Alright, let's hear the best and worst from 2012

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.

Re: Alright, let's hear the best and worst from 2012

Postby Fiver » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:34 pm

(Midnight Sunday into Monday opening day) My gate check took 30 seconds. My car and trailer could have had 10+ stowaways but they never would have known given how fast they looked. Cracked the door open on the trailer 6", she peered inside with a flashlight (and probably saw nothing but the bottom of coolers) and said "Thank you move along".

My greeter wanted to let us out, but there was a weather thing so no go, the bells weren't even hanging. I was sad, looking forward to watching my virgin camp mate get all messy in the dust.
Fiver

Burning Since: 2011

Postby teardropper » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:35 pm

BEST: The spirit of giving. Pitching in and giving a hand. I've been a little puny and was moving slow Monday, stuff all over when a really nice young man, called himself Flight McCool, otherwise Travis, and he stopped by, read the situation and jumped in. Helped move my couch and put up the shade. Helped put the bowling alley together and stake it down. Said he grew up on a Montana ranch and knew how to pound fence posts and did that. Drive all my 18" rebar stakes. Didn't drink alcohol, just tea and lemonade. Nice looking, 2nd Burn, best attitude, just missed him on the CORE Burn night, damnit. Left his name, but no address. Just chatted and worked and we all had fun. And my camp might not have gotten together, at least not as timely, we're it not for him. Thanks Flight McCool...
\^/
/..\ Furthur
teardropper

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: The late Lazy Fucks. Now Orphan Eaters.

Postby Rev.T » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:15 pm

Best.
Bubble camp and all my friends and family camping with me.
Boonville camp with their wonderful are car just down the street from bubble camp
Bee camp and the bee party
Reading tarot cards at main camp
Blowing bubbles at the temple
And everything else.

Bad
Getting pulled over coming into the city for no light on license plate. What bull shit
My god daughter getting sick and leaving early

Looking forward to 2013
"Once you accept the fact that most of your neighbors are insane, you'll be better off"
Mark Twain
Rev.T

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Bubble vamp

Previous

Return to Experiences at Burning Man