Pershing County Jail Sucks!

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.

Re: Pershing County Jail Sucks!

Postby dontaskIwonttell » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:13 am

Foxfur wrote:The last thing I'd do in a backwards county is disclose my sexual preference to Barney Fife. You're just painting a target on your, whatever...

Or spend a couple weeks with a few bikers who were broke and looking to extort the first person they could. Besides, it's going to come out eventually.

I guess it could have been worse and I'm not implying that jails in California are great either. They might have separate areas for gays BUT when you get a group of 40-50 gay people (typical dormitory) there is always someone who wants to run things/drama/fights. Unfortunately, like a lot of things, jail is just something I have gotten used to - it's as bad as everyone says and worse but one thing it hasn't done is help my drug problem, if anything it makes it worse, just thinking of all the fights and arguments that I've seen while in jail makes me want to go get some heroine so I don't have to think about it anymore.

It makes just as much sense as calling jail "treatment" for any non violent "crime" including giving away drugs. And if you weren't violent before going to jail at the very least you will have a high tolerance for violence when you leave b/c jails are operated either by the threat of violence or more likely it's use. There is a reason why fights in jail not only go unprosecuted but are encouraged - violence is looked at as an acceptable means of control so long as it's not used against staff. And the general public for the most part not only accepts but also encourages it (enter all the jokes about dropping the soap, ect ect). The hypocrisy of our judicial system is just mind-boggling
dontaskIwonttell

Burning Since: 2008

Postby dontaskIwonttell » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:26 am

tattoogoddess wrote:
ranger magnum wrote:The real issue here is what, exactly, constitutes a fake cinderella?

pretty sure i found her, well the little girl did. Google helped though.

No, the narc cinderella had more of the slut version of the costume going - short skirt/sleeves. I would be feeling better if I could say she was hot but she wasn't.
dontaskIwonttell

Postby Savannah » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:51 am

Sympathy for drug busts just isn't something ePlaya does well, historically--for anyone.

I'm trying to think of someone who was coddled and hugged under such circumstances, and it's not coming to mind, even though I've seen probably two dozen people complain about it in the past 4 years.
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby Foxfur » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:09 am

Savannah wrote:Sympathy for drug busts just isn't something ePlaya does well, historically--for anyone.

I'm trying to think of someone who was coddled and hugged under such circumstances, and it's not coming to mind, even though I've seen probably two dozen people complain about it in the past 4 years.

If I'm under the influence, I'll coddle, cuddle, fondle, and maybe even hug them. Whatever's appropriate. Or inappropriate. Or even remotely possible.
He's a mystery wrapped in a riddle, inside an enigma, painted in hot pants. - Savannah
Propane ToysImage
How to do it wrong:
Foxfur

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: 404 Village Not Found

Postby tattoogoddess » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:17 am

dontaskIwonttell wrote:OUnfortunately, like a lot of things, jail is just something I have gotten used to - it's as bad as everyone says and worse but one thing it hasn't done is help my drug problem, if anything it makes it worse, just thinking of all the fights and arguments that I've seen while in jail makes me want to go get some heroine so I don't have to think about it anymore.

ok first thing... jail is just something you have gotten used to? then maybe it is time to reevaluate what you are doing with your life. Jail is not something that someone should be used to. I spent less then 10 hours in jail once and I will be damned if I ever do something to land my ass back there again!

You blaming your drug habit saying it has become worse because of jail is a load of bullshit frankly. Only YOU have control of your habit. You chose to make it better or worse.There are programs out there that are even free to get you clean if you so choose to seek those out. My father has been clean of drugs and booze for over 20 years and 2 stints in rehab because he made the choice he needed help and was done with it. It all comes with in if you want it bad enough. But from the honest sounds of things you want to blame others for your issues. You don't want to take responsibility for anything you have done or continue to do. You run from your issues and place the blame else where when you should infarct be pointing the finger at your self. Stop running from your shit and man up!!

Also I have to ask... if you were on probation... why did you go to burning man? I am pretty sure most probation supervisors are not going to allow you to cross state lines to go to a "festival" where know drug use is present. so im guessing you went to bm with out their ok? As most of probation do not allow you to leave the state unless it is oked by the department.

