And you thought G W Bush was stupid

All things outside of Burning Man.

And you thought G W Bush was stupid

Postby unjonharley » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:28 pm

The Mitt showed up two shades darker in Fa. to talk to the Latino voters..

A little skin toner there and maybe a lot darker when he go's the Harlem??

Or should this go under WTF
unjonharley

Re: And you thought G W Bush was stupid

Postby Sham » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:33 pm

I'm not talking politics specifically, but this is just crazy! Is he for real?
Romney Blames Obama for His Campaign Challenges
http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2012 ... hallenges/
Sham

Postby wh..sh » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:42 pm

unjonharley wrote:The Mitt showed up two shades darker in Fa. to talk to the Latino voters..

A little skin toner there and maybe a lot darker when he go's the Harlem??

Or should this go under WTF

:lol: :lol: :lol:
ROFL!! This is so funny *tears for laughter*
In my world there's only legible and more legible.

-Bob
wh..sh

Postby Jackass » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:58 pm

What will he do when he goes to pander to the Haitians??
Don't worry, it'll get weird...
Jackass

Postby unjonharley » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:03 pm

Jackass wrote:What will he do when he goes to pander to the Haitians??

How do you dress to look like a earthquake victim ??
unjonharley

Postby Scatter42 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:54 pm

How bout the senior citizen crowd, a little hollywood aging prosthetics
physically challenged - roll across the stage in a wheelchair
mentally challenged....

Oh, wait - he's already doing that one (sorry)
Scatter42

Postby unjonharley » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:30 pm

You all know The Mitt is an anchor baby.. His old man swam the Rio Grand and married a Mich. girl.. Wounder if his old man every got his papers..

He is acting so stupid, One would think he parented by G W and The Palin.
unjonharley

Postby AntiM » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:08 pm

Open the windows, it is getting stuffy on this plane.
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby clocksnmirrors » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:11 pm

unjonharley wrote:You all know The Mitt is an anchor baby.. His old man swam the Rio Grand and married a Mich. girl.. Wounder if his old man every got his papers..

doesn't anchor baby mean both parents are immigrants? if the mother was from michigan and they were married then he's just plain old american
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee heee heee heeeee! *burp*
clocksnmirrors

Burning Since: 2012

Postby BBadger » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:24 pm

clocksnmirrors wrote:
unjonharley wrote:You all know The Mitt is an anchor baby.. His old man swam the Rio Grand and married a Mich. girl.. Wounder if his old man every got his papers..

doesn't anchor baby mean both parents are immigrants? if the mother was from michigan and they were married then he's just plain old american

Yeah, that's what I thought as well. If you're marrying a citizen you don't need the kid.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.
BBadger

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby pink » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:51 pm

Something the whole 'birther' crowd never seemed to figure out in Obama's case. Moot point.
I'm not a slut, I'm good time floozy!
pink

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Retrofrolic

Postby Dr. Pyro » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:54 am

Which of the 57 states was Obama born in again?
Dr. Pyro

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby ygmir » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:04 am

jeebus!!
do you guys forget Clintons changing hair color, depending on who he was talking to? Didn't Barry do that, too, "more grey, less grey".
Dukakis and his "Mickey Mouse" tank photo?
John Kerry..............
Al Gores inventions

yup, it's all stupid.......but nothing new.

I have no dog in this race, they both embarrass me.........but thinking Barry is some sort of squeaky clean saint, is preposterous, and delusional.

and trying the argument "oh, yeah, they all do it, but he does it worse/better"........no go.

you sound like the kid in the mud puddle laughing at the kid who just fell in the dust.

the lesser of two evils, is still pretty fucking evil, between these two.

IMHO.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby jkisha » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:05 am

Ygmir, just for the sake of conversation, let's take the two candidates, and how you feel about them personally, out of the equation and talk philosophy and what each party stands for based on their official platform. Only using that as your evaluation criteria, which one can you more closely relate with and which philosophy, based solely on their written platform, would like to see as the path for our country? (I am assuming that you have read both platforms.)
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby ygmir » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:12 am

jkisha wrote:Ygmir, just for the sake of conversation, let's take the two candidates, and how you feel about them personally, out of the equation and talk philosophy and what each party stands for based on their official platform. Only using that as your evaluation criteria, which one can you more closely relate with and which philosophy, based solely on their written platform, would like to see as the path for our country? (I am assuming that you have read both platforms.)

are we staying within the two party system, JK?
and, do we suppose, that a candidate will adhere directly to the party platform?

