Temple Guardian Vanessa

Temple Guardian Vanessa

Postby Aloniero » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:41 pm

Loved ones,
Please help me find Vanessa from Canada, She was a Guardian at the Temple on the shift that ended Wednesday night 00:00, maybe someone here knows how to find the lists of volunteers and find her there...

Vanessa,
We shared a real moment in life.
I came to the temple Wednesday night trying to let go and say goodbye...
You noticed me breakdown in tears and came over to give me a hug. Your touch centered me and helped me contain the intensity of the emotional experience.
We set down and shared a beautiful and real moment, we shared a silence and later a conversation. You told me it was your 12th year, you are from Canada. you thought me more in an hour than what I have learnt in years. Your touch effected me profoundly and my experience of the burn completely changed at our encounter.
your shift ended at midnight we said goodbye and never met again.
I have much to thank you for and much to share. I would love to keep in touch off the playa.

Love
Aloniero

Burning Since: 2012

Re: Temple Guardian Vanessa

Postby justfred » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:34 pm

I don't know, but from your description, I think I met her, too, by the EGO artwork on a windy afternoon; she was cool. Good luck!
What goes around, comes around.
justfred

Postby CrispyDave » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:23 pm

Check the Temple Guardians website, Carousel may pass on a message.

http://templeguardians.org/

Voice...
Plan for the worst, expect the best.
Make the most out of it under any conditions.
If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself.
CrispyDave

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Temple Guardians

Postby Savannah » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:38 pm

That sounds wonderfully comforting, Aloniero. I'm glad Vanessa was there when you needed her.

And thanks for the link, CrispyDave.

Learn something new every day . . . :)
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby ygmir » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:51 pm

we can count ourselves lucky, to encounter a being such as Vanessa..........she may be ethereal, consider that. Hold that spot, and be cautious, to seek and find a human, who you may think is her.
It may have been the spirit, not the human.
in those spaces and times, it all mixes.
I'm not saying, she is not real, and will not know exactly what you say, or want........but I'd also submit, if you don't find her, or find her and she's not what you expect, that it was the spirit, the time and place for you to meet it.
but you were given a gift, and lucky you, in that.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby Savannah » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:56 pm

ygmir wrote: if you don't find her, or find her and she's not what you expect, that it was the spirit, the time and place for you to meet it.
but you were given a gift, and lucky you, in that.

I agree with that 100%, Yggy.

Sometimes the feeling is closely tied to the time & place, and the possibility of never encountering it again makes it no less amazing, significant, or important. In fact, it might be more so.
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby CrispyDave » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:15 pm

As a burgin this year and a Temple Guardian I would say keep the memory.

I came to BRC this year first for the Temple. I had an offering that called out to be placed into the Temple. I most likely would have never attended if not for the Temple.

I had 3 shifts for the Temple as a Guardian and it was an honor to keep the Temple space. I saw wonders there that are difficult to explain and felt emotions over every range.

I am very empathetic and it was wonderful.

I arrived to the desert Sunday afternoon and was in camp by 11pm.
Monday night I went out to temple and was able to witness the temple in its glory 99% free of what was to come. There were very little offerings and it seemed empty.

Forward to Thursday, I had my second guardian duty 4-8pm and it was entirely different. There were souls everywhere, love heartbreak and hope abounded. I was fortunate enough to be able to spend this time lending support where it was needed and keeping the temple grounds safe and free for all to enjoy.

Forward to Sunday night, I was early to temple as we had duty to set the burn area and keep the area clear for the burn. As the burn perimeter was expanded and offerings were brought there were people to help these late offerings. When the people started coming out pre-burn to sit and wait and celebrate we stood watch.

The actual burn is another story which I am not yet ready to tell. Suffice to say the emotions are fresh and real. I celebrated with everyone who was there and felt their joy, pain and release as those who had come were let go.
Plan for the worst, expect the best.
Make the most out of it under any conditions.
If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself.
CrispyDave

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Temple Guardians

Postby mgb327 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:42 pm

My "aha" moment was on Thursday, the 2011 burn, at 1PM at my "shift" at the WDYDWYD? photo booth on the playa. I was shooting for WDYDWYD?, and these 3 sparklish-type females walked up. Mid twenties, attractive. My role was also as a "communicator", to explain what we were doing, and give some direction to what the photo subjects may want to write on the sign they hold up for the photo. It is called "why do you do what you do?". I was standing up on the kiosk, and one of the women wanted to do a photo, but had no idea what to write. She asked me what I wrote for mine. I said "I Survived". She asked what I survived. I don't know what happened to me at that moment. I said I survived an airplane crash in 1995, 23 years of drug addiction and alcoholism, and the desire to not live anymore. I said I was 22 years sober and just so fucking happy to be alive. She came up to me and we hugged and cried for 20 minutes. Sobbed. Just bawled, both of us. Her two friends were getting concerned. She just said "thank you" and walked over to her friends and they held her and all walked slowly away. I was completely altered, in another place. I turned around, and the other photograper stood there, a seasoned veteran, and said "See? It isn't about taking pictures". I was transformed at that moment. I never saw her again, don't even want to know her name. She will forever be a big part of my becoming a Burner, and I am grateful.
Dogs are the leaders of the planet. If you see two life forms, one of them’s making a poop, the other one’s carrying it for him, who would you assume is in charge?
" I am a controlled substance". Savannah.
mgb327

Postby mgb327 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:44 pm

I am not even near able to speak of my Temple experiences yet, life-changing stuff. I am so grateful to Burning Man.
Dogs are the leaders of the planet. If you see two life forms, one of them’s making a poop, the other one’s carrying it for him, who would you assume is in charge?
" I am a controlled substance". Savannah.
mgb327

Postby wh..sh » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:29 am

What a beautiful moment, mgb!!
In my world there's only legible and more legible.

-Bob
wh..sh

Postby dangerpin » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:21 am

Aloniero wrote:Loved ones,
Please help me find Vanessa from Canada, She was a Guardian at the Temple on the shift that ended Wednesday night 00:00, maybe someone here knows how to find the lists of volunteers and find her there...

Love

Don't give up hope! I almost did and then I was re-united with my hero. Trust me! She will not forget you.

http://eplaya.burningman.com/viewtopic.php?t=63011
dangerpin

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Chevy Chaise Furniture Car Rally

Return to Lost Humans