Bottom line. Man up, Take responsibility for what you did and knock it off with the pitty party. Only YOU got you into this trouble no one else. If you would have not acted like a dumb ass you would have not been "mistreated" (ps most cops arnt dicks unless you give them a valid reason to be. I know many police and people with the sheriff office and they are all quite nice. you play nice they will be nice as well. they are human like everyone else and have emotions and sympathy.)
maladroit- Burning Man is like a second job, except you pay to work there.
Burning Man is just the pre party for exodus! - fellow burner during exodus
http://burnon.wix.com/bloodbathandbeyond
tattoogoddess

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: bloodbath and beyond

Postby dontaskIwonttell » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:41 am

tattoogoddess wrote:
dontaskIwonttell wrote:OUnfortunately, like a lot of things, jail is just something I have gotten used to - it's as bad as everyone says and worse but one thing it hasn't done is help my drug problem, if anything it makes it worse, just thinking of all the fights and arguments that I've seen while in jail makes me want to go get some heroine so I don't have to think about it anymore.

ok first thing... jail is just something you have gotten used to? then maybe it is time to reevaluate what you are doing with your life. Jail is not something that someone should be used to. I spent less then 10 hours in jail once and I will be damned if I ever do something to land my ass back there again!

You blaming your drug habit saying it has become worse because of jail is a load of bullshit frankly. Only YOU have control of your habit. You chose to make it better or worse.There are programs out there that are even free to get you clean if you so choose to seek those out. My father has been clean of drugs and booze for over 20 years and 2 stints in rehab because he made the choice he needed help and was done with it. It all comes with in if you want it bad enough. But from the honest sounds of things you want to blame others for your issues. You don't want to take responsibility for anything you have done or continue to do. You run from your issues and place the blame else where when you should infarct be pointing the finger at your self. Stop running from your shit and man up!!

Also I have to ask... if you were on probation... why did you go to burning man? I am pretty sure most probation supervisors are not going to allow you to cross state lines to go to a "festival" where know drug use is present. so im guessing you went to bm with out their ok? As most of probation do not allow you to leave the state unless it is oked by the department.

Bottom line. Man up, Take responsibility for what you did and knock it off with the pitty party. Only YOU got you into this trouble no one else. If you would have not acted like a dumb ass you would have not been "mistreated" (ps most cops arnt dicks unless you give them a valid reason to be. I know many police and people with the sheriff office and they are all quite nice. you play nice they will be nice as well. they are human like everyone else and have emotions and sympathy.)

Sometimes the reality is THAT intolerable that people feel they need drugs - both legal and illegal. If AA worked for your dad then that is great for him but for some people I guess the reality really is that bad that at the very least you need an escape now and then - I dont use drugs ALL the time so I'm not even a good candidate for the programs I'm already in. And unfortunately, once you're in the system it's very difficult to get out.

It's almost a guarantee that at some point before my probation is up I will violate and see jail at least a few more times. And yes petty stuff like leaving the state is one way of doing that.

And yes most cops ARE BAD b/c even the "good" ones know who the rogue cops are and they would almost never tell on one another. And even the "nice" ones have a COMPLETELY different attitude once they are away from the public view (such as in jail) - I lost count how many times I've seen people beaten in jail by the police. Hardened gang members are afraid of the police and probably rightly so (no I don't condone criminal activity but sometimes its hard to tell who the bad people really are).

BUT, if the most time you've ever spent in jail is a few hours consider yourself lucky - good for you.
dontaskIwonttell

Postby Humin » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:49 am

Poppin in to say thanks for the info
Humin

Burning Since: 2013

Postby dontaskIwonttell » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:06 am

Since I covered some of the negatives about jail I might as well share a few of the beneficial aspects........well sort of. Jails today, at least in California are really good at churning out welfare recipients and I'm one of them. There was a time when I had a good job and was a contributing member of society but jail changed all that.

Before going to jail for the first time I didn't even know what SSI was, but thanks to some retard judge who thought it was a good idea to "teach me a lesson" and send me to jail for what I consider a LONG time (almost a full year) for possession of cocaine (1st time ever in jail) and what they said was my intent to distribute, which wasn't true.

While in jail you hear things, and one of the scams people have going is to tell the psychologists they're having "head problems" (dont worry if you're really not b/c eventually you will - jail does that to people) THEN when you get out run down to the SSI Office with your doctor as a reference and wa-la , you get your crummy SSI check - YOU HAVE NOW BEEN CO-OPTED INTO THE SYSTEM!

When I walked back into the same judge's court (different judge than the one I have now) he didn't seem to have the same gleefulness as before - I felt like saying, yeah retards, 9 months in jail for some lousy drugs with no prior record did really F*** me up. Now whos laughing? And gee it's kind of hard to pay the $92k in student loans when I'm on SSI not to mention all your b.s. court fees. Even the DA didn't have the same jerky gleeful expression as she had before.