I've thoroughly read the party platforms in some time........
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby jkisha » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:18 am

ygmir wrote:
jkisha wrote:Ygmir, just for the sake of conversation, let's take the two candidates, and how you feel about them personally, out of the equation and talk philosophy and what each party stands for based on their official platform. Only using that as your evaluation criteria, which one can you more closely relate with and which philosophy, based solely on their written platform, would like to see as the path for our country? (I am assuming that you have read both platforms.)

and, do we suppose, that a candidate will adhere directly to the party platform?

Yes, two parties only for the sake of this conversation. And no assumptions can be made regarding the candidates and their ability to adhere to said platform.
JK
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Postby Ugly Dougly » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:20 am

The truth, as one wise man once said, is usually somewhere in between the two.

On the other hand, what about Gary Johnson?
Of course he doesn't have a snowball's chance in Hell of getting elected. But convictions are like bus stops, they're no good unless you stand by them.
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby ygmir » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:27 am

jkisha wrote:
ygmir wrote:

Yes, two parties only for the sake of this conversation. And no assumptions can be made regarding the candidates and their ability to adhere to said platform.

I have to go carve some granite now.......but this sounds interesting. so, if you don't mind, I'll address it later in the day?

Ugly Dougly wrote:The truth, as one wise man once said, is usually somewhere in between the two.

On the other hand, what about Gary Johnson?
Of course he doesn't have a snowball's chance in Hell of getting elected. But convictions are like bus stops, they're no good unless you stand by them.

indeed Dougly, indeed.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby Box Burner » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:29 pm

Well if there are only two parties, the republicans and the democrats, then surely we can examine their records. And in light of their records, being as bad as they then must we vote for the lesser of two evils as there is no other choice?

So said King George. And you know how we voted on that.
Dance in the heart of chaos. . . . .

ὁ δὲ ἀνεξέταστος βίος οὐ βιωτὸς ἀνθρώπῳ
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - --- Σωκράτης

Box Burner

Postby unjonharley » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:49 pm

Box Burner wrote:Well if there are only two parties, the republicans and the democrats, then surely we can examine their records. And in light of their records, being as bad as they then must we vote for the lesser of two evils as there is no other choice?

So said King George. And you know how we voted on that.

I can say or think anything I want about the two.. Votes from the Northwest don't count.. By the time Or. counts it has been all over for hours.. Except for the moaning great gnashing of teeth
unjonharley

Postby Box Burner » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:30 pm

As long as you feel that way and do nothing it certainly will not get better.
Dance in the heart of chaos. . . . .

ὁ δὲ ἀνεξέταστος βίος οὐ βιωτὸς ἀνθρώπῳ
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - --- Σωκράτης

Box Burner

Postby jkisha » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:33 pm

Box Burner wrote:As long as you feel that way and do nothing it certainly will not get better.

Amen.
JK
jkisha

Postby ygmir » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:02 pm

this is tough, JK, a challenge to be sure.
I feel I'm being asked to take a bite of a turd sandwich, then a sip of piss soup, and say which is better.

My problem here, is I feel so disenfranchised by both parties (I've belonged to both, at times in my life), and am so cynical, of anyone in high office or positions of power, that as I parse their individual platforms, I find my self chuckling as often as thinking they are serious.

They propose things, with no way to pay, the make rules, with no penalties for breaking (if they are the ones breaking said rules, or their pals), the make sweeping statements of "what we should do".....with no idea of how or if it's even possible.......
they tell us who we should help, and how, whom we should hurt, and how..........They lead us down the primrose path, with candies and promises, and showing enough leg, for us to think we'll get "lucky", but in the end (literally and figuratively) we are the ones getting screwed.
they reap the fruits of our labor, and expect us to thank them, for giving some back.......and to applaud how they spend the rest, all in the interest of furthering their power, and hold on same.
They are true robber barons.......immune in their white castle in D.C. from prosecution for the same crimes they legislate we go to prison for.........and are rewarded with care and privilege, their entire lives.

they boldly lie to us, and expect us, to believe it, at true, if we hear it enough........they deny and deny, until we get sick of hearing it, and focus our attentions on some petty dick tater (on purpose) in some far away land, and how he's going to blow up someone else, whom they say are our friends...........and how our friends, "play" us. and we smile.......

