Forget Piss Clear.... PISS POWER!!!!

A place to discuss all things involving power and lighting. Generator tips, alternative energy, lighting your camp/bike/art/self and more.

Forget Piss Clear.... PISS POWER!!!!

Postby happydragon » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:08 pm

These people must be reincarnated Burners.... I mean, recycle your urine, get both power and explosive gas... it's the perfect trifecta of awesome! It could only be better if it ate sparkleponies and shat bacon!

http://io9.com/5958887/oh-this-just-som ... -generator
happydragon

Burning Since: 2010

Re: Forget Piss Clear.... PISS POWER!!!!

Postby Rice » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:40 am

Love Rice

Roach: "I feel like in this day and age, every girl should know how to build a flamethrower."
Rice

Burning Since: 2007

Postby BBadger » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:14 am

Or not...

I was wondering about how they proposed to actually generate more electricity than it takes to break the urea itself apart. Stretch80's article clears it up with references that the technique can be used to offset energy use for waste-water treatment that is already ongoing. Using urea instead of just water also uses less energy for the production of hydrogen, so that's a plus.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.
BBadger

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby Bob » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:11 pm

Well, you can power at least one LED using a pair of stakes of dissimilar metals and peeing around them.

Also known as a "playa battery".
Amazing desert structures & stuff: http://sites.google.com/site/potatotrap/

"Let us say I suggest you may be human." -- Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam
Bob

Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: Royaneh

Postby Foxfur » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:00 pm

I read a journal article about the increased production of H2 from urine in 2009. I was excited about it so I set up a 1 liter experimental system in my lab at work. When asked what it was I said it was an electrochemical method for making hard cider from apple juice. That cover worked until a coworker sampled some of it one night. He told me it was the saltiest cider he'd ever tasted. I couldn't hold back and ended up telling him what it really was.
Priceless!
Later that day my supervisor, barely suppressing giggles, asked me to disassemble the system and not repeat it :D
He's a mystery wrapped in a riddle, inside an enigma, painted in hot pants. - Savannah
Propane ToysImage
How to do it wrong:
Foxfur

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: 404 Village Not Found

Postby Gonzo Frothwood » Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:25 pm

You have my unending love as a person who has seen too much piss. FYI if you piss in a cup and pour it out, when you pour beer in it won`t foam over.........so I have heard........ hmmmmm.
"There is nothing so over-estimated as a piece of ass, and nothing so under-estimated as a good and greasy shit." Boneman Johnson
Gonzo Frothwood

Return to Power & Illumination