Black Sun Drum Korps - MacBeth

Postby Drum Major » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:33 am

Dear Friends

Please allow me to introduce myself - Drum Major Russell MacEwan of Black Sun Drum Korps, Glasgow, Scotland UK.
I was wondering if we would be suitable for Burning Man 2013? The Drum Korps require many industrial percussionists and cut-up text writers to complete the necessary scale required.
Regards
Russell

-------------------------

The Scotsman:

"IN A DEEP dark arch, somewhere under central station, tattered flags hang from the ceilling, filthy and bloodied. The light is dim; a group of six face-painted drummers dressed in black stand gathered around a fallen steel cupboard. As a ferocious soundscape fills the space, they begin to beat on the steel with drumsticks; the sound – including fragments of Shakespeare’s verse – is terrifying, like a solid wall of horror sweeping out through the audience.

This is the Black Sun Drum Korps’s 25-minute Macbeth, part of the second group of shows in this year’s Arches Live! festival. The show describes itself as offering highlander rhythms, dark magick and industrial witchcraft; but in truth it seems more frightening than that, a dark vision of some violent, blood-boltered Scottish past that could return to haunt us still."
Joyce McMillan
Macbeth 4 stars ****
SEX, MAGICK AND BLOOD. Warpaint masks and animal skins. Light the fires.
Led by Drum Major Russell MacEwan (Ron Athey & Company) and Scottish industrial/ doom trio Black Sun.
Drum Major

Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Black Sun Drum Korps

Re: Black Sun Drum Korps - MacBeth

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:19 am

If that's what you want to do, and you're willing to pay your own way, than it goes.
I cannot answer about the Industrial Percussionists or the Cut-Up Text Writers, because I am not clear on what you mean. There are drummers on playa (stick around on eplaya long enough and you'lll read the jokes about hippie drum circles) and there are cut-ups and there are writers. Perhaps something can be improvised.
You might have to hustle a bit to find a venue, by which I mean contact the people who have stages are who are looking to fill them.
If there's more you want to know, ask.
Have at it.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Drum Major » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:31 am

Thank you
Led by Drum Major Russell MacEwan (Ron Athey & Company) and Scottish industrial/ doom trio Black Sun.
Drum Major

Postby Drum Major » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:33 am

It looks and sounds like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvV3XINkhfk
Drum Major

Re: Black Sun Drum Korps - (The Scottish Play)

Postby Ugly Dougly » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:41 am

NO. TOO WEIRD FOR BURNING MAN!!!!

Kidding, mate, this is exactly the sort of performance that has been missing recently.

It would rule heavily, no lie.

Will you have your whole crew here? Do you need extra performers?

There's a fair bit of talent here, just define what help you will need and you will get it.
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby Ugly Dougly » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:51 am

I've done a fair bit of crazy-ass tribal drumming.

You might consider bringing in some of other crazies like this guy:

viewtopic.php?f=321&t=63084
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby illy dilly » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:36 am

Welcome to eplaya!

You are absolutely Suitable!
I like to think that in a city of 50,000 people if there is something that I find interesting/fun/entertaining/funny/amazing/epic/etc. then there are at least a couple hundred other folks that will think the same thing.
If you and your friends thinks its fun, then others probably will too... and if not, screw'em its your burn you! Do what you want!
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave
illy dilly

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Postby dragonpilot » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:38 pm

How can I join this group?
Don't bore your friends with all your troubles. Tell your enemies instead, for they will delight in hearing about them.
dragonpilot

Burning Since: 2005

Postby trilobyte » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:28 pm

Hello and welcome to ePlaya! Of course, you'd be welcome to buy tickets and bring all your stuff out and participate in the event - just like the rest of us. Ticket details for the 2013 event have not yet been announced, when they are they'll be posted here as well as on the main site and in the Jack Rabbit Speaks newsletter. Please take some time to read things like the First Timer's Guide and the Survival Guide as well as do some general browsing of the site to get an idea of what kind of undertaking you'll be getting into, and how best to overcome the challenges. Good luck, and hope to see you out there!
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby Drum Major » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:54 am

Thank you everyone for your input. I'm working on the logistics.
Drum Major

Return to Introduce Yourself!