Both parties, have been in power, enough, that if they were "ANY" good, we'd be fine.........we'd stay on course, and they'd be re-elected often..........well, nope. They hide and bury their deceits deep in warrens of obfuscation, and dare us to find where "it" started.........we wont', and can't.

in the end, I think they're all buddies, back slapping and hand jobbing....laughing as we run in circles, chasing one crisis after another, that they create to keep us thusly occupied.
Two sides of the same wooden nickel.......each "owning" roughly half the electorate, simply because of what they promise, but never deliver (but it's never their fault for non delivery.......the other guys messed it up).
using their bully pulpit, to play "good cop, bad cop" with us, as we decide who cares about us...........none of them do..........

I say "none"........I use hyperbole here. I'm sure, there are a few, who do care, and try.......but they are eventually co-opted, thrown out, or coerced, into "towing the line" of their masters.

so, forgive my ramble friend JK......but I have no other way, to address your query, that I can stand behind and take as my own.

R.S. Yggy
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby BBadger » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:52 pm

Even ignoring that I don't like Mitt (and coming from Utah, this was waaaaaay before he even mentioned his presidential aspirations), I don't think four years is long enough to really see what a president can do. The first half of the term is the president getting up to speed on being the president, the second half is fighting the other party to earn a second election. Some plans are set into motion, but the full effects of them are never seen. For example, Bush Jr. started the Iraq War, but still by the next election cycle it really wasn't a problem; only years later would we see how far it could devolve. More importantly (because the economy sways voters, not wars), we never got to see the effects of Bush's economic decisions until late in his second term. So what happens with Obama? He has is Obamacare that just barely made it out of the courts this year. He's also mid-way through a financial crisis that he gets praise and blame for, but who knows the mid-long-term effects? Hell, two terms may not be enough.

I'd actually prefer to have presidential terms be 8-years long, with a no-confidence vote between. Barring that, I want to see what Obama can do with a second term, just like any president, including Bush Jr.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.
BBadger

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby geekster » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:27 pm

I have never seen anyone more stupid than the corrupt, incompetent liar that occupies the white house today. Obama is a supreme numbnuts.
Pabst Blue Ribbon - The beer that made Gerlach famous.
geekster

Postby Ugly Dougly » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:35 pm

Well, sorry, our great land will take decades to get back to the prosperity and respect that it once had. Maybe. That's only if we citizens suddenly stopped fighting each other and worked together to heal our country.
Well, fat chance of that happening, huh? It's nice to dream sometimes.
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby ygmir » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:44 am

Ugly Dougly wrote:Well, sorry, our great land will take decades to get back to the prosperity and respect that it once had. Maybe. That's only if we citizens suddenly stopped fighting each other and worked together to heal our country.
Well, fat chance of that happening, huh? It's nice to dream sometimes.

on target, as usual Dougly.........we can't do it as disparate groups, all wanting more than the other and trying to take "theirs"...........because they "don't deserve/can afford" it.........if we could clear the ego maniacal inbred bastards in D.C. and get back to basic constitutional government, no back rooms, no presidential decrees, no off session appointments........no "black budget"..........put it ALL on the table.........in easy to read language......

oh I could go on and on.........and maybe mostly, people maybe start taking personal responsibility......do what you can, deal with your actions.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Postby littleflower » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:57 am

+1
littleflower

Postby unjonharley » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:24 am

Box Burner wrote:As long as you feel that way and do nothing it certainly will not get better.

It's just the way it is.. As long as we have the college wagging the elector tail.

There has been a long battle for " one person, one vote ".
unjonharley

Postby Dr. Pyro » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:56 am

http://www.snopes.com/politics/taxes/debtfree.asp

If this isn't enough to make you vote against the moron currently in the White House, or vote Democratic at all (assuming you have a job, earn a paycheck, and pay taxes; if that's not you, then Obama's your guy) then I don't know what will.
Dr. Pyro

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Next

Return to Open Discussion