Barbie Death Village

Whether you're a registered theme camp or not this is the place to discuss and share camp plans, find a camp to join, or recruit new campmates.

Barbie Death Village

Postby felony » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:39 am

If the world does not end in 2012, we will be back in 2013. Maybe either way....Leave your morals at the gate, unburden yourselves of those pesky bouts of consciousness, and get prepared to once again party with the sickest bastards on the playa. Let me welcome to Burning Man 2013 Barbie Death Village and her infamous subcamps: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro, Eden, Boosh: The Canadian Splinter Squad, Black Rock City Body & Paint, Barbie Day Spa Massage & Bodywash, The Shangri-Playans, Clan O'Crash, Dye With Dignity, Dread Pirate Barbie, The Ohio Boyz, Madness and Loose Nutz. Whether it's kicking your ass in Fizzball, painting the lovely sirens of BRC, or serving wine to the unwashed masses, Barbie Death Village is here to meet your every decadent need. So join us as we do what we do best: overwhelm and devastate
User avatar
felony
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:03 pm
Location: around
Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Re: Barbie Death Village

Postby graidawg » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:27 am

sounds like a plan lets try and take over the playa and make it Burning Barbie in 2013
completely unconcerned.
"Savannah" I like it . . . it makes us sound forward-thinking, and not at all like trailblazing, professional-level procrastinors.
the rest of us are in the School of Fukkit. "Eric"
User avatar
graidawg
 
Posts: 2948
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:50 am
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dread Pirate barbie

Re: Barbie Death Village

Postby Drawingablank » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:23 pm

BDV is a great place and I look forward to 2013.
Savannah: I don't know what it is, but no thread here escapes alive. You'll get 1 or 2 real answers at minimum, occasionally 10 or 12, and then we flog it until it's unrecognizable and you can't get your deposit back.

Yet Another Crappy Birgin Guide
User avatar
Drawingablank
 
Posts: 2020
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:46 pm
Location: NY
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Re: Barbie Death Village

Postby MyDearFriend » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:21 pm

graidawg wrote:sounds like a plan lets try and take over the playa and make it Burning Barbie in 2013


Absolutely. 8)

Dead Barbies Tell No Tales, so KEEP BURNING MAN POTENTIALLY FATAL.
Practice Love. Exercise Sex.

"When life seems dangerous and unmanageable, just remember that it is, and that you can't survive forever."
User avatar
MyDearFriend
 
Posts: 3099
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:22 am
Location: Washington, DC
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp DREAD PIRATE BARBIE

Re: Barbie Death Village

Postby Drawingablank » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:49 pm

MyDearFriend wrote:
Dead Barbies Tell No Tales, so KEEP BURNING MAN POTENTIALLY FATAL.

I tried to do my part, but only managed to fracture my wrist!
Savannah: I don't know what it is, but no thread here escapes alive. You'll get 1 or 2 real answers at minimum, occasionally 10 or 12, and then we flog it until it's unrecognizable and you can't get your deposit back.

Yet Another Crappy Birgin Guide
User avatar
Drawingablank
 
Posts: 2020
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:46 pm
Location: NY
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Re: Barbie Death Village

Postby SquirrelHead » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:57 pm

I had an amazing time this year with BDV and all the awesome subcamps! I cannot wait for next year and I am already in the middle of planning and plotting. :twisted:
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
dirty little reclaimed BURGIN. Ruining Burning Man since 2012.
User avatar
SquirrelHead
 
Posts: 459
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:43 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Re: Barbie Death Village

Postby grenadine » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:20 pm

Doc was right. You guys are the best damned camp on the playa. Can't wait for another ride in the clouds. Any big plans for 2013?
User avatar
grenadine
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:08 pm
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Dye With Dignity

Re: Barbie Death Village

Postby Lassen Forge » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:15 pm

Myself? I would love to see solar powered barbie melt-off... largest blob of pink with NO char marks wins.
User avatar
Lassen Forge
Moderator
 
Posts: 5322
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:35 pm
Location: Where it's always... Wednesday. Don't lose your head over it.

Re: Barbie Death Village

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:40 pm

Goathead's a shoe in...

(Shoe!)
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
User avatar
theCryptofishist
 
Posts: 37467
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:28 am
Location: In Exile
Burning Since: 2017

Re: Barbie Death Village

Postby tamarakay » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:06 am

If we keep growing at this rate we will need more of the block. We sure had a lot of interactivity crammed into our village.
When the only tool you got is a hammer, every problem looks like a hippie.

