And you thought G W Bush was stupid

All things outside of Burning Man.

Re: And you thought G W Bush was stupid

Postby Ugly Dougly » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:57 am

No President will "fix" the economy. I get tears of laughter when Romney demands that our president Mister Obama, isn't "doing enough" to fix the economy. WTF? How much should a conversative like Romney expect the government to do??

Truthfully, there is one difference between these two guys that affects a whole bunch of us, and that is gay marriage. We know that "Barry" has made a stand, and I am pretty sure that Romney thinks that it's an abomination to give our friends some dignity!

What do you mean, you don't have a dog in this fight??
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby Dr. Pyro » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:03 am

Interesting take Doug. As soon as the President actually proposes a bill rather than lip service, then you'll have my attention. For now it remains a states rights issue.
Dr. Pyro

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby ygmir » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:03 am

ah, but in many ways, the electoral college, is a fail safe, for stupidity and fraud.
I only know of one instance, it didn't exactly follow the popular ( each voter), choice, and that was Kennedy vs Nixon.
But, it is a stop, and reality check against "mass hysteria"........think of Hitler, getting elected in Germany in the 30's.......with an electoral college in place, there would at least have been a "chance" that they saw through him, and voted the other way.
It has not harmed us, in any way, IMHO.

we have such a huge population, voter fraud is more the concern, I'd say...and even at that, can you really buy or invent, enough votes? I think that is moot.
And don't kid yourself, both sides do it, differing methods, same results.
Whether it's "vote early, vote often, breathing or not" in Chicago,
to untraceable voters for Loretta Sanchez, when she ousted Bob Dournan in Orange county, here......
it's corrupt, it's broken.........quit putting lipstick on the pig!!!
Call em out, kick 'em out, and re-boot the thugs!!!

*steps down off soapbox*
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby Elliot » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:03 am

Ugly Dougly wrote:Well, sorry, our great land will take decades to get back to the prosperity and respect that it once had. Maybe. That's only if we citizens suddenly stopped fighting each other and worked together to heal our country.

Hear, hear!
Elliot's Bicycle Service, Camel Saddlery and Beverage Salon 5 & G as before, probably.
Ali Elliot Fy Fasan, proprietor

Caravansary Black Rock 2014

ImageImageImage
Millicent The Bus; pedal-vehicles on Playa and in Kinetic Sculpture Races.
Elliot

Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Elliot’s Bicycle & Beverage Emporium

Postby ygmir » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:11 am

sure Doug. Gay Marriage. Has Mittens come out against it? I dunno...
but, see, I see no place for government, in marriage. period. Legal? none of their business. and, if you choose who to love, and that's your "next of kin/conservator", whether you both have dicks or pussies, should not matter.
The prez, should not even have a comment, it's not his business!!
States rights on this, I'd totally say it is so. But even then, why, again, should gov. be involved?
GTFO of my life, Gov. Don't hold me back, don't push me forward, just get the fuck out of the way!!

so yes, I have no dog in this fight!! I'd set em both to herding sheep and then get on with my business.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby Elliot » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:12 am

BBadger wrote:.... I don't think four years is long enough to really see what a president can do. The first half of the term is the president getting up to speed on being the president, the second half is fighting the other party to earn a second election. .... Hell, two terms may not be enough.

I'd actually prefer to have presidential terms be 8-years long, ....

Hear, hear! I've always felt that it must surely take at least four years to learn the World's most difficult job. So any president deserves the chance to work without the pressure of reelection -- to take the gloves off and put his ideas into effect without having to worry about stepping on some toes.
Elliot's Bicycle Service, Camel Saddlery and Beverage Salon 5 & G as before, probably.

ImageImageImage
Elliot

Postby ygmir » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:26 am

Elliot wrote:
BBadger wrote:.... I don't think four years is long enough to really see what a president can do. The first half of the term is the president getting up to speed on being the president, the second half is fighting the other party to earn a second election. .... Hell, two terms may not be enough.

I'd actually prefer to have presidential terms be 8-years long, ....

