Serendipity

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.

Serendipity

Postby Drawingablank » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:23 am

One of the things I find so amazing at Burning Man is the the sheer volume of serendipitous things that occur there. In 2011 I witnessed several, but this year (2012) I was directly involved in one.

One morning I exited the portos to see a neighbor (Playa Name - The Captain) standing there wearing propellor pasties spinning away in the breeze. After telling him I had seen those on Etsy a few weeks before, he informed me that he invented them and that was his Etsy store.

Turns out we are in each other's Etsy circles and ended up camped about 20 feet apart in the same village on the playa.
Savannah: I don't know what it is, but no thread here escapes alive. You'll get 1 or 2 real answers at minimum, occasionally 10 or 12, and then we flog it until it's unrecognizable and you can't get your deposit back.

Yet Another Crappy Birgin Guide
Drawingablank

Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Re: Serendipity

Postby Sham » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:44 am

Playa magic!
A few years ago, I was out in the deep playa on a mutant vehicle and offered a ride to young woman who appeared tired of walking. She said she had been looking for a friend from Atlanta, but had no idea where she was camped. I was a bit dumbfounded as I told her that her friend had her tent right next to mine in our camp.
We went back to my camp and they had a nice reunion! :D
Sham

Return to Experiences at Burning Man