Lost rebars connectors packed in trach cans

Lost rebars connectors packed in trach cans

Postby oleg8888 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:35 am

Hello dear burners.

First I would like to thank you for all the hard work you do for the rest of us to make our experiences even better.

This year while unpacking a trailer after the burn we realized that some items are nowhere to be found.

To be exact we are missing 2 garbage cans (32Gl each). They were stocked one inside another and had a bunch of rebars inside. These rebars were used in our shade structure.

I was the main person doing the packing and I do not remember seeing these on the trailer.

Also there is no chance they fall off in transit b/c our camp mates were driving behind us all the way home.

The only logical explanation - they were left behind.

I apologize for leaving this moop behind, it was completely unintentional and if found we would love to get it back, at least the rebars.

I am willing to trade them for a case or two of beer.
oleg8888

Re: Lost rebars connectors packed in trach cans

Postby JStep » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:54 am

Doesn't the cost of shipping beer and rebar across country (or the world) far outweight the cost of new rebar?
~JStep
Nebraska Regional Contact
Tallgrass Burners - The Omaha and Nebraska Area Burning Man Regional Group
http://www.tallgrassburners.com
Email: nebraska [at] burningman.com
JStep

Burning Since: 2011

Postby oleg8888 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:04 pm

JStep wrote:Doesn't the cost of shipping beer and rebar across country (or the world) far outweight the cost of new rebar?

Definitely would, but I am in San Francisco bay area and there is a chance it's local
oleg8888

Postby JStep » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:03 pm

Ah, not as bad then. Still a far way.

Where DOES the LnF stuff go? The facility in NV or do they haul it all back to the SF offices? Seems like it could end up a huge (berdensome) collection of peoples stuff.

ETA: I suspect if your cans and rebar were found, they were probably absorbed into the DPW supplies. At least, if I were DPW, I'd be keeping and reusing anything useful for next year.
~JStep
Nebraska Regional Contact
Tallgrass Burners - The Omaha and Nebraska Area Burning Man Regional Group
http://www.tallgrassburners.com
Email: nebraska [at] burningman.com
JStep

Burning Since: 2011

Postby trilobyte » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:23 pm

There's a very good chance that trash cans full of junk that were left behind were treated as, you know, trash.

Lost & Found stuff goes back to Burning Man. Where possible, smartphones are sent to the carriers/manufacturers (many will take them and return to the owners), and at some point in the weeks ahead links to a flickr pool will be posted with selected images from found cameras. Recovered items are kept until around the time tickets go on sale for the next year's event, then whatever's left is donated to charity.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:04 pm

Is glorious thought to see my Baby Lenin pins to go for charity. Creche for mothers of revolution, da?
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Return to Lost Equipment & Tools