Mmmmmm I love the smell of Burning Man Token


http://www.dyewithdignity.com
User avatar
tamarakay
 
Posts: 2133
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:27 pm
Location: Texas
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity at BDC

Re: Barbie Death Village

Postby Dr. Pyro » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:58 am

Not only that Tamara, but if you made the bad decision to wander over into that celestial hell on earth Gigsville, you would have been shocked, shocked I tell you! by their waste of space. They had the exact same amount of space as Barbie Death Village with probably half as many people. They had entire areas vacant; so vacant you could literally play bocci ball without fear of anyone being in the way. Or even tennis. They should have been cut in half rather than (like they do every year) waste precious playa real estate for no reason whatsoever beyond their selfish inclinations. I have wonderful friends in Gigsville, but something should be done. It's completely out of hand.
User avatar
Dr. Pyro
 
Posts: 3675
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:11 am
Location: Newcastle, CA
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Re: Barbie Death Village

Postby massagenut » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:44 pm

Togetherness is fun... makes it easier to stay warm at night on the playa..... just sayin....
Texas Joe (TJ)
BDC&WB
Barbie Day Spa

'...just be nice'
User avatar
massagenut
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:22 pm
Location: Austin, Tx

Re: Barbie Death Village

Postby moonrise » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:06 pm

Gigsville tried to steal me. They plied me with everything, food, wine, drink and more...you name it, they tried!

I prefer Barbie-Q over Car-BQ any day of the week...they understood and we agreed to be good neighbors ;)
I'm the MAN in a truck, burner who is stuck, you're in luck! I'll whip out my BIG tow chain and not charge you, not even one lousy buck!
User avatar
moonrise
 
Posts: 2145
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:07 pm
Location: Silver Circle; Reno, Tahoe, Vegas

Re: Barbie Death Village

Postby Arnoldo » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:27 am

I'm so bummed I never made it to BDV this year. I look forward to checking y'all out in 2013! )'(
Peace full anarchy in a place called crazy...
User avatar
Arnoldo
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:30 am
Location: Austin,Tx

Re: Barbie Death Village

Postby Dr. Pyro » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:56 am

This is going out to Barbiebarians and burners in NorCal in general. BDC, along with some friends from the Laguna Del Sol Nudist Resort, invite one and all to join us on the Amtrak Party Train to Reno on January 26-27. We depart from Roseville at 11:30 and get into Reno shortly after 4:00. We overnight in Reno and head back Sunday afternoon. We supply all of the beer, champagne, and soda you desire and have a catered lunch served on the train. NOTE: There is another "burner" party train (same train, different car is all) that same weekend that takes off out of Oakland and you can jump on anywhere between there and Colfax. It costs much more per couple than ours. (We do not make a profit on our trip, all excess money is poured back into alcohol.) We run $289/couple; $179/singles. The other one runs $700/couple or $400/single. Please do not confuse the two! If you would like an invitation, PM me and I will get it out to you immediately. We can only take the first 50 revelers and we're about 40% full. We will have a all-comer burner party in Reno that Saturday night, so you can also join in the fun if you're in Reno as well.
User avatar
Dr. Pyro
 
Posts: 3675
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:11 am
Location: Newcastle, CA
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Re: Barbie Death Village

Postby ygmir » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:17 am

I'll be meeting you there!!
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
User avatar
ygmir
 
Posts: 25998
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:36 pm
Location: nevada county
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Re: Barbie Death Village

Postby Ano » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:11 pm

Wow, that sounds really cool. I'm going to have to wrangle up the lady to join me on this.
Ano
 
Posts: 214
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:04 pm
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: ???

Re: Barbie Death Village

Postby TinkerMom » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:22 pm

Oh ya!! I already got my plane ticket and will be meeting you all in Reno!!
....the password is pineapple.........

Just throw it on the fire! It will kill it or cure it!!
User avatar
TinkerMom
 
Posts: 369
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:35 pm
Location: Flagstaff, AZ
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity BDC

Re: Barbie Death Village

Postby pinemom » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:17 am

WEEEEEEEEEE! shit I need a 2013 calendar!
Names pinemom, but my friends call me "Piney".
User avatar
pinemom
 
Posts: 8246
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:36 am
Location: Booby Bar 2007-2011

Re: Barbie Death Village

Postby lucky420 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:55 am

I'll be there with bells on (my lovely offspring will probably be joining in too)
Oh my god, it's HUGE!
User avatar
lucky420
 
Posts: 4187
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:47 am
Location: Reno, NV
Burning Since: I'm not sure
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Re: Barbie Death Village

Postby MyDearFriend » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:45 am

*raises hand*

I am in! Dunno nothing about tickets, transport, or who is coming with me but: I will be there. 8)
Practice Love. Exercise Sex.

"When life seems dangerous and unmanageable, just remember that it is, and that you can't survive forever."
User avatar
MyDearFriend
 
Posts: 3099
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:22 am
Location: Washington, DC
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp DREAD PIRATE BARBIE

Re: Barbie Death Village

Postby knowmad » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:06 pm

I believe I also will be in Reno!!!
Let the good times roll!!
............................................Image...........................................
Oh yeah, this year I was totally twerping out at the fence. ~Lonesombri
User avatar
knowmad
 
Posts: 3304
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:33 pm
Location: Puget Sound
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: 09-11 Specialist Clan
12 BWS BDV/DPB

Re: Barbie Death Village

Postby Patsh » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:36 pm

I've been counting chickens before even getting the eggs,

but I may just be able to pull this off... :mrgreen:

(if so, I'll be meeting in Reno, too.)
formerly, Triken

keep on triken' Mamma!
Triken' ma blues away....
.


