Maeve :) and Im in a virgin from WV

Maeve :) and Im in a virgin from WV

Postby MaeveZmobie » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:55 pm

My name is Maeve. Im from Monroe county West Virginia. i love music art weird stuff and raves.

Ive known about burning man for a short time now and fell in love with it. Ive never been but i am going in 2013. i am so very excited! i have tons of questions.

If anyone around my area would like to meet up and carpool or just chill hit me up i dont bite...hard.
message me on here or email me @ maeveiszombies@gmail.com anyone if free to message me btw :) no matter how far.

i cant wait to meet all (well at least some lol) of you guys, my brothers and sisters. im an extremely spiritual person. I love everyone and everything. no matter race creed past future looks and all that jazz. I want to hug and connect with tons of people. I was give with the gift to be able to connect with people. when i say that i mean, i can feel what you feel. sad happy excited depressed, i feel it. i am connected with you even if we have never met in our entire lifes. i can see into your life with a simple touch or look into your eyes and when kisses will bond us forever. I see spirits and connect with them as well. I believe i was given these gifts to use to help others. to love all. and thats what i intend on doing.

a lot of people dont believe when i tell them, thats why few know. so burning man i will be able to express myself with others who i can relate connect with and who will not pass judgement.

to all of you my brothers and sisters i wish to become the best of friends and family <3

i have a website/blog you can visit to connect with me more. please feel free to post comments!!

dreamofthis.weebly.com

this is me :) Image
Life&Let Life
MaeveZmobie

Burning Since: 2013

Re: Maeve :) and Im in a virgin from WV

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:01 pm

The burn is the burn, however, ...
Here on eplaya you will find a lot of knowledge about how to burn and a crew of people, good people, who are also cranky and prickly. There are multiple things that go into that, but start with "we tend to give people a hard time at first because at the burn we are very helpful--so the total leeches must be scared off at once." Your first post might get you called hippie and that sort of stuff. Don't get upset about it. That tapers off as soon as it's apparent that you're actually going.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby MaeveZmobie » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:19 pm

lol thanks for the tips :)
im very excited about this and hmm whats wrong with hippies? lol just kidding ;) cranky or not everyone deserves a hug but if they dont want it then of course i will back off and keep my distance :3
Life&Let Life
MaeveZmobie

Postby Dr. Pyro » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:28 pm

I did some work at West Virginia University in Morgantown. Apart from all the Steelers fans, it was a lot of fun. And I met a very interesting lady from Osage. And another who was the president of the Pi Phis. God I wish I could remember her name. You'll enjoy Burning Man I should think.
Dr. Pyro

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby Savannah » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:31 pm

Hey Maeve! Pretty name. :)

Yeah, we play a little rough here sometimes . . . and TheCryptoFishist has noticed that you are young and soft enough to hide any inner toughness you may also have. She's right, though--you can probably handle it.

Read everything here you can get your paws on--including the Survival Guide linked in my signature below--before asking the easy questions. (We prefer hard questions!)

Google your keywords and questions + the word eplaya, that often works wonderfully. If you get well and truly stuck, ask.

Welcome to the board . . .
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby jerroc » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:01 pm

Do tons of research. You really learn more than just how to be prepared. And get involved in some of the discussions here.

Carpool to me says you have limmited funds and resources. This will take careful and creative planning. For most of us it is a VERY expensive vacation.

Dont ask about joining a theme camp right away.

Welcome.
jerroc

Postby Drawingablank » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:56 pm

Welcome.
Savannah: I don't know what it is, but no thread here escapes alive. You'll get 1 or 2 real answers at minimum, occasionally 10 or 12, and then we flog it until it's unrecognizable and you can't get your deposit back.

Yet Another Crappy Birgin Guide
Drawingablank

Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Postby jkisha » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:32 pm

Hey there, welcome to eplaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby illy dilly » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:13 pm

Welcome to eplaya!
Connect with people in your area by hitting the Regionals link at the top of the BurningMan.com web page!
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave
illy dilly

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Postby MaeveZmobie » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:55 pm

Thanks everyone ^_^
yeah WV is a pretty cool state, boring at times though.

thank you! i like my name too :) it means intoxicating lol

ill be sure to ask harder questions if i have them. rough play? i laugh in the face of rough play hahahahaha lol jk :)

i don't even know what a theme camp is.

funds are limited and its not like i was trying to mooch off someone i was actually wanting to give THEM a ride.
Life&Let Life
MaeveZmobie

Postby jerroc » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:13 pm

rough play? i laugh in the face of rough play hahahahaha lol jk :)

:twisted:

i don't even know what a theme camp is.

:shock: is this possible.

funds are limited and its not like i was trying to mooch off someone i was actually wanting to give THEM a ride.[/quote]

:shock: NO!!! Take it back quick!!!
jerroc

Postby LeChatNoir » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:29 pm

Hi Maeve!

Welcome to eplaya. The lead up to your first burn is something you'll never forget. After I finally got my first ticket, I spent the remaining many months planning, sewing, thinking, plotting. And a lot of time on here learning and making friends. As Fishy said, there's a good crew here and years of experience. Hang out and get to know the place.
The New and Improved Black Cat... now with 25% more blather
LeChatNoir

Return to Introduce Yourself!