Who's Selling Ice: 2012

No matter your skills or interests, there's a way for you to participate in the creation and manifestation of Black Rock City, both at the event and year-round.

Re: Who's Selling Ice: 2012

Postby piehole » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:32 pm

tamarakay wrote:Illy thank you for organizing all the cats for this. I had a blast line barking, but I think I want to try slinging next year. I missed getting to play with you guys inside! Piehole is hilarious though, and if you have to line bark, he is a fine partner to do it with.

:oops: Aww shucks, the megaphone, it was the megaphone. it adds 10 funny points. honest!

It was fun getting to bark with you and Sarah. i'm definitely gonna bark next year. it takes my passion for yelling at people to a whole new level
Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.
piehole

Burning Since: 2012

Postby illy dilly » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:41 am

TinkerMom wrote:
illy dilly wrote:
lucky420 wrote:loved working with you illy and coming by your gnome dome to hang for a bit.
You kick ass!!! And the rest of your gang is pretty awesome too!
Thanks for coming by, and then letting me stumble around your camp Friday (maybe Saturday?) morning, in my box!

I had a blast Illy!! Next year for sure I'm going to be in that truck several times!!
And if I may add, it was a very nice box :wink:
Getting you to take off the box was even better :lol:

Hell Yeah!!!
Godda love the inside of a refrigerated truck when you're in the desert!
Mayor and Heidi kick ass too. I think they are a big part of why the morning shifts at Ice Cubed are the best!

Oooo the box! :roll:
I'm working on some up grades for next year! Many of which I realized while at BDV trying to do... just about anything wearing a box.
1. Cut some sort of arches where my legs/thighs come up, so that I can actually bend over, sit down, or ride a bike.
2. Some similar curves under the arm pits so that when I sit down, the box isn't pushed as far up into my arm pits that I have to hold my arms over my head.
3. Add extra tape at all the folds in the box so that it doesn't get so warn out so easily.
4. For decorative purposes, I'd like to round up some shipping labels or customs labels or stickers from all over the world. Slap them all over the box so that it looks like the box has traveled the world.

Something else I think would be funny, is to go to a Middle Eastern or Asian grocery and get some sort of big box that has a lot of roosters all over it, from shipping some sort of chicken stuff. Ideally I would be able to find what ever box Sriracha Sauce comes in.
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave
illy dilly

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Postby illy dilly » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:43 am

piehole wrote:
tamarakay wrote:Illy thank you for organizing all the cats for this. I had a blast line barking, but I think I want to try slinging next year. I missed getting to play with you guys inside! Piehole is hilarious though, and if you have to line bark, he is a fine partner to do it with.

:oops: Aww shucks, the megaphone, it was the megaphone. it adds 10 funny points. honest!

It was fun getting to bark with you and Sarah. i'm definitely gonna bark next year. it takes my passion for yelling at people to a whole new level

You need to stand around with a sign like a HoBo that reads

"Have Horn...
Will Heckle..."
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave
illy dilly

Postby danibel » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:54 pm

Does the eplaya shift occur at the same time every year? Or do you mix it up? I think I may try to work a shift with you all, even if Ice Cubed is a bit far for me to bike. I usually work at Center Ice because it's only a few blocks from where I camp.
In dust we trust.
danibel

Camp Name: Camp D'nile

Postby graidawg » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:56 pm

danibel wrote:Does the eplaya shift occur at the same time every year? Or do you mix it up? I think I may try to work a shift with you all, even if Ice Cubed is a bit far for me to bike. I usually work at Center Ice because it's only a few blocks from where I camp.

ice cubed gets the premium ice.
completely unconcerned.
"Savannah" I like it . . . it makes us sound forward-thinking, and not at all like trailblazing, professional-level procrastinors.
the rest of us are in the School of Fukkit. "Eric"
graidawg

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dread Pirate barbie

Postby piehole » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:31 pm

graidawg wrote:

bacon wrapped ice
Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.
piehole

Postby MyDearFriend » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:20 am

That shift was the most deliriously happy 3 hours of my life so far, absolutely!

THANK YOU ALL!!!!

8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Practice Love. Exercise Sex.

"When life seems dangerous and unmanageable, just remember that it is, and that you can't survive forever."
MyDearFriend

Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp DREAD PIRATE BARBIE

Postby illy dilly » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:28 pm

graidawg wrote:
danibel wrote:Does the eplaya shift occur at the same time every year? Or do you mix it up? I think I may try to work a shift with you all, even if Ice Cubed is a bit far for me to bike. I usually work at Center Ice because it's only a few blocks from where I camp.

Danibel, G-Dawg is completely correct, but you're probably still wanting a bit more info.
Officially, 2012 was the first Eplaya ice shift.
There was a sort of last minute, sorta, kinda, eplaya shift last year, but not real organized and sort of random and sorta didn't completely happen.
Probably shoot for the same ice shift next year, mostly because Tuesday 9 to Noon is one of the best ice shifts for 'half' working. The city isn't full yet, so the rush isn't too bad. And, since its early a lot of people are still waking up from Monday nights "First real night on Playa lets go absolutely balls to the wall" party.
illy dilly

Postby junglesmacks » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:37 pm

illy dilly wrote:And, since its early a lot of people are still waking up from Monday nights "First real night on Playa lets go absolutely balls to the wall" party.

..or not even having gone to bed yet..

*cough*cough*
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Camp Name: Your mom's tent

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:42 pm

junglesmacks wrote:*cough*cough*

Take that to the playa lung thread, please.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby illy dilly » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:43 pm

junglesmacks wrote:
illy dilly wrote:And, since its early a lot of people are still waking up from Monday nights "First real night on Playa lets go absolutely balls to the wall" party.

*cough*cough*

SHUT UP FOOL!
Sleep or no sleep, I made it to the shift! And I was only a little late!
illy dilly

Postby junglesmacks » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:17 pm

illy dilly wrote:
junglesmacks wrote:

*cough*cough*

SHUT UP FOOL!

Oh, I give you mad ridiculous props for actually making that shift. You wouldn't have been able to drag me to that with a forklift after Monday night's festivities. I still can't believe you made it.
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Camp Name: Your mom's tent

Postby Savannah » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:21 pm

junglesmacks wrote:
Oh, I give you mad ridiculous props for actually making that shift. You wouldn't have been able to drag me to that with a forklift after Monday night's festivities. I still can't believe you made it.

. . . Rent forklift . . .

*scribbles notes*

If I paint it in pink camo and line it in pebble fun fur and triple-sewn rhinestones, I'll bet the DMV will allow me to shove all nature of ePlayans to their volunteer shifts. Although maybe some sort of sling would be more kind.
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby danibel » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:51 pm

illy dilly wrote:Danibel, G-Dawg is completely correct, but you're probably still wanting a bit more info.
There was a sort of last minute, sorta, kinda, eplaya shift last year, but not real organized and sort of random and sorta didn't completely happen.
Probably shoot for the same ice shift next year, mostly because Tuesday 9 to Noon is one of the best ice shifts for 'half' working. The city isn't full yet, so the rush isn't too bad. And, since its early a lot of people are still waking up from Monday nights "First real night on Playa lets go absolutely balls to the wall" party.

Ah. Tuesday morning would be hard for me. This year I didn't arrive on playa until Tuesday evening. Not sure about next year, as it's soooo far away.

I will keep my ear to the ground and watch the boards for another eplaya ice shift, if it works for me - great! If not, ah well, there is always center ice.
In dust we trust.
danibel

Camp Name: Camp D'nile

Postby illy dilly » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:43 pm

danibel wrote:
illy dilly wrote:Danibel, G-Dawg is completely correct, but you're probably still wanting a bit more info.

Ah. Tuesday morning would be hard for me. This year I didn't arrive on playa until Tuesday evening. Not sure about next year, as it's soooo far away.

I will keep my ear to the ground and watch the boards for another eplaya ice shift, if it works for me - great! If not, ah well, there is always center ice.

Right!
We don't even know if we're going yet.....
illy dilly

Postby illy dilly » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:46 pm

junglesmacks wrote:
illy dilly wrote:
junglesmacks wrote:..or not even having gone to bed yet..

*cough*cough*

SHUT UP FOOL!

And even after the shift I headed over to BDV and helped Moon round of all the fire drink stuff.
Though, I didn't make it to the start of the fire drink show... But I was there!
illy dilly

Postby piehole » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:53 pm

who remembers the name of those two dudes who were playing the funniest, crappiest rock & roll i have ever heard in my life for what seemed like the entirety of my line barking shift?

those guys kicked ass
but they sucked
but they knew they sucked
so they didn't care
so they just kept jamming and entertaining

those guys are fucking awesome
piehole

Postby piehole » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:53 pm

who remembers the name of those two dudes who were playing the funniest, crappiest rock & roll i have ever heard in my life for what seemed like the entirety of my line barking shift?

those guys kicked ass
but they sucked
but they knew they sucked
so they didn't care
so they just kept jamming and entertaining

those guys are fucking awesome
piehole

Postby illy dilly » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:42 pm

All I heard was "MORE ICE!!!! NOW!!!!"
Did the play they play out side?
illy dilly

Postby tamarakay » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:59 am

I can't remember their names either Piehole, but they were hilarious and I hope the finally got some therapy for the anger issues lol. Man, someone had just gone through the break up from hell when they wrote those songs.
When the only tool you got is a hammer, every problem looks like a hippie.

Mmmmmm I love the smell of Burning Man Token

http://www.dyewithdignity.com
tamarakay

Camp Name: Dye with Dignity at BDC

Previous

Return to Get Involved!