Theatre is Life
Cinema is Art
Television is Furniture
User avatar
Patsh
 
Posts: 1215
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:48 pm
Location: Jerome, Arizona

Re: Barbie Death Village

Postby lucky420 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:48 pm

Omg....weeeeeeeeee
Oh my god, it's HUGE!
User avatar
lucky420
 
Posts: 4187
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:47 am
Location: Reno, NV
Burning Since: I'm not sure
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Re: Barbie Death Village

Postby knowmad » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:28 am

Image
............................................Image...........................................
Oh yeah, this year I was totally twerping out at the fence. ~Lonesombri
User avatar
knowmad
 
Posts: 3304
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:33 pm
Location: Puget Sound
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: 09-11 Specialist Clan
12 BWS BDV/DPB

Re: Barbie Death Village

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:51 pm

Don't show that to Killbuck.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
User avatar
theCryptofishist
 
Posts: 37467
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:28 am
Location: In Exile
Burning Since: 2017

Re: Barbie Death Village

Postby knowmad » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:17 pm

why's that?
............................................Image...........................................
Oh yeah, this year I was totally twerping out at the fence. ~Lonesombri
User avatar
knowmad
 
Posts: 3304
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:33 pm
Location: Puget Sound
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: 09-11 Specialist Clan
12 BWS BDV/DPB

Re: Barbie Death Village

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:08 pm

He'd go all "Things in Jars" on it. That's his new camp.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
User avatar
theCryptofishist
 
Posts: 37467
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:28 am
Location: In Exile
Burning Since: 2017

Re: Barbie Death Village

Postby MyDearFriend » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:58 pm

Dr. Pyro wrote:This is going out to Barbiebarians and burners in NorCal in general. BDC, along with some friends from the Laguna Del Sol Nudist Resort, invite one and all to join us on the Amtrak Party Train to Reno on January 26-27. We depart from Roseville at 11:30 and get into Reno shortly after 4:00. We overnight in Reno and head back Sunday afternoon. We supply all of the beer, champagne, and soda you desire and have a catered lunch served on the train. NOTE: There is another "burner" party train (same train, different car is all) that same weekend that takes off out of Oakland and you can jump on anywhere between there and Colfax. It costs much more per couple than ours. (We do not make a profit on our trip, all excess money is poured back into alcohol.) We run $289/couple; $179/singles. The other one runs $700/couple or $400/single. Please do not confuse the two! If you would like an invitation, PM me and I will get it out to you immediately. We can only take the first 50 revelers and we're about 40% full. We will have a all-comer burner party in Reno that Saturday night, so you can also join in the fun if you're in Reno as well.


I am in for real, now, y'all 8) Doc's ticket situation permitting, *cross fingers* yeah I have a plane ticket for Sacramento on the 25th and a hotel room for that night. Flying home from Reno on the Monday morning, ha, it's not easy to get reasonable cross-country flights out of there so I will stay an extra night and hope that one of y'all local people can spend some time with me on Sunday. 8)

Woo hoo this makes a lot of my current lifestyle bullshit a lot easier to take. 8) 8) 8)
Practice Love. Exercise Sex.

"When life seems dangerous and unmanageable, just remember that it is, and that you can't survive forever."
User avatar
MyDearFriend
 
Posts: 3099
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:22 am
Location: Washington, DC
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp DREAD PIRATE BARBIE

Re: Barbie Death Village

Postby knowmad » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:17 pm

MyDearFriend wrote:
Dr. Pyro wrote:This is going out to Barbiebarians and burners in NorCal in general. BDC, along with some friends from the Laguna Del Sol Nudist Resort, invite one and all to join us on the Amtrak Party Train to Reno on January 26-27. We depart from Roseville at 11:30 and get into Reno shortly after 4:00. We overnight in Reno and head back Sunday afternoon. We supply all of the beer, champagne, and soda you desire and have a catered lunch served on the train. NOTE: There is another "burner" party train (same train, different car is all) that same weekend that takes off out of Oakland and you can jump on anywhere between there and Colfax. It costs much more per couple than ours. (We do not make a profit on our trip, all excess money is poured back into alcohol.) We run $289/couple; $179/singles. The other one runs $700/couple or $400/single. Please do not confuse the two! If you would like an invitation, PM me and I will get it out to you immediately. We can only take the first 50 revelers and we're about 40% full. We will have a all-comer burner party in Reno that Saturday night, so you can also join in the fun if you're in Reno as well.


I am in for real, now, y'all 8) Doc's ticket situation permitting, *cross fingers* yeah I have a plane ticket for Sacramento on the 25th and a hotel room for that night. Flying home from Reno on the Monday morning, ha, it's not easy to get reasonable cross-country flights out of there so I will stay an extra night and hope that one of y'all local people can spend some time with me on Sunday. 8)

Woo hoo this makes a lot of my current lifestyle bullshit a lot easier to take. 8) 8) 8)


Yeahy!!!
:P
............................................Image...........................................
Oh yeah, this year I was totally twerping out at the fence. ~Lonesombri
User avatar
knowmad
 
Posts: 3304
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:33 pm
Location: Puget Sound
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: 09-11 Specialist Clan
12 BWS BDV/DPB

Next

Return to 2013 Theme Camps

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests