul

Postby BBadger » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:12 pm

I'd copy and paste the OP's post too, but he's not my friend.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.
BBadger

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby trilobyte » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:22 pm

Silly parrots (retweeting without thought). That's not even the first time that goofy meme has made the rounds. This year.

When I pointed out the hoaxiness to a friend today, she sheepishly replied that reposting it couldn't hurt. I disagree, spreading misinformation can have a negative impact. Aside from polluting friends' newsfeeds with garbage, she sends out a pretty clear signal that she's gullible.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby BBadger » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:33 pm

Email chain letters are sooo 2002.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

BBadger

Postby BBadger » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:34 pm

Oh wait... I have the best one...

"Hey there, welcome to eplaya!"

BBadger

Postby 1durphul » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:35 am

trilobyte wrote:Silly parrots (retweeting without thought). That's not even the first time that goofy meme has made the rounds. This year.

When I pointed out the hoaxiness to a friend today, she sheepishly replied that reposting it couldn't hurt. I disagree, spreading misinformation can have a negative impact. Aside from polluting friends' newsfeeds with garbage, she sends out a pretty clear signal that she's gullible.

Yeah when facebook was about to go public that thing went crazy. Believe it or not it's actually originally from a tea party nut's blog. Unfortunately this thing is so widespread now I couldn't find it on google as easily as I did in March or May the last time this stinker went around.
1durphul

Postby 1durphul » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:37 am

BBadger wrote:I'd copy and paste the OP's post too, but he's not my friend.

I did not predict this. Badger I thought we were friends with benefits... kiss kiss darling.
1durphul

Postby BBadger » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:28 am

Well since you got that face-transplant from Nicolas Cage, I just lost the feeling. :(

BBadger

Postby 1durphul » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:20 pm

BBadger wrote:Well since you got that face-transplant from Nicolas Cage, I just lost the feeling. :(

I'm sad about this, but we shouldn't have been married in the first place.
1durphul

Postby 1durphul » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:19 pm

A friend posted this (obviously made up) story to her facebook wall with the comment "how did this guy ever become a pediatrician" thereby indicating she thought this story was real.

This Doctor Is In The Wrong Roll
DOCTOR | BOISE, ID, USA | EMPLOYEES, FAMILY & KIDS, HEALTH & SICKNESS
(My husband and I have taken our 3-month-old child to see a pediatrician for his checkup.)

Doctor: “All right, strip him down to his diaper, and lay him on the table there.”

(My husband does as he asks and I take over by placing my hands protectively over his stomach so he won’t move too much.)

Doctor: “You know, it’s not that cold in here.”

Me: “I know but he’s been rolling over for a couple weeks now, and I don’t want him falling off.”

Doctor: “Uh huh. Well, anyways…”

(I remove my hands and the doctor proceeds to pin my son’s head down to check his one of his ears. However, my son takes this as cue to roll over.)

Doctor *shocked* “He rolled over! Did you roll him over? Why did he roll over?!”

(He pokes my son nervously, which just elicits a surprised giggle from him. The doctor immediately snatches his finger back.)

Me: “Well, like I said, he’s a very active baby and he loves rolling over. So, you just gotta watch him and be careful.”

(The doctor gives me a weird look and pins my son’s head down again to check out the other ear. Although he’s on his stomach, my son again takes this as his cue to roll over.)

Doctor: *jerks back* “He rolled over again! Why does he keep doing that?! Can’t you stop him?!” *to my son* “Stop rolling over!”

Me: “Right. Uh, again, I repeat that I have a very active baby. Even in sleep, I cannot get him to stay still unless I physically restrain him. By the way, I wanted you to check out his bottom gums. I know it’s a bit soon, but—”

(I stop in surprise as the doctor immediately pries my son’s mouth open and sticks his finger in his mouth. As with any new thing that goes into a baby’s mouth, my son promptly clamps down.)

Doctor: *screams in pain* “HE BIT ME! Your baby bit me! I thought you said he was only three months old! Why does he have teeth?! He bit me!”

(At this point my husband intervened, picked up our son, and we left. I have never met a pediatrician so inexperienced!)
1durphul

Return to Open Discussion