Hear, hear! I've always felt that it must surely take at least four years to learn the World's most difficult job. So any president deserves the chance to work without the pressure of reelection -- to take the gloves off and put his ideas into effect without having to worry about stepping on some toes.

and that's what a second term is for!
but if the prez is a total disaster, he can be gotten rid of in 4 years. Saves that much more damage, but allows an at least "fairly" competent prez, a good chance of re-election. As proven time and again, in the past...............
I'd rather be able to pull the plug in 4, than give 8 to a nincompoop.
Argue all you want about who should never have gotten a second term, but, if a prez is even close to "ok" the voters usually give him 4 more.

the fail safes and rules, are not there, for when things are going good, it for when it's falling apart!!
Imagine 8 years of LBJ, or Carter!
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby Dr. Pyro » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:39 am

ygmir wrote:Imagine 8 years of LBJ, or Carter!

Jesus Yggy, I haven't eaten yet.
Dr. Pyro

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby ygmir » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:42 am

Dr. Pyro wrote:
ygmir wrote:Imagine 8 years of LBJ, or Carter!

Jesus Yggy, I haven't eaten yet.

alone in the office are ya?
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby Elliot » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:13 am

I don't know what happened to me just now -- I normally never talk politics! :lol:

ImageImageImage
Elliot

Postby Ugly Dougly » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:20 pm

This is just too much fun.

Ugly Dougly

Postby ygmir » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:06 pm

Jeebus Dougly........funny yes.......but you decry how we need to come together, then disseminate hyperbole such as this.
it's the fringe crap, that keeps anyone from wanting to take to the other side........they see "the other side" as what is portrayed in this sort of stuff.............again, you on the left, have no moral high ground to stand on, when it comes to politicking.......
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby pink » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:25 pm

Dr. Pyro wrote:http://www.snopes.com/politics/taxes/debtfree.asp

If this isn't enough to make you vote against the moron currently in the White House, or vote Democratic at all (assuming you have a job, earn a paycheck, and pay taxes; if that's not you, then Obama's your guy) then I don't know what will.

Why is a rumor spread by tea party idiots a reason to vote against Obama? I fail to see your reasoning here. And no, I don't have a job, I have a small business. With payroll tax, I pay a marginal rate of 40% federal tax. And as someone in the finance end of things, you can be assured I pay close attention to tax and economic issues, proposals, bills and all the rest with an extremely educated eye and analysis. The debt crisis we are now in was predicted by the GAO 11 years ago when analyzing the effects of Bush the Younger's tax cuts-effects made only worse by two unfunded, off-budget wars.
I'm not a slut, I'm good time floozy!
pink

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Retrofrolic

Postby FIGJAM » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:25 pm

Poly ticks make me itch! :(
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
FIGJAM

Postby mgb327 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:07 pm

(Furiously searching for a cute kitten video......) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ONJfp95yoE Thanks Nipple!
Dogs are the leaders of the planet. If you see two life forms, one of them’s making a poop, the other one’s carrying it for him, who would you assume is in charge?
" I am a controlled substance". Savannah.
mgb327

Postby Ugly Dougly » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:30 pm

ygmir wrote:Jeebus Dougly........funny yes.......but you decry how we need to come together, then disseminate hyperbole such as this.
it's the fringe crap, that keeps anyone from wanting to take to the other side........they see "the other side" as what is portrayed in this sort of stuff.............again, you on the left, have no moral high ground to stand on, when it comes to politicking.......

I never said there was no difference between DEM and GOP. No, Mister Obama is not perfect, the democratic party is not perfect, nor is my country. Teddy Roosevelt is long gone! :(
But we can do this without accusing each other and our candidates of being morons or communists or fascists or .... good lord! .... hippies!
Our republic was forged through compromise. It's not a dirty word...

Anyway, the others are probably right, we're not going to convert ANYONE with this crap. Let me pour a round of beers to help us forget our insignificant differences.
Ugly Dougly

Postby Elliot » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:34 pm

Ugly Dougly wrote:Our republic was forged through compromise. It's not a dirty word...
Let me pour a round of beers to help us forget our insignificant differences.

Dude! (*belch*)

ImageImageImage
Elliot

Postby ygmir » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:36 pm

Ugly Dougly wrote:
ygmir wrote:Jeebus Dougly........funny yes.......but you decry how we need to come together, then disseminate hyperbole such as this.

I never said there was no difference between DEM and GOP. No, Mister Obama is not perfect, the democratic party is not perfect, nor is my country. Teddy Roosevelt is long gone! :(
But we can do this without accusing each other and our candidates of being morons or communists or fascists or .... good lord! .... hippies!
Our republic was forged through compromise. It's not a dirty word...

Anyway, the others are probably right, we're not going to convert ANYONE with this crap. Let me pour a round of beers to help us forget our insignificant differences.

and that's my point, good Sir! that stuff(the stuff in the vid you just posted), and stuff put out by the tea party, just serve to divide us.
Hokey Squakamokie!! there are TONS of things we agree on........why not work on those, at least a little?
but those videos, name calling, talking head (stweart, et al) types, just inflame injuries and incite more, and one upsmanship!!

no, I so agree compromise, is the key........but it's gotten to the point, where each side has swung so far from center, the other side, feels they have to hold ground "out there" so that if and when "compromise" is reached, it's in the center......
but it seems we could get there from 10 degrees off plumb........not needing to go 90 degrees.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby jkisha » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:48 pm

ygmir wrote:but it's gotten to the point, where each side has swung so far from center

That is not true. Do some research and you'll find that it is the right that has gone to the extreme right and the left has actually moved more towards past center to the right. That is a fact.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby jkisha » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:49 pm

pink wrote:

If this isn't enough to make you vote against the moron currently in the White House, or vote Democratic at all (assuming you have a job, earn a paycheck, and pay taxes; if that's not you, then Obama's your guy) then I don't know what will.

Why is a rumor spread by tea party idiots a reason to vote against Obama? I fail to see your reasoning here. And no, I don't have a job, I have a small business. With payroll tax, I pay a marginal rate of 40% federal tax. And as someone in the finance end of things, you can be assured I pay close attention to tax and economic issues, proposals, bills and all the rest with an extremely educated eye and analysis. The debt crisis we are now in was predicted by the GAO 11 years ago when analyzing the effects of Bush the Younger's tax cuts-effects made only worse by two unfunded, off-budget wars.

I was thinking the same thing. And I too am a business owner, but luckily pay less taxes than you do?
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby ygmir » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:26 pm

jkisha wrote:
ygmir wrote:but it's gotten to the point, where each side has swung so far from center

That is not true. Do some research and you'll find that it is the right that has gone to the extreme right and the left has actually moved more towards past center to the right. That is a fact.

oh dang JK..........not this quagmire. when you take the position that only the "right" is off center and extreme, and that the "left" is just the same altruistic folks they've always been, it becomes a challenge, to compromise........it's like you are saying "lets compromise, do it my way".
I don't see how you can not see the left has gone left, and the right has gone right, and both have gone too far?
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby Sail Man » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:38 am

ygmir wrote:ah, but in many ways, the electoral college, is a fail safe, for stupidity and fraud.
I only know of one instance, it didn't exactly follow the popular ( each voter), choice, and that was Kennedy vs Nixon.
But, it is a stop, and reality check against "mass hysteria"........think of Hitler, getting elected in Germany in the 30's.......with an electoral college in place, there would at least have been a "chance" that they saw through him, and voted the other way.
It has not harmed us, in any way, IMHO.

we have such a huge population, voter fraud is more the concern, I'd say...and even at that, can you really buy or invent, enough votes? I think that is moot.
And don't kid yourself, both sides do it, differing methods, same results.
Whether it's "vote early, vote often, breathing or not" in Chicago,
to untraceable voters for Loretta Sanchez, when she ousted Bob Dournan in Orange county, here......
it's corrupt, it's broken.........quit putting lipstick on the pig!!!
Call em out, kick 'em out, and re-boot the thugs!!!

*steps down off soapbox*

Hmmm, I've never really been a fan on the electoral college, but you put it in a perspective that I never thought about.

Put's it in a different light for me now. Thank you Yggy.
Excuse me Ma'am, your going to feel a small prick.

Algorithms never survive the first thirty seconds of patient contact
Sail Man

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Kidsville: Delicious

Postby pink » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:25 pm

jkisha wrote:
pink wrote:

I was thinking the same thing. And I too am a business owner, but luckily pay less taxes than you do?

Single, no kids, not much mortgage interest. That is the marginal rate-25% bracket plus SE tax. My effective rate is lower, but I'd have to open up my yet-unfinished return to get the marginal rate and I have too many other people's returns to complete before I get back to mine!
I'm not a slut, I'm good time floozy!
pink

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Retrofrolic

Postby Nipple » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:42 pm

ygmir wrote:But we can do this without accusing each other and our candidates of being morons or communists or fascists or .... good lord! .... hippies!

The internet is the place to be VIOLENTLY in 98% agreement with someone.
Nipple

Previous

Return to Open Discussion