Air Band Camp?

Whether you're a registered theme camp or not this is the place to discuss and share camp plans, find a camp to join, or recruit new campmates.

Air Band Camp?

Postby moonwookie » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:00 pm

Has it been done?

Small stage, intimate sound system. This is, shall we say, a "karaoke totem pole". Why let the singer have all the fun? Get an air drummer, air guitarist, air bass player, and make an entire air band! Depending on the number of volunteers, you could make a big band jazz ensemble, a blues set with harmonica and piano, even country lap guitars. The only person with equipment would be the one with the microphone, and they don't even have to sing (probably better if they don't, especially if they don't know the words!). You need NOTHING in the way of musical training, just pile on the musical emoting and you're ready to go.
moonwookie

Burning Since: 2013

Re: Air Band Camp?

Postby Savannah » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:46 pm

Never heard of it having been done, anyway.

. . . Even if it had been done, it doesn't meant you shouldn't do it and blow a few minds.

There are @#$%tons of virgins every year, and even habitual Burners can't see it all, by a long shot.
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby burgin » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:47 pm

I have done this! Its more fun than meets the eye. sorry. but no its super fun, and good for music geeks.

some friends and i put on a perfomance as "air zeppelin" at a summer camp during my middle school years. i still have fond memories of practicing on my "air drum set"
I'm new here...
burgin

Postby Savannah » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:20 pm

You probably didn't do it at the Burn though, or you wouldn't bill yourself as "burgin". :)

Welcome to ePlaya. You can go have an introductory thread in "Introduce Yourself", if you like.
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:58 pm

Remember, the air in BRC is very dry. Don't let your air instruments crack, check them daily. You might want to put a damp sponge in their cases...
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby burgin » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:12 pm

True, that wasn't at a burn, because I AM aptly named. As for proper humidity, I'm of the opinion that it is much more important to keep the bandmembers properly lubricated. Preferences, vary but I'm a fan of alcohol.
I'm new here...
burgin

Postby BearMammoth » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:01 am

In 2012 our theme camp Freestyle Palace was home to the Black Rock City Regional Air Guitar Championship. We have two nationally-ranked air guitarists in our camp - yes, it's a real thing (see http://usairguitar.com/) and the US Dark Horse contender WON THE FUCKING WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP THIS YEAR!!! Anyway, Cold Steel Renegade and Seth Liebovitz MCed the show on Wednesday night (listed in WhatWhereWhen). We're planning for it again, perhaps we can join forces or at least coordinate events and spread word-of-mouth about each other!
​Burning Seed: Australia's Regional Burn - http://www.BurningSeed.com

Burning Seed Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/314821065195149/

The Flaming Galah newsletter - Australia's JRS: http://www.burningseed.com/newsletter/
BearMammoth

Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Freestyle Palace

Return to 2013 Theme Camps