Hello there! Austria calling in.

Hello there! Austria calling in.

Postby Leigon » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:54 pm

So who am I?

Well I was a virgin this year that much is clear. I guess having been there makes me a burner now, eventhough I still feel like a semi-virgin. One week is just not enough to take in all the sights, sounds and especially the various individual philosophies and ideas of all the people there. But maybe that's a part of burning man too, the impossibility of seeing everything. Anyways that's me as a burner, pretty confused and overwhelmed by my first year, but very enthusiastic.

I still haven't quite explained who I am in general so let's get to that now.
My Name is Leonhard Gabler. I come from Vienna, the capital of Austria and am 30 years old.
I've studied and made my magister in Law, but I've never worked in it til now, with the exception of sometimes helping out my father if he needs it. Luckily for me I found Art pretty early on in my life and by now I'm able to live of it somehow. I mostly do paintings, drawings and some installations, but in the last two years I've been doing a lot of woodcarving and a little bit of general woodwork too. I also dabble or have dabbled in a lot of other art forms like photography, bodypaint, music, concept art and writing. I wouldn't necessarily say I was good in all of them though.

So who am I? I'm still not sure. But I'd say I'm a fellow traveler who tries to make sense of the world through art in all it's various forms. And as for me Art is a process that includes a lot of other people beside me Burning Man fits me almost perfectly.
I only hope I can manage all the ideas I already got for next year or even better find people who want to organise them with me.
Also known as LIONHEART. At least that's what I got named. But there seems to be another Lionheart around. Please contact me when you read this.
Leigon

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Austrian Village

Re: Hello there! Austria calling in.

Postby jkisha » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:55 pm

Hey there, welcome to eplaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby illy dilly » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:55 pm

Welcome to eplaya!
Check out the Regionals page here http://regionals.burningman.com/
Maybe you can find some folks near you that you can connect with!
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave
illy dilly

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:57 pm

I know that in 2007 there were some very wonderful german burners, including a Stefan in Muenchin.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Return to Introduce Yourself!