But yeah, I blame the "system" for SOME of my problems. And I don't even want the damn SSI money (about $1200 per month, which is a fraction of what I WAS earning) I just want the court off my back!! And that isn't going to happen any time soon so SCREW IT!!!

I can't wait to hear all the "take responsibility for yourself" replies. LOL
dontaskIwonttell

Postby graidawg » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:27 am

of course its not your fault, you have to buy the illegal drugs, even though you now have a record for possession and distribution. You are known to the cops for drugs so OF COURSE it's there fault for arresting you they spend all day of ways to mess you up. sending you to prison, they dont want you to pay the student loan after all you are clearly an easy bust for them BECAUSE YOU ARE STUPID.

i mean come on fella, you repeat arrests for possession are on probation when they drug test you anytime they want and you continue to carry the very thing that land you in jail time and time again? you know crossing the state line will probably put you behind bars again and you still do it.

obviously this is a personal vendetta against you with the stupid rules they enforce can't they see you are special because you are GAY!

seriously i think you are a good argument for enforced sterilisation because any chance you might breed (even though you are gay) will increase the amount of stupid in the world. Take a year off, don't do drugs, don't go out of state, do the things your parole officer tells you. then perhaps if you feel your life is so aweful you just can't cope without doing some sort of illegal drug (rather than the legal choice- beer and liquer) here is a suggestion, get what you need, take it then go out without any on you. that when the Police officer see's you and thinks "oh there is that stupid guy i arrested before" he won't find anything on you. TADA no prison time.

or go to a state with the 3 strike rule and hope to get arrested 3 times and love in prison which obviously suits you.
completely unconcerned.
"Savannah" I like it . . . it makes us sound forward-thinking, and not at all like trailblazing, professional-level procrastinors.
the rest of us are in the School of Fukkit. "Eric"
graidawg

Camp Name: Dread Pirate barbie

Postby Simon of the Playa » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:13 am

Burning Man without drugs is like Sex without Orgasm.

why bother.

seriously.

if i couldnt take copius amounts of LSD-25 while on playa, and i mean COPIUS, i'd just stay in fucking reno.

seriously...
breathe deep, the playa is the dust of your ancestors

A gift for the Playa
Simon of the Playa

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Postby Roberto Dobbisano » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:20 am

funny thing is, he's totally telling the truth.
one nation, under a groove.
Roberto Dobbisano

Postby H.G.Crosby » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:21 am

well it's nice to know you've slowed down a bit and aren't going on 5 day adderall benders anymore.
Once I noticed I was on fire, I decided to relax and enjoy the fall™
H.G.Crosby

Postby Simon of the Playa » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:23 am

yeah, temporary psychosis just isnt as much fun as it used to be, i'll stick to hallucinogens, thank you.
breathe deep, the playa is the dust of your ancestors

A gift for the Playa
Simon of the Playa

Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Postby lucky420 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:45 am

Calling bullshit on the op. think you are a troll. Well done sir, well done...
Oh my god, it's HUGE!
lucky420

Burning Since: I'm not sure
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Postby Dr. Pyro » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:32 am

Jeeze Louise, not only is this douchebag a drug addict, he's also a parasite on society who also happens to want everybody on this forum to know he's gay. A useless waste of protoplasm who thinks clearly all cops are "pigs" and that the rules of a civil society don't apply to him because he's gay and a drug addict. Time was a person of this Darwinian bent would be put out of their, and our, misery. Talk about your halcyon days of yore. Man up and quit being a friggin crybaby you loser. It's human debris like you that gives Burning Man a bad name.
Dr. Pyro

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby Ugly Dougly » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:47 am

lucky420 wrote:Calling bullshit on the op. think you are a troll. Well done sir, well done...

My, you're quick. ;)
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Postby graidawg » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:02 am

Dr. Pyro wrote:Jeeze Louise, not only is this douchebag a drug addict, he's also a parasite on society who also happens to want everybody on this forum to know he's gay. A useless waste of protoplasm who thinks clearly all cops are "pigs" and that the rules of a civil society don't apply to him because he's gay and a drug addict. Time was a person of this Darwinian bent would be put out of their, and our, misery. Talk about your halcyon days of yore. Man up and quit being a friggin crybaby you loser. It's human debris like you that gives Burning Man a bad name.

i think this is worth about +32.5 points mainly for its simple to understand words. which the heroin may not prevent him understanding.
completely unconcerned.
"Savannah" I like it . . . it makes us sound forward-thinking, and not at all like trailblazing, professional-level procrastinors.
the rest of us are in the School of Fukkit. "Eric"
graidawg

Camp Name: Dread Pirate barbie

Postby FIGJAM » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:20 am

Probation is a trick bag.

Get all charges, fines, fees, and probation consolidated for everything in your entire past.

Then go to prison (much better than county jails) and come out with no strings attachted. 8)
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
FIGJAM

Postby wh..sh » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:41 am

dontaskIwonttell wrote:FAKE cinderella

Shouldn't this be in Tautology thread?
In my world there's only legible and more legible.

-Bob
wh..sh

Postby gyre » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:45 am

Tautology and eugenics already?
Wow

What's next?
gyre

Postby Nipple » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:52 am

It's Hitler by page 5!

WE CAN DO IT!
Nipple

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Foxfur » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:54 am

dontaskIwonttell wrote:It's almost a guarantee that at some point before my probation is up I will violate and see jail at least a few more times. And yes petty stuff like leaving the state is one way of doing that.

At least you have goals, eh?

dontaskIwonttell wrote:And I don't even want the damn SSI money (about $1200 per month, which is a fraction of what I WAS earning)... LOL

Then QUIT TAKING IT!!! Go down to the SSI office and demand that they stop giving you money. While you're at it, tell them you're scamming them with techniques you learned in jail. I can almost guarantee that you can fulfill your stated goal from the first quote.
You're spending MY money on Burning man and drugs???
Fuck the fuck out of you! And I mean that in a consensually gay way.
And yeah, LO fucking L.
Laughing all the way to the jailhouse...
He's a mystery wrapped in a riddle, inside an enigma, painted in hot pants. - Savannah
Propane ToysImage
How to do it wrong:
Foxfur

Camp Name: 404 Village Not Found

Postby wh..sh » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:56 am

Nipple wrote:It's Hitler by page 5!

WE CAN DO IT!

Why wait?

-Bob
wh..sh

Postby Nipple » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:00 am

That...

That was amazing.

I wept.
Nipple

Postby Savannah » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:01 am

Foxfur wrote:
dontaskIwonttell wrote:And I don't even want the damn SSI money (about $1200 per month, which is a fraction of what I WAS earning)... LOL

Then QUIT TAKING IT!!! Go down to the SSI office and demand that they stop giving you money. While you're at it, tell them you're scamming them with techniques you learned in jail. I can almost guarantee that you can fulfill your stated goal from the first quote.
You're spending MY money on Burning man and drugs???
Fuck the fuck out of you! And I mean that in a consensually gay way.
And yeah, LO fucking L.
Laughing all the way to the jailhouse...

That is the best thing I will hear all day. :lol:

Savannah

Postby remi » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:04 am

Is this thread a big joke?

"I gave an under cover drugs while I was on probation.. so I went to jail and breached probation.. not to mention I'm gay and I didn't get my own cell!"

I'm happy you all gave this piece of work a warm welcome (Doc, Lucky, etc.)

But seriously... that's fucked up! I thought you were suppose to have your own kingsize bed and maid in jail, and you got 3 x 5course meals cooked by Iron Chef Bobby Flay. The way you mention it.. Jail is actually not a very fun place... and I just don't believe that one bit!
Can you at least admit that nuclear explosions are awesome!?
remi

Postby Savannah » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:09 am

When I go to jail, it's awful. Or sure--sometimes there's smoked salmon, fancy cheese and savory crackers . . . but sometimes it's just cold ravioli and it's like, WTF? And there's no heat at night, or air conditioning even during the heat of day, and I've generally had too much champagne to tell who the guards are.

Oh, wait.

Savannah

Postby Nipple » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:16 am

Hang on to that salmon... A packet of salmon is easily 5 macks.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122290720439096481.html
Nipple

Postby knowmad » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:24 am

Nipple wrote:Hang on to that salmon... A packet of salmon is easily 5 macks.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122290720439096481.html

............................................Image...........................................
Oh yeah, this year I was totally twerping out at the fence. ~Lonesombri
knowmad

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: 09-11 Specialist Clan
12 BWS BDV/DPB

Postby wh..sh » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:46 am

Savannah wrote:When I go to jail, it's awful. Or sure--sometimes there's smoked salmon, fancy cheese and savory crackers . . . but sometimes it's just cold ravioli and it's like, WTF? And there's no heat at night, or air conditioning even during the heat of day, and I've generally had too much champagne to tell who the guards are.

Are you serious!
I also heard not everyone is prison looks like this guy. What kind of justice is that!!!?

-Bob
wh..sh

PreviousNext

Return to Experiences